Discussion 2021 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawkins again "accidentally" clouted someones head with his forearm and nearly caused a concussion. I think it was Haynes. It seems like every game he hits someone in the head and the AFL rush to let him off every time. He's worse than Toby Greene IMO, he actually goes out to cause head trauma as a strategy. Toby is more a comic book villain. I hope some of Tom Hawkins victims sue the crap out of the AFL at the end of their careers. They fail to protect them.

Personally I hope the dogs kick Brisbane's a$$ tonight. Can't farkin stand Dane Zorko, classic footy yob. 😠

I hate the Dogs. I have an unnatural dislike for them. They seem like our modern rival.

I'd do disgusting things to have Whitfield on our list
BX47ijw.jpg

FMD if the Dees choke next week... I know they won the last game but the Cats were 6 or 7 goals up before that.

I can't stand the idea that the Calabrian Cats could make another GF and guys like Hawkins and Selwood will be called legends of the game.

EDIT: Watch Selwood go again as captain next year so he can claim the record.

Greedy, selfish, campaigner.

Last edited:
Hawkins again "accidentally" clouted someones head with his forearm and nearly caused a concussion. I think it was Haynes. It seems like every game he hits someone in the head and the AFL rush to let him off every time. He's worse than Toby Greene IMO, he actually goes out to cause head trauma as a strategy. Toby is more a comic book villain. I hope some of Tom Hawkins victims sue the crap out of the AFL at the end of their careers. They fail to protect them.

Everytime the AFL walks past an incident like this I find increasingly difficult to accept that it is serious about reducing concussion injury as a way of protecting players from the long term impact of CTE and insulating the sport from future litigation.

In rugby any incidental contact with the arm and shoulder to the head is a mandatory send off, regardless of the injury outcome.

Is there a betting market for goals from frees to weightman?

I just read that 36% of his goals this year have come from free kicks, on the back of 4 last week. The AFL need to crack down on these shrugging, dropping to knees and players dragging a tacklers arm over the shoulder like these guys do. It’s straight up cheating like Wallis last year.

I just read that 36% of his goals this year have come from free kicks, on the back of 4 last week. The AFL need to crack down on these shrugging, dropping to knees and players dragging a tacklers arm over the shoulder like these guys do. It’s straight up cheating like Wallis last year.
If they made the grand final I’d be ripping his head clean off at first opportunity. If you’re going to duck, Cody, you’re going to pay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they made the grand final I’d be ripping his head clean off at first opportunity. If you’re going to duck, Cody, you’re going to pay.
Wow a lot of big words there, how about I pay for you to pipe down, tiger. We all know you couldn't fight yourself out of a wet paper bag let alone Cody Weightman who towers over your 4'6'' frame, chief.

Wow a lot of big words there, how about I pay for you to pipe down, tiger. We all know you couldn't fight yourself out of a wet paper bag let alone Cody Weightman who towers over your 4'6'' frame, chief.
Pay me? I pay more in tax than you make a year hero. Let’s make it happen, the border isn’t the only thing that’s hard in WA genius.

I don't think Weightman was that bad.

He flipped on one but the Draper free and the push over the boundary were both poor umpiring rather than anything he did.

I'd love him at the Saints.

Hopefully with the uproar over all the Weightman free kicks last week the umpires won't be gifting him anything tonight but I expect the Dogs will still get their usual armchair ride, hopefully Brisbane are good enough to overcome it.

Heaven forbid I stick up for the Bulldogs but two of his goals last week were terrible ump decisions.

Hopefully with the uproar over all the Weightman free kicks last week the umpires won't be gifting him anything tonight but I expect the Dogs will still get their usual armchair ride, hopefully Brisbane are good enough to overcome it.

Well let’s see…can Joe stand up tonight bc they are missing Hipwood.
Hope so.

Do we have the % for other players?

I'd be interested in seeing where he ranks against the comp.
Article on AFL.com

“All four of Weightman's goals on Sunday came from free kicks. According to Champion Data, 36 percent of his goals this year have done so. It's the highest rate of any player to kick 20 or more goals in season 2021.”

Heaven forbid I stick up for the Bulldogs but two of his goals last week were terrible ump decisions.
Not having a shot at you but I cant see the problem, he got in best position, got the free kicks and he kicked the goals when it counted. Umps make mistakes now and then. People need to get over it. If it was Butler or Higgins we would be saying how great it was. The umpire may be dropped as well, I dont know.

Not having a shot at you but I cant see the problem, he got in best position, got the free kicks and he kicked the goals when it counted. Umps make mistakes now and then. People need to get over it. If it was Butler or Higgins we would be saying how great it was. The umpire may be dropped as well, I dont know.

Yeah every good small forward ever does it the same way, Milney certainly did.

Well let’s see…can Joe stand up tonight bc they are missing Hipwood.
Hope so.

Yeah they are missing both Hipwood and McStay so Daniher will need to step up for them, he will probably have Alex Keath playing on him who has done a good job shutting down opposition key forwards so it won't be easy for him. He at least needs to provide a contest and get the ball to ground for Cameron and the other Brisbane small forwards to crumb.

Yeah every good small forward ever does it the same way, Milney certainly did.

Milney didn't get a lot of love from the umpires though, he usually had to earn any free kicks he got, he didn't get too many gifts like Weightman gets.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2021 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back