NFL 2021 NFL - Week 17

Remove this Banner Ad

If Seattle beat Detroit this week and the Giants can find a way to top Chicago the Panthers move into the top 5 assuming the Panthers dont **** it all up and beat the Saints in a meaningless game.

Examples of other things people love that they dump all the time?

Switching footy teams is out there, they really have to have f’ed you over to justify it IMHO.

I gave two already... Religion, political party. More? Types of cars or specific cars or brands of cars. Certain activities or hobbies. Favorite bands or music. Movies (eg Star Wars). Idols one associated with, or had. The obvious ones like romantic partners. Even same-sex friends, long time ones too. Favorite fast foods or restaurants. Hang out places.. Careers, jobs. Sports themselves, all the way down to favorite players. Cities or towns or neighborhoods, even countries.

If you think about it, recognize it, your whole life is a series of phases, evolutions, maturation, of personal change, world view change, of loving something and falling out of love with something to love something else. Of personal identification and what you identify with. From the superficial to the profound. It's always there and happening. Disenfranchised with something, by something, and taking varying new paths from 1 to 180 degrees different. Even something like sexual/romantic -- hetero going homo, or similar whole identity/preference morphings.

Not always is it something having to **** you over, it can be just that, but it can often be just a phase of age, or newer better information/knowledge acquired, or simply taste, or complex reasonings like a memory and implication, or philosophical, psychological, spiritual triggers.

For me and why dump the Raiders....ive explained in depth why before. There were reasons, significant and less significant, not a silly or shameless thing (eg, chasing rings). Even if people wanna do that for such reasons, I don't judge anyway, each to their own, a profundity or significance in there for them in such things. Why people do things or value things that you can't understand, don't do, and don't value. Like personal preferences but deeper, like how can people or someone drop their entire life high-flying job and become a hermit, or dump their wife and kids for a younger woman (on the surface) but deep reasons why it was triggered. The scope and background behind stories, biographies of famous people and all the key moments and impacts in their lives. Etc

Football being given some untouchable sense of spiritual standing is understandable but also shown to be a fallacy, a delusionary or hypocritical aspect. It's nothing more or less than fandom of an entertainment for entertainment purposes. Sense of identity i know. But like i demonstrated, sense of identity changes all the time, often naturally, often by ones own choice (as they glean more knowledge or their view about something changes). Values or disenfranchisement with a previous method or image/meaning.

It's all relative ... hurts, change, values, identity, etc.

Some dumped their teams because they relocated to another city. Some because a new owner, or an iconic figure of that org left, disenfranchised himself with that org (paul brown example originally), or a tom landry fired by new owner who people disliked, or new horrible owner like dan snyder, or new figureheads that a fan refuses to associate with....there are reasons like those. There are reasons like the org is no longer what it used to be, lost its own identity and morphed into something unlikeable, or no longer identifies with you on a personal level, they changed not you so you sought a new org to maintain the same identity. So many examples of why/how.

Not that i need(ed) to...but i gave my multiple reasons why once. When someone absorbs it, connects to the mindset behind it, they understood. But ive also sat there and heard all the reasons why many others on here ended up supporting the team they did. Woodson used to be a Niners fan but over time sought out a team that he identified more with. STO started off a Raiders fan but similarly evolved to Eagles. Many of you also did likewise. First picked a team and then over time found one. Often we are brought up into a team at a young age but one day realize you didnt pick them, and have a "crisis" of sorts and want to choose your own team. Because you had no choice. Or maybe at a very young age randomly picked a team for a silly or superficial reason and why should that be something you "must" stick with if you yourself mature and change and now find better/new reasons to choose another team. Like why should a decision when youre 5 or 10, your own or parents, be something that defines you rest of your life, or a burden to bear? Some people follow a team, marry into a family that follows another and/or you all move to a new city/state abd decide to adopt that new team for you, your wife and kids. Ive seen so many people say just that in AFL board, people moving interstate and adopting Lions, Suns, Swans, Giants, Eagles, Dockers. Theres that thread....chief please change my team on this board to so and so because.

