• Sydney Swans

Votes: 17 1.5%
  • West Coast Eagles

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 2 0.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

My post on the first page on the money so far. Essendon doesn't get their first win till round 9, and that game is touch and go as well. Going to be a long year Bombers.

I reckon they show enough to have some success. Stringer in that team last night makes a difference (as does Wingard Gunston sicily too I suppose)

North yet to play but this thread is looking like a real contest

Fremantle are on the cusp of contending for the spoon.

They went in to the season with a lacklustre forward line, then lost Lobb for 12 weeks, Walters for 4 and Treacy for 4 weeks.

Given how they looked yesterday, and injuries to Pearce and Hamling, they could be inline for pick 1 this year.

Freo supporters should start looking at the 2021 draft pool and think who they'd like to pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I had us winning possibly 4 games tops before last night so I’d be surprised now if we win more than 2.
We knew it was going to be a long year though
Nah they will win more than 2, not many bottom teams are that bad. Essendon, Hawthorn and Adelaide aren’t great but they are not 2 win teams.

North for sure IMO.

Hawthorn the only other contender.

Adelaide will win enough games to avoid it. As will Essendon.
I'd say your mob isn't much better than ours. You got within 4 goals of Richmond big deal. Haven't proven your a better side than us yet. We have a few to come back in which will improve us alot. We're not a top 8 team but we're certainly not bottom 2. Pretty stupid statement.

I'd say your mob isn't much better than ours. You got within 4 goals of Richmond big deal. Haven't proven your a better side than us yet. We have a few to come back in which will improve us alot. We're not a top 8 team but we're certainly not bottom 2. Pretty stupid statement.

Classic BigFooty response. I have nothing of note to add to the discussion so I'll call your post stupid and bring your club into the discussion just for the sake of it.

Sorry but I don't buy that it is a stupid statement purely because it differs from your over-inflated view of your own side.

Enjoy the win last night - was a great one - but I still think they will be few and far between for the Hawks in 2021.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I think we can write Adelaide off this list. Remarkably they played well enough to exit the discussion.

North and Fremantle for mine. However I will need to see more of North. they did come up against a brutal outfit. I think most teams will be competitive this year.

Last edited:
It's hard to tell because we'd need to know how Hawthorn and Essendon go against others. Both likely bottom 4 sides though so certainly in the spoon conversation.
North seem a rung below so they're my spoon favourites, but Essendon, North and Hawthorn are early front-runners. We'll see what the win does for Hawthorn's confidence.

Adelaide and Sydney look good enough to avoid it. Sydney in particular may even make finals.
Might see a team like Collingwood, Fremantle or GWS come into bottom 4 calculations if the wheels really fall off.

Remove this Banner Ad

2021 Wooden Spoon

Back