Autopsy 2021 Swans Vs Giants Elimination Final. Lost by 1 point

Remove this Banner Ad

Bell can leave his jumper at the ground tonight, he’s done. Waste of space

Melican isn’t much better, with 2 minutes to go, he had heeney in a world of space and refused to pull the trigger. Simple 20m kick. Doesn’t belong at AFL level
That was bewildering he ignored heeney

In fairness, the only one on that list that should have been ahead of bell was fox, but I guess they made fox the medi sub as he was a better cover. In hindsight though, it was the wrong call.

You live and you learn.

Bell is done imo

Rubbish, they are all better players than Bell and would’ve contributed more

The continued selection of Bell has been perplexing all season, he is nowhere near the standard required and it was proven again yesterday.

No football smarts whatsoever, no ability to find the ball (one double digit possession game for the season), and not even any real forward pressure

How a coach who some consider on here to be elite can’t see what’s obvious to everyone else is bewildering.

I genuinely believe he is the worst 10 + game player I’ve ever seen at the Swans

I just want to say how proud I am of my son Sam. Sam runs on determination and hard work and he showed that yesterday with his tackles and contested possessions. He did his job feeding Isaac his goals. For a young player he lifted in the last quarter busting to get the win. We have all replayed over in our mind his brilliant individual effort that hit the post, thinking what might have been.
Speaking to Sam after the game they are shattered. Really shattered.
We expect Sam to be home in a couple of days, just another person in lockdown.
He knows he has some things to work on ready for next year.
We are very proud of Sams year. To be picked every week in a side full of stars is a great achievement.
For you guys in this forum, thanks for a great year! There are some good footy minds and everyone is so passionate. Sometimes the things said are painful but that’s ok.
Have a great break!

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
He’s a beauty. You must be so proud. Must be amazing to watch your boy run out in the red and white every week. Look forward to seeing what he produces next year.

I just want to say how proud I am of my son Sam. Sam runs on determination and hard work and he showed that yesterday with his tackles and contested possessions. He did his job feeding Isaac his goals. For a young player he lifted in the last quarter busting to get the win. We have all replayed over in our mind his brilliant individual effort that hit the post, thinking what might have been.
We are very proud of Sams year. To be picked every week in a side full of stars is a great achievement.
For you guys in this forum, thanks for a great year! There are some good footy minds and everyone is so passionate. Sometimes the things said are painful but that’s ok.
Have a great break!

Hes a ripper Ralphy, had a great season

With 20 more inside 50s , the opportunities were there. Why we resorted to hacking it in long to a pack at every opportunity was confusing.
Geelong must be having a party they face GWS and not us.

The positive take out is just how often and easily we were able to go inside 50. Next year , some more experience and calmer heads, we might pick out more suitable targets.
Our ball movement is a pleasure to watch. It looked like at no time had the boys thought of losing, and with our inside 50s we would win those games 9/10 times.
Next year will only get better, Blakey back fit, Mills back, improvement for Warner, Campbell, Gulden, Mcinerney. Logan Mcdonald to play most of the season, Amartey to perhaps solidly a spot in the team. Mclean to keep improving
Fingers crossed for a couple of key re-signings

Campbell would have nailed all 3 shots bell had at goal Bell is not AFL level COR was not good enough today I would have much rathered fox then him Sam Reid should have played as a KPD he would have given Jesse hogan a kicking

You know what sh!ts me as much as anything?

This post game talk about GWS 'found a way to win'. That they bravely 'gutsed it out'.

BS. They did nothing but lay back and cross their fingers. They do not deserve a place in week 2 of the finals.

GWS are a very lucky team this morning.

I also suspect this robbery may change the nature of our games in future where they truly become the hunted team who dread to play us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have a great break!

Thanks for giving us little tidbits of insights from inside the four walls mate.

I hope Sam had a great preseason and takes his game to a new level in 22.

With everything around injuries and selection, we still lost by our own hand. Each miss in the final qtr was gettable and add to that Paps not making the distance on a few snaps and the goals at the end of qtrs etc etc, what a ride 2021 turned out to be. Make no mistake this flag is there to be pinched so we have missed a golden opportunity. I haven’t enjoyed a season with so much differential between highs and lows for a while. Given the dircumstances that is a great credit to the team and club.

hate we are not playing next week, but excited to think about what is ahead for this group.

Correct. Once again though I will ask didn't we trade one away that is now All Australian ?
Yes we did, but we want a KPD who can stop the gorilla forwards. Melican tried all night but was a bit below the level required and then lost all confidence to mark the ball. Aliir plays best as a loose interceptor. If you make him accountable then he is worse than Melican. You cannot say that Aliir would have fixed our issue because we still would have been beaten by the big forwards. We also need to move on at some time. That is so 2020.

Swans have extended Melican's contract... probably hoping they can turn him into the next Grundy instead of just being a depth piece at best. Grundy had his shockers in his early days as a KPD but turned out to be a premiership hero. Don't think he will make it but they are gonna protect him since they have invested in him.

Meanwhile Brand has a similar shocker and is about to get delisted. And at least he was playing on Dixon, a big big body.
Um... have you seen how big Hogan is?? He has terrorised more than just Melican when he is in form.

Have a great break!

Well done , i did peg there was someone close . Thanks for all you contribute to this board , good luck to Sam , he would look good with number 20.

Being saying this for a while but feel like we lack a meat axe.
We have a lot of young slight skilful players like JMac Errol etc and older guys like Cunningham Lloyd and Heeney.
I feel like we got bullied a bit last night. And nobody really did much about it
Might have helped that extra 1%.
I know it's modern footy but u stil need a bit of a physical edge from time to time in finals.
Greene whacked McInerney twice I think.
Would have liked someone to square it up. Fairly. Nothing dirty. Just a player that makes the opposition a bit less confident when they are in the area
I think the Dees walk a bit taller with May down back.

Last edited:
As much as we are all feeling gutted I really feel for the players, coaches, staff etc. I woke up still replaying all those behinds, can't imagine what the players are feeling/thinking. I don't buy into this blaming one or two players, I mean even Buddy's miss although not the easiest was one I thought he would kick. As many have said it is definitely a missed opportunity, the game was really in our hands and that's what makes it hurt.

Although I am gutted I am super proud of the club for the season they have given us (especially being in lockdown, the way they played was really something to look forward to each week) and of course there are no guarantees but I really think this team can do something special in the next few years. Fingers crossed we keep the players we want/need (and bring players in) and we can turn an "almost season" (almost got a top 4 spot, almost won a final) into something more next season. I really feel this season was just the beginning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2021 Swans Vs Giants Elimination Final. Lost by 1 point

Remove this Banner Ad

Back