Training 2021 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

my dad tells me stories of Gary crane the player and they inevitably end with how such a scrawny bloke had zero fear on the the field.
cut down with knee injuries sadly[pre-advances with medical solutions] as was our other elite winger,Bryan Quirk...was equal best center line of the period with Crane,Ian Robertson,& Quirk rivalling the Richmond centre line namely ,Burke,Barrot & Clay

Still think Dow looks undersized for the role he plays...

Loving the look of Stocker though. He's looking much fitter, and with his attitude and skillset I think he'll be eyeing off a round one spot.

Great to see Kemp out there too - got a sneaking suspicion that he may end up in Marchy's role if Marchy falls apart again. Kemp certainly has him covered for ball use and speed, and has the height to play as a third man up or loose interceptor when the opportunity presents.

Still think Dow looks undersized for the role he plays...

Loving the look of Stocker though. He's looking much fitter, and with his attitude and skillset I think he'll be eyeing off a round one spot.

Great to see Kemp out there too - got a sneaking suspicion that he may end up in Marchy's role if Marchy falls apart again. Kemp certainly has him covered for ball use and speed, and has the height to play as a third man up or loose interceptor when the opportunity presents.

Agree re Dow, 4th pre-season and still hasn't developed a workable upper body. Not ideal.

Setterfield looks very strong, Stocker too.

Been listening to a bunch of interviews over the last week or so. There are quite a few who are said to be looking very good so far. Stocker, Setters, Dow, JSOS and Durdin all amongst those names. Exciting times fellow baggers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been listening to a bunch of interviews over the last week or so. There are quite a few who are said to be looking very good so far. Stocker, Setters, Dow, JSOS and Durdin all amongst those names. Exciting times fellow baggers.

Loved the Coach Q n A, thanks I'd missed catching it earlier

cut down with knee injuries sadly[pre-advances with medical solutions] as was our other elite winger,Bryan Quirk...was equal best center line of the period with Crane,Ian Robertson,& Quirk rivalling the Richmond centre line namely ,Burke,Barrot & Clay
Bourke. Also, spot on post.

I rewatched the Teague Q@A - worth listening to imo - especially regarding the game plan he wants to implement- he thought that perhaps he was too defensive in '20.

That concerns me somewhat. I think we should have shut the game down earlier when sides got a run on, rather than continuing to play attacking footy. Needs to be some balance in those situations

That concerns me somewhat. I think we should have shut the game down earlier when sides got a run on, rather than continuing to play attacking footy. Needs to be some balance in those situations

Perhaps.

I think we may be a side that is better attacking to defend. When we got a lead and then tried to maintain it, we got picked apart. Should maybe have just kept playing our game, winning the ball and driving it forward.

Two possible solutions - play less defensively if we do it poorly, or learn to play it better. Should probably be looking to do both, come to think of it. Do it less while training to improve it to the point it's game-ready.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2021 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back