Universal Love 2022-24 Random Chat - BBQ, Other Food, Cats, Whatever

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey all, sorry for intrusion but just a little question i want to ask. Im asking the dees board as my question revolves around one of your players. For anyone who likes to have a little flutter on multis for AFL player disposals i would like to ask you people a question. What would you consider to be credited as a disposal.( only talking about handball here) If a certain melbourne player handballed the ball and the umpire did not call a throw would everyone here expect that player to receive a disposal on the stats sheet and contribute to their disposal for a multi? I always presume whatever the umpire calls thats what will be contributed to the players stats. If he calls a throw then obviously zero disposal.If he doesnt call a throw then credited with a handball. I will leave it for couple of days to get feedback and then come back to you. Very interesting finding i was sent today if you like betting on disposals in AFL games especially a certain player.
Bet your life savings I say

No, that's not the point. I know many people who had a bet on Oliver for 20 disposals but it is the principle. I had a bet thinking whatever umpire calls on ground to be the decision, not an outside source being able to have an influence as well.
Never noticed it myself. But yeah that sounds dodgy. Would understand it MAYBE with some stat corrections a day or so after the game, but determining what was and wasn't a handball or throw in real time when bets are settled 5 mins after a game seems ridiculous.

Hey all, sorry for intrusion but just a little question i want to ask. Im asking the dees board as my question revolves around one of your players. For anyone who likes to have a little flutter on multis for AFL player disposals i would like to ask you people a question. What would you consider to be credited as a disposal.( only talking about handball here) If a certain melbourne player handballed the ball and the umpire did not call a throw would everyone here expect that player to receive a disposal on the stats sheet and contribute to their disposal for a multi? I always presume whatever the umpire calls thats what will be contributed to the players stats. If he calls a throw then obviously zero disposal.If he doesnt call a throw then credited with a handball. I will leave it for couple of days to get feedback and then come back to you. Very interesting finding i was sent today if you like betting on disposals in AFL games especially a certain player.
Serious answer is no I don't think so because the ball can be dropped now without a penalty. If Oliver made an attempt but it's a clear throw I'd think champion data would fix that

Never noticed it myself. But yeah that sounds dodgy. Would understand it MAYBE with some stat corrections a day or so after the game, but determining what was and wasn't a handball or throw in real time when bets are settled 5 mins after a game seems ridiculous.
Seems pretty in character for champion data to say something like "well TECHNICALLY he didn't actually handball it."
:nerdv1:

That just opens up a can of worms, so do they give a handball in real time when the umpire gets it wrong and pays a throw when it was actually a handball? I doubt it. Ridiculous. Smells like a different way for punters to do their money and heavily in favour of the bookies. Wouldnt surprise me in the slightest if CD were on their payroll if all this is true.

That just opens up a can of worms, so do they give a handball in real time when the umpire gets it wrong and pays a throw when it was actually a handball? I doubt it. Ridiculous. Smells like a different way for punters to do their money and heavily in favour of the bookies. Wouldnt surprise me in the slightest if CD were on their payroll if all this is true.
I thought CD always corrected stuff on the fly, isnt this what happened to tracca in the grandfinal? He “broke” the record for disposals in a granny but after the game he lost a handball and only equalled it.

I thought CD always corrected stuff on the fly, isnt this what happened to tracca in the grandfinal? He “broke” the record for disposals in a granny but after the game he lost a handball and only equalled it.
Yeah it was removed shortly after the game or something. They probably dedicate more people to the GF than a random game in June though.

Yeah it was removed shortly after the game or something. They probably dedicate more people to the GF than a random game in June though.
Or they have they allocate their best staff to it. Pretty sure my mate was collecting stats for the pointless games.

He said the discrepencies were pretty surprising between the published stats and the real stats.

This was years ago now tho.

I know they make mistakes sometimes with who got a disposal and correct it in real time, just dont think they should be determining if something was a throw when the umpire called play on as if it was handball.

I know they make mistakes sometimes with who got a disposal and correct it in real time, just dont think they should be determining if something was a throw when the umpire called play on as if it was handball.

Yeah I actually think it’s pretty ****ed that CD can just say ‘nah that’s wrong even though umpire was fine’. Always gives them an outlet to change the stats which would benefit bookies significantly.

a throw that isn't called by the umpire, essentially is a handball. the game is played out the same way as if it was legal, so it should still count imo.
it seems strange CD can just say 'nah that's not a possession' even though the umpire thought so. it reeks of the bookies having a little interest in how things are run over there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did CD call that goal a point last year in the crows swans game?
Hold on, we might have found a loophole that allows expected scores to be validated.

Melbourne 2023 moral premiership confirmed.

00Stinger I seek your American BBQ experience as you've been to most of them in Melbourne. What are the best sides to have with assorted BBQ? I am doing a brisket, lamb shoulder and pork ribs in a couple of weeks and want to do a few traditional sides. Already have mac and cheese and coleslaw on the list and thinking about potato salad. What else would you recommend?

Also, any other meats you'd recommend?

00Stinger I seek your American BBQ experience as you've been to most of them in Melbourne. What are the best sides to have with assorted BBQ? I am doing a brisket, lamb shoulder and pork ribs in a couple of weeks and want to do a few traditional sides. Already have mac and cheese and coleslaw on the list and thinking about potato salad. What else would you recommend?

Also, any other meats you'd recommend?

Corn bread?

Pickles and pickled onions are good too

Peacan pie for desert just swap corn syrup with golden syrup

Buffalo wings are a great entrees (can give a great recipe too)

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

I know its says wings but I predominantly use drumlets

toss them in a bag/