Autopsy 2021 Swans Vs Giants Elimination Final. Lost by 1 point

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ll take a very slight bit of solace that we were the better team overall and it was us who lost it opposed to them winning it. That huge comeback without JPK and Mills, too.

It’s really painful but I’m proud of this team and I still believe we’re on the path to a flag within the next three years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just me or is Mclean shitloads better when buddy isnt there?
I repeat. We are better as an attacking team when Buddy floats up the ground & back.making other forwards unpredictable targets.
In turn this gets Buddy his 2 or 3 goals per game.
We use our inside 50's more efficiently when Bud doesn't sit back most of the game. Last week was an example when fresh.
He tires & can't do it all the time.
It's time to play Buddy in his final year like GWS played Mummy.
2 weeks on then a break.

florent was in some odd positions today, not sure they know where to use him

I think the loss of blakey unbalanced the team. Before we had Jmac and Florent as wings. I think today when lloyd was tagged we didnt have much in the way of exists (COR feels like hes lost a bit of confidence) and so i think they pushed jmac into the backline a bit which reduced the wing speed - we moved heeney there a bit on the basis that wed lose a bit of speed but get a bit more marking

i think we ended up with florent inside a bit more and jmac on the hbf a bit to cover uo mills and blakey.

I’ll take a very slight bit of solace that we were the better team overall and it was us who lost it opposed to them winning it. That huge comeback without JPK and Mills, too.

It’s really painful but I’m proud of this team and I still believe we’re on the path to a flag within the next three years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember feeling this flat after the prelim in 2003. felt like there was no one in the comp we couldnt beat and you just dont know how often you will get there (i remember thinking in 2003 that generations of swans had never seen their team get so close and I really wasnt sure that wed get there again).

i hope youre right about building towards something. It would be a real waste if this is going to be a brisbane like set of results of getting to the top four but not getting to the big dance

I repeat. We are better as an attacking team when Buddy floats up the ground & back.making other forwards unpredictable targets.
In turn this gets Buddy his 2 or 3 goals per game.
We use our inside 50's more efficiently when Bud doesn't sit back most of the game. Last week was an example when fresh.
He tires & can't do it all the time.
It's time to play Buddy in his final year like GWS played Mummy.
2 weeks on then a break.

repeat my earlier perspective. buddy plays from behind too often when playing deep. we are so much better hitting heeney and hayward leading to the ball than trying to hit a perfect kick over tall defenders

next season mcdonald out of the square, heeney and hayward as marking targets and buddy hff or if and when he can do it - wing.

franklin to heeney is going to work much better than heeney to franklin (apolgies to heeney2franklin)

I think I said during the week, we were incredibly unlucky coming up against the one team that was hitting form and getting all its best players back. It's a disappointing end to what has been a fantastic season.

I’m absolutely gutted. Not just for me but for the players and staff. Shipped from state to state. Packing a suitcase at 3 hours notice with little more than a kiss goodbye to loved ones without knowing when they would see them again. Having to spend 2 months away from them. Yet despite all these challenges, they produced a season that has brought me so much joy in what has been a really challenging year for personally.

I'm grateful to the team for confounding the so called experts predictions of a bottom 4 spot.
I'm grateful to the team for playing with absolute pride in the jumper we all love.
I'm grateful that they gave their blood, sweat and tears for the benefit of the Bloods faithful.
I'm grateful they wore the red V at Melbourne games for those of us with South heritage running through our veins.
I'm grateful for the webinars for locked down members.
I'm grateful for the young Bloods coming through for standing up and becoming an exciting and vital part of this up and coming machine.
I'm grateful for the win against Richmond, where we made the footy world stand up and take notice.
I'm grateful for the dominant victory down at Geelong and the memories I now have with my young nephew who got to see his favourites play in the flesh.
I'm grateful for the gutsy win where we dismantled the media darling Bulldogs.
I'm proud to support a professional, hard-working, honest and reliable club.
I'm thankful for the 36 years of joy they have provided me so far as a supporter, including the 25 years of my membership.

I know it’s not the end to the season we hoped for. I know it's not the end of the season we deserved. Regardless, I'm ****ing proud and can't wait to do it all again next year.

To cap it all off, I will say this. if we won the premiership in the future with the likes of Bell/Melican in the side phoaarr.... no doubt wed be singing their praises in 10 years time.

There were times where we got frustrated with the likes of Grundy and LRT. Bird at times. Heck I remember when people were talking about Pyke as a passenger. Now because they are premiership heroes we praise them to the high heavens. LRT now a cult hero. Even when we fell short the next few years.

Just don't think it is going to happen.

Really disappointing result after a great year. Unfortunate our skils and shooting which have been our strength this year let us down.