The search for a new team, or new identity, or new thing to love.... Sometimes that can be a quick simple one, someone already knows. Sometimes a person doesnt know and needs time to touch base with themselves, reconnect, learn who they are, what they stand for, and go thru a gradual process before finding the new thing/love. Whether a new career, a new team, whatever. The amount of times I had to take my time to re-identify, to find a new career, girlfriend, etc, because it suddenly dawned on me a dissatisfaction with, or loss of love for, or out-growing something or someone, or being out-grown by them, and needing time to think and find a new direction or sense of self. We often lose connection with who we are, become someone else for years not realizing it, we robotized into it, indoctrinated into it, a partner gradually altered us, their parents, circles they walk in, groups they belong to, molded us into representations of them, or adapted for the relationship but lost touch with ourself.

I could go on and on....

Interesting to see if Chris Simms can eat his own head.
He's already started.

E4gDDJUWEAAsB9F

2022 will be another wasted year from giants then
Judge is about as over matched as a coach as Nagy
I wouldnt say as over matched. Judge was just a ST coach for the Pats before this job.
Nagy was a offensive guru coming from KC

They are both shit and should of been shown the door 12 months ago.

I gave two already... Religion, political party. More? Types of cars or specific cars or brands of cars. Certain activities or hobbies. Favorite bands or music. Movies (eg Star Wars). Idols one associated with, or had. The obvious ones like romantic partners. Even same-sex friends, long time ones too. Favorite fast foods or restaurants. Hang out places.. Careers, jobs. Sports themselves, all the way down to favorite players. Cities or towns or neighborhoods, even countries.

If you think about it, recognize it, your whole life is a series of phases, evolutions, maturation, of personal change, world view change, of loving something and falling out of love with something to love something else. Of personal identification and what you identify with. From the superficial to the profound. It's always there and happening. Disenfranchised with something, by something, and taking varying new paths from 1 to 180 degrees different. Even something like sexual/romantic -- hetero going homo, or similar whole identity/preference morphings.

Not always is it something having to fu** you over, it can be just that, but it can often be just a phase of age, or newer better information/knowledge acquired, or simply taste, or complex reasonings like a memory and implication, or philosophical, psychological, spiritual triggers.

For me and why dump the Raiders....ive explained in depth why before. There were reasons, significant and less significant, not a silly or shameless thing (eg, chasing rings). Even if people wanna do that for such reasons, I don't judge anyway, each to their own, a profundity or significance in there for them in such things. Why people do things or value things that you can't understand, don't do, and don't value. Like personal preferences but deeper, like how can people or someone drop their entire life high-flying job and become a hermit, or dump their wife and kids for a younger woman (on the surface) but deep reasons why it was triggered. The scope and background behind stories, biographies of famous people and all the key moments and impacts in their lives. Etc

Football being given some untouchable sense of spiritual standing is understandable but also shown to be a fallacy, a delusionary or hypocritical aspect. It's nothing more or less than fandom of an entertainment for entertainment purposes. Sense of identity i know. But like i demonstrated, sense of identity changes all the time, often naturally, often by ones own choice (as they glean more knowledge or their view about something changes). Values or disenfranchisement with a previous method or image/meaning.

It's all relative ... hurts, change, values, identity, etc.

Some dumped their teams because they relocated to another city. Some because a new owner, or an iconic figure of that org left, disenfranchised himself with that org (paul brown example originally), or a tom landry fired by new owner who people disliked, or new horrible owner like dan snyder, or new figureheads that a fan refuses to associate with....there are reasons like those. There are reasons like the org is no longer what it used to be, lost its own identity and morphed into something unlikeable, or no longer identifies with you on a personal level, they changed not you so you sought a new org to maintain the same identity. So many examples of why/how.

Not that i need(ed) to...but i gave my multiple reasons why once. When someone absorbs it, connects to the mindset behind it, they understood. But ive also sat there and heard all the reasons why many others on here ended up supporting the team they did. Woodson used to be a Niners fan but over time sought out a team that he identified more with. STO started off a Raiders fan but similarly evolved to Eagles. Many of you also did likewise. First picked a team and then over time found one. Often we are brought up into a team at a young age but one day realize you didnt pick them, and have a "crisis" of sorts and want to choose your own team. Because you had no choice. Or maybe at a very young age randomly picked a team for a silly or superficial reason and why should that be something you "must" stick with if you yourself mature and change and now find better/new reasons to choose another team. Like why should a decision when youre 5 or 10, your own or parents, be something that defines you rest of your life, or a burden to bear? Some people follow a team, marry into a family that follows another and/or you all move to a new city/state abd decide to adopt that new team for you, your wife and kids. Ive seen so many people say just that in AFL board, people moving interstate and adopting Lions, Suns, Swans, Giants, Eagles, Dockers. Theres that thread....chief please change my team on this board to so and so because.

