List Mgmt. 2021 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Billings would definitely be looking to get out of StKilda. The shit that bloke cops because he was the pick before Bont is relentless.
Yes he is not a number 3 pick, but we are getting him for nothing.
Apparently he has played all year with plantafacsia and it is now so bad he is handballing rather than kicking.
I think he would play a wing half forward role not dissimilar to Amon.
Amon Duursma Billings are 3 interesting wingmen. Billings and Amon class users and Duursma a gut running defensive wingman.
Having said that, I can understand people being MEH about him.

Why would Geelong get rid of Jordan Clark? Their list is ancient, why would they be giving away young players?
They didn’t last year when Fremantle came asking. I think it’s more Clark wanting to leave. Adding Higgins and Isaac Smith hasn’t helped him get more game time.

Any chance for Dawson?

South Australian out of contract and in ripping form. Should be able to match any offer Adelaide throw at him with our large salary cap space.

Would love him at the club. Elite kickers are hard to find and starting to rack up more disposals now.

Looking through a few lists
I still think lipinski or Wallis would be a good get but also he hasn’t had a really good time of it but schache might be worth a punt. Would be cheap I wreckon and could be the motivation for Marshall knowing there’s some1 in the reserves that can come in and take his spot worst case scenario he halos out the magpies as that 2nd tall
Also would valente be worth looking at from freo. Local lad could be good midfield depth and could also come cheap coz he’s down the pecking order there.
Also a fair bit left field but if we have money to burn could we try and prise Franklin on a well payed 1 year deal. Sydney might take it to get some money off there books and could be a point of difference for a premiership. High risk but could be high reward

I still think lipinski or Wallis would be a good get but also he hasn’t had a really good time of it but schache might be worth a punt. Would be cheap I wreckon and could be the motivation for Marshall knowing there’s some1 in the reserves that can come in and take his spot worst case scenario he halos out the magpies as that 2nd tall
Also would valente be worth looking at from freo. Local lad could be good midfield depth and could also come cheap coz he’s down the pecking order there.
Also a fair bit left field but if we have money to burn could we try and prise Franklin on a well payed 1 year deal. Sydney might take it to get some money off there books and could be a point of difference for a premiership. High risk but could be high reward

Huuuuuggggeeee no on Valente.

Josh Schache makes Todd Marshall look like peak WGT.

Valente would be good depth based on his 0 AFL games for a bottom 6 Freo side?

Franklin lol. We should get Dawson and Stephens just for taking that contract off their books.

If we end up trading Ladhams to St Kilda, I hope Ryder is sent back to us as part of the deal, as just a bit of short term insurance for Lycett and Hayes (the latter being a 0 gamer). But also draft a rookie ruck as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh Schache makes Todd Marshall look like peak WGT.

Valente would be good depth based on his 0 AFL games for a bottom 6 Freo side?

Franklin lol. We should get Dawson and Stephens just for taking that contract off their books.
Schache has shown just as much as Marshall has and is still young. He’d provide cover that we don’t have at the moment
That bottom 6 side has a good midfield that would be hard to break into. Freo has more midfield depth then we do

If we end up trading Ladhams to St Kilda, I hope Ryder is sent back to us as part of the deal, as just a bit of short term insurance for Lycett and Hayes (the latter being a 0 gamer). But also draft a rookie ruck as well.
Hayes should have been given a crack when Lycett was out for a month.

Clark is one of those fringe players who destroys low-intensity pre-season games but cant win a contest or do anything with the ball in the real stuff. He is in the same boat as Bonner atm, but probably not as good.

4 years age difference makes it difficult to compare. Clark is still barely in to the AFL.

That in itself rings alarm bells. Geelong should be well aware they're heading for a cliff.
give Geelong some credit, at least they stick by their guns, if Clark played for us he'd be the next big thing because we saw him cut through a couple of lines running out from back pocket on day. Chris Scott can see through the pretender and knows he's a show pony. You generally do get a game for Geelong unless you first put on 10kg of muscle to play the Chris Scott style

if you can work Ladhams into a top 10 pick or a top grade midfielder trade then you are letting go of him, i think he could be a really good player at another team so i wouldnt be letting him go cheaply.

Billings for free would be fine I guess. He's not a superstar but he's definitely AFL quality. We'll need more of those mid/HFF types pretty soon, Gray and Motlop have probably only got one or two years left.

I don't get the Dawson hype tbh.
Have you watched him play?

Would be our best half back by a mile.

Any chance for Dawson?

South Australian out of contract and in ripping form. Should be able to match any offer Adelaide throw at him with our large salary cap space.

Would love him at the club. Elite kickers are hard to find and starting to rack up more disposals now.

Yes but would cost us a 1st round pick or equivalent player.

Yes but would cost us a 1st round pick or equivalent player.
And rightly so. People are talking about getting a first rounder for Ladhams, who isn't fit to tie Dawson's boots.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2021 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back