Training 2021 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

I've noticed the same thing, going back to press conferences early this year. Coaches' eyes light up when talking about their favourites, but whenever Teague has to speak about Stocker it's... the opposite. Hopefully we're completely wrong and it's just a bit of strategic tough love.
I'd say it's more Stocker coming up to meeting expectations, and you don't get special praise just for that.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Love to see Fish doing some extra training. The only thing that worries me (or maybe I'm a bit paranoid), is that there's strapping to his right ankle which I believe was the foot which suffered a syndesmosis injury earlier on in the year. Could this be a case of it not healing as expected, or just a precautionary measure?

View attachment 1024062

I hope you never get in the rooms then, there are alot more blokes getting their ankles taped than not.

The fight for a spot in the starting 22 is becoming very solid. It is great to see the boys back, especially the ones not due back yet. Saad getting down to meet his new teammates is a good look too!

Typical Ed, being a true professional all the time.

Lets hope you're right but this comment gets thrown around every pre-season and then after round 1 we can barely find a good 22. One day we will be right about a hard 22 to pick.

I noticed that too. Definitely seemed to be choosing his words more carefully for that bit.

Of course there could be any number of reasons for it, some of which you've mentioned. Others might include that Teague doesn't have as good a read on Stocker compared to other players right now because he missed all that time in the hub and they're only just back training. Or maybe someone behind the camera held up a sign just then asking Teague what he wanted for lunch and he got momentarily distracted weighing up the nachos vs the warm beef salad.
Or he's choosing his words carefully to avoid tripping up and letting anything slip about the personal matters that required him to leave the hub.

say what? does patty cripps say "I thought they'd be getting they're own ball so I didn't bother"?

To be fair, this would be a pretty awesome outcome if Patty was that confident in his fellow midfielders....

Saad and Fisher also in those photos - love to see the older guys coming in early to get a head-start - raring to go!

Saad particularly.
Pretty impressive effort given he probably wasn't due at the club until 2021.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saad particularly.
Pretty impressive effort given he probably wasn't due at the club until 2021.
The only issue I have with it is that it is now the norm, so it has become a gimmicky marketing thing.

Every traded in player and players who had a crap year, goes to day 1 of training and it is more about selling memberships that anything else.

Ed: I can't see why......*about to say we can't make finals*.....*pause*.....there should be any limits on this group.....

And people say Ed isn't agile..... :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2021 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back