• West Coast Eagles

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 2 0.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It is North and it won’t be close.

Last night might have put Essendon 2nd last

Yes I agree it will be North, which makes Ben Buckley's comment when they hired Noble as coach that they expect a flag within 3 years even more idiotic. Hard to see them not still being bottom 4 material in 3 years time.

What bathwater has he been drinking

Yes I agree it will be North, which makes Ben Buckley's comment when they hired Noble as coach that they expect a flag within 3 years even more idiotic. Hard to see them not still being bottom 4 material in 3 years time.

Bizarre that they didnt take a KPF last year given pick 1 this year will be an outstanding mid.

Its one thing to hype for the members, another thing to start believing it.

They should have a good enough midfield to be out of the bottom 4 in 3 years time

Classic BigFooty response. I have nothing of note to add to the discussion so I'll call your post stupid and bring your club into the discussion just for the sake of it.

Sorry but I don't buy that it is a stupid statement purely because it differs from your over-inflated view of your own side.

Enjoy the win last night - was a great one - but I still think they will be few and far between for the Hawks in 2021.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Nice deflection. Your opinion looks shaky now and you know it. As for adding to the discussion should I just put North and Essendon as bottom 2? That worthy enough for you?. It's round 1 who really knows at this stage.

Round 1 throws up all sorts of odd results (my mob's win as an eg), however the North result was on par with expectation. The reported crowd of just 13K underscored the result, their favouritism for the spoon and arguments to continue about a move to Tas throughout the season.

Nice deflection.

Deflection? From what?

I put down my thoughts, you countered them on the back of a round 1 victory against a likely bottom 4 side.

There's a long way to go yet.

Your opinion looks shaky now and you know it.

Now as opposed to after the result last night...when I posted it?

As for adding to the discussion should I just put North and Essendon as bottom 2?

If that's what you feel the bottom 2 will be, then sure. Why would I or anyone else stop you from doing that?

It's round 1 who really knows at this stage.

You know you're posting in a prediction thread, right?

Won’t be a bad year to ‘win’ the spoon. Imagine Zac Merrett leaves (via Free Agency) and we receive 1 and compensation pick 2?

Hello to Jason Horne and Arlo Draper (no relation to Sam)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brah Sinn>>Draper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bizarre that they didnt take a KPF last year given pick 1 this year will be an outstanding mid.

Its one thing to hype for the members, another thing to start believing it.

It’s not really bizarre at all, all the best premiership sides still contain star studded midfields.

We’ve had plenty of good key position players over the last 20 years. Means **** all if you can’t win the middle.

I do worry about our forward line being able to kick enough goals to stay competitive throughout the whole year.
I hope we can get Cunnington back soon, will really help our young midfield out.

I think we can write Adelaide off this list. Remarkably they played well enough to exit the discussion.

North and Fremantle for mine. However I will need to see more of North. they did come up against a brutal outfit. I think most teams will be competitive this year.
Brutal outfit Port won the game yes but lost the 1st and last quarter to a side that more then likely will finish last but knowing North we will beat one side in the 8 or challenging for the 8 in the 2nd half of the season and avoid the spoon unlike a Dark blue club with a white CFC on its jumper or a Red V and Dark blue jumper club as we won’t lay down as blatantly cheat to get priority picks or the 1st pick .
As for your club you will be there at the end of the season someone has to slaughtered by Richmond come Grand Final day.

Surely you aren’t comparing Merrett to Crouch.
Merrett is band 1 every day of the week.
Probably is band 1, although Crouch probably was band 1 at the start of last year. If you win the spoon though, it may knock some of the value off

Essendon won't finish bottom, 15th or 16th is more likely.

Freo are also looking at a very long season, doubt they win a game for the first month or so.

North has 2 hands firmly on the spoon. Some fans are actually relieved it was 'only' a 50 point loss yesterday, it's that sort of season.

Surely you aren’t comparing Merrett to Crouch.
Merrett is band 1 every day of the week.

I think they are broadly similar. Merrett has been more durable over his career but their output has been pretty much the same.

Merrett does play for a big Melbourne club though so that is in his favour in terms of profile.

I don’t think either are in the top tier with the likes of Martin, Fyfe, Pendles, Dangerfield, Neale though.

Remove this Banner Ad

2021 Wooden Spoon

Back