Training 2021 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Usually the distortion adds weight.

As far as Shoulders go, having had multiple shoulder surgeries, you lose muscle mass quickly when immobilised. It will return a couple of months into his gym work getting back to normal.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

with wide - near objects are disproportionally larger than objects further away and depending on how close the near object is to teh actual capture and how wide the lens being used the distortion you get increases dramatically - hazzarding a guess I'd say it was a phone camera shot aken very close up to both players with phone tilted to capture...

agree on muscle loss around shoulders - but again right shoulder is behind his left shoulder - no way Cripps is that skinny all over though much bigger chest than the kid he is pictured next too...

Any chance we can stop with this cowardly name calling?

And it’s not just you this is directed at, I’ve read a lot of this sort of stuff lately and it’s pathetic.
Nicknames are ok but, I don’t like the derogatory stuff either. I get the Gov stuff in particular. Jeremy isn’t a picture of Adonis either. And he is not known for his dedication to training or squeaky clean diet. Interesting he has been doing some hammies of late though. It always catches up as you get older. Gov seems to be on the right track so far.

And it’s not just you this is directed at, I’ve read a lot of this sort of stuff lately and it’s pathetic.
Maybe...but the message is correct.

McGovern is a highly remunerated professional footballer. But till this point he hasn’t worked hard enough on the aspects he can solely control: fitness, correlated into skin folds/BMI etc.

Yes, it’s a brutal message, but it’s his profession (AFL). McGovern personally - nor our team - cannot accept how he presented in the latter stages of last season. At AFL level a 1% difference in effort is all it takes between success or not.

High performing teams need everyone at their best. This year for McGovern must be step up or step out.

McGovern is a highly remunerated professional footballer. But till this point he hasn’t worked hard enough on the aspects he can solely control: fitness, correlated into skin folds/BMI etc.

Yes, it’s a brutal message, but it’s his profession (AFL). McGovern personally - nor our team - cannot accept how he presented in the latter stages of last season. At AFL level a 1% difference in effort is all it takes between success or not.

High performing teams need everyone at their best. This year for McGovern must be step up or step out.
I don’t think anyone questions that. Some, and I am one, object to the negative branding and name calling. Whatever though, each to their own.

Last edited:
Did anyone watch the training video on club site today -- setterfield toyed with O'Brien in a marking contest -- the photos and videos of him so far are very impressive .. fish also looks strong ( short still 😁)
Saw that, loved it. The guys look like they have turned up in ripping nick. Setters looks great!

I think I spied Adam Saad with the number 16 on his back

I don’t think anyone questions that. Some, and I am one, object to the negative branding and name calling. Whatever though, each to there own.
Yep, that’s fair enough.

The beauty of all this though is McGovern can choose - and is in control of - his own outcome.

He does have the talent; but many before him have also had it.

So he can choose to work consistently hard (and the naysayers will drop off in spades) or....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean the latter stages of a season after an injury riddled 2 years?

I’m not saying McGovern has or hasn’t worked hard enough or conditioned himself well enough, I wouldn’t know. Neither would most here. I am saying he’s a person, highly remunerated or not.
Furthermore, it’s hardly his fault that the club decided to spend that sort of money on him. How could anyone blame him for accepting it?

You mean the latter stages of a season after an injury riddled 2 years?

I’m not saying McGovern has or hasn’t worked hard enough or conditioned himself well enough, I wouldn’t know. Neither would most here. I am saying he’s a person, highly remunerated or not.
Furthermore, it’s hardly his fault that the club decided to spend that sort of money on him. How could anyone blame him for accepting it?
Eventually injury (or not), remuneration (or not), one has to be accountable for their own performance and output to a team they are part of.

If McGovern can look in the mirror and genuinely say he’s done everything possible these past two years well good on him.

But if so, eventually, time will catch up with him based on what he had delivered thus far.

He either delivers or he doesn’t.

And he controls the outcome.

I think I spied Adam Saad with the number 16 on his back

Yeah, noticed that too. Not sure who #38 was either, maybe Marsh?
Fogarty was only front on so no glimpse there.

Eventually injury (or not), remuneration (or not), one has to be accountable for their own performance and output to a team they are part of.

If McGovern can look in the mirror and genuinely say he’s done everything possible these past two years well good on him.

But if so, eventually, time will catch up with him based on what he had delivered thus far.

He either delivers or he doesn’t.

And he controls the outcome.
Absolutely, none of which, however has anything to do with how people should be treating others. Whether it’s behind a keyboard on an Internet forum or otherwise.

So you've been on Bigfooty 5 minutes and you are already upset?
You are in for a Loooonnnngggg Year ;)

FOGARTY ACTUALLY

A fair beard from Fogarty then. Awfully like Adam Saad.
4F408CC1-A9AA-4CCB-9445-5ECD698E21C2.png

Club says players have returned in good shape so hard to argue I guess, but we still look far too skinny imo. Would like to have seen some add more bulk during their break.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2021 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back