Key things to work on for next year:
1 - set shot shooting and shooting on the run for our small forwards
2 - getting Warner, Campbell, McDonald, Gould fit and with better tanks
3 - getting Stephens/Amartey going properly

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yep, still shattered…..like someone else said, I didn’t actually think we’d win the flag or anything, but to lose to those pricks, with a vulnerable Cats team in waiting? Ugh.

Still, great year and plenty of upside with McDonald (who was bloody good in his limited opportunities) and Campbell to play more of a role. Hopefully Armartey too.

Geez we need a KPD or two though. Badly.

I think I said during the week, we were incredibly unlucky coming up against the one team that was hitting form and getting all its best players back. It's a disappointing end to what has been a fantastic season.

I’m absolutely gutted. Not just for me but for the players and staff. Shipped from state to state. Packing a suitcase at 3 hours notice with little more than a kiss goodbye to loved ones without knowing when they would see them again. Having to spend 2 months away from them. Yet despite all these challenges, they produced a season that has brought me so much joy in what has been a really challenging year for personally.

I'm grateful to the team for confounding the so called experts predictions of a bottom 4 spot.
I'm grateful to the team for playing with absolute pride in the jumper we all love.
I'm grateful that they gave their blood, sweat and tears for the benefit of the Bloods faithful.
I'm grateful they wore the red V at Melbourne games for those of us with South heritage running through our veins.
I'm grateful for the webinars for locked down members.
I'm grateful for the young Bloods coming through for standing up and becoming an exciting and vital part of this up and coming machine.
I'm grateful for the win against Richmond, where we made the footy world stand up and take notice.
I'm grateful for the dominant victory down at Geelong and the memories I now have with my young nephew who got to see his favourites play in the flesh.
I'm grateful for the gutsy win where we dismantled the media darling Bulldogs.
I'm proud to support a professional, hard-working, honest and reliable club.
I'm thankful for the 36 years of joy they have provided me so far as a supporter, including the 25 years of my membership.

I know it’s not the end to the season we hoped for. I know it's not the end of the season we deserved. Regardless, I'm ******* proud and can't wait to do it all again next year.
Well said mate.

As shit as we're all feeling now the players would be hurting far more. Most of them have barely seen their families for 3 months and have made huge sacrifices to get where we are.

We went in against a full strength GWS and didn't give up at any point.

Easy to be disappointed in the result, hard to be disappointed in the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, I guess my life is now going to be spent in the draft and hypotheticals thread.

Hope we can keep this team together.

You heard it here first Kapers. I am not going near that thread again. That is my vow. The Hewett dismissals are head-through-wall stuff.

Really disappointing result after a great year. Unfortunate our skils and shooting which have been our strength this year let us down.

Key things to work on for next year:
1 - set shot shooting and shooting on the run for our small forwards
2 - getting Warner, Campbell, McDonald, Gould fit and with better tanks
3 - getting Stephens/Amartey going properly

4 - Contested possessions :)

Still shattered. We found the most cruel way to lose.

+20 inside 50s!!!

Can't believe there is a QF on right now and I couldn't care less, just so flat

We shot ourselves in the foot. We should've easily won that game if we kicked straight and choose better I50 options. Those things are stuff we control.

At least they can all spend some much deserved time with their families. Hope we give them an extended break since they've been on the road for 10+ weeks. They deserve it.

Lloyd is still our most key player in regards to our rebounding and I am saying that as a massive Blakey + McInerney fan. It says a lot that they sent their best tagger to Lloyd of all our players in a final. He's an absolute gun.
I agree with a lot of your comments but no. The team rebounded easily without him for the first half. He added no more then another 20m kick or a 50m to a pack.

I agree with a lot of your comments but no. The team rebounded easily without him for the first half. He added no more then another 20m kick or a 50m to a pack.

I feel like that 20m kick though is the important one and one we needed more of today. I enjoy the Blakey + McInerney runs where they cover 70 odd metres themselves with their speed, but those rebounds often end in the blind kick to a vacant forward line, as they've essentially out-run the team. Lloyd is much better at creating effective run and carry by getting the ball to about the centre square and then bringing others into it. It's not as flashy and less likely to feature in highlight reels than when Blakey & McInerney pull theirs off, but IMO it's more conducive to results and meaningful forward entries from our rebounds.

For what it's worth, I feel for you guys. Sick in the stomach to be honest.
Well done on your season, which was actually a lot better than that of your repulsive cross-town rivals. I challenge anyone to produce their best with the personnel the equivalent of Mills & Kennedy out. Cold comfort I know.
Thanks for your kind thoughts Ben.
No doubt, this season has been way beyond my expectations and I am very confident that we can go further next year if we can keep the squad together.
Hope the doggies get their form back tomorrow and continue the drug taking Bombers losing record in finals for at least another 365 days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2021 Swans Vs Giants Elimination Final. Lost by 1 point

Remove this Banner Ad

Back