The search for a new team, or new identity, or new thing to love.... Sometimes that can be a quick simple one, someone already knows. Sometimes a person doesnt know and needs time to touch base with themselves, reconnect, learn who they are, what they stand for, and go thru a gradual process before finding the new thing/love. Whether a new career, a new team, whatever. The amount of times I had to take my time to re-identify, to find a new career, girlfriend, etc, because it suddenly dawned on me a dissatisfaction with, or loss of love for, or out-growing something or someone, or being out-grown by them, and needing time to think and find a new direction or sense of self. We often lose connection with who we are, become someone else for years not realizing it, we robotized into it, indoctrinated into it, a partner gradually altered us, their parents, circles they walk in, groups they belong to, molded us into representations of them, or adapted for the relationship but lost touch with ourself.

I could go on and on....

Yeah but what do you really think?;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's one of those ingrained beliefs that the entire world is wrong about. Like...well, I won't go there here.

You did help remind me I was maybe a quarter Bears fan before Randall helped me see the light so I do get where you are coming from. Rusted on supporters who do eventually switch, that I'll never really get, not that what I think counts for anything

You did help remind me I was maybe a quarter Bears fan before Randall helped me see the light so I do get where you are coming from. Rusted on supporters who do eventually switch, that I'll never really get, not that what I think counts for anything
It always counts. 👍
I do have a little problem with attachment too, that is true, i find love in so many things, different people, not disloyal but, appreciation, and with football teams the same, the histories and figures of their past. Why i always had Dolphins as #2, and Lions due to Sanders, and Bears for their tough D and aggro, and silly things like Bengals for their striped helmets and up against the giant 49ers back in the day, etc. Often its loving a franchise player of a team that keeps you liking that team. Or their tradition of defense in a tough cold windy city. Or you lived in a city for a period of time on your nomadic way. Embracing it all as part of the overall mosaic of "you".

STO started off a Raiders fan but similarly evolved to Eagles.

I don't make a good human shield.

This isnt really true. I kind of liked the Raiders, but I never really followed them or the sport. I didnt watch games or even track the results, buy merchandise or anything else that would come with fandom, I just kind of liked them.

Once I chose the Eagles as my team, I stuck with them through 15 or so miserable years until we finally got that superbowl, including the Fire Andy days, Chip Kelly trading my favourite player in favour of Sam ****ing Bradford, and the time they let Brian Dawkins walk in free agency.

I don't make a good human shield.

This isnt really true. I kind of liked the Raiders, but I never really followed them or the sport. I didnt watch games or even track the results, buy merchandise or anything else that would come with fandom, I just kind of liked them.

Once I chose the Eagles as my team, I stuck with them through 15 or so miserable years until we finally got that superbowl, including the Fire Andy days, Chip Kelly trading my favourite player in favour of Sam ******* Bradford, and the time they let Brian Dawkins walk in free agency.
Apologies for misappropriating you/info.
Wasnt meant to be a human shield but showing the many ways people can change teams (tho it didnt apply to you), where in that case a person new to a sport quickly picks one for whatever reason but over time finds another team speaks to him more....a common thing for international fans be it UK to NFL, Aust to EPL, etc.

:tearsofjoy:

Thats it, its board lore now, STO was the original turncoat, deflecting from the Raiders also no less, what is it with that team that drives "long time" fans away?

Lies make baby Jesus cry GG.

Manu will be next. Then Chewy a few years later.
Australia/UK is one of those places where tons of gear is sold, people wear it as a brand, not following the sport, and over time might say thats their team, but if they got into the sport for real, they end up finding a different team. I am sure youve had those observations....you see a person wearing NFL gear, make small talk about it, they ask which team you follow, you ask them about the team they follow, abd they dont know anything about them or the game, or pretending/lying its their team, dont know much about the players of that team. Or maybe even honest they dont follow the sport, just a cool top/cap.

no doubt the Raiders brand/clothing/hats is the still one most popular here, imagine if they actually became good again. Done well to be such a dumpster fire for a decade plus and still have a strong following.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL 2021 NFL - Week 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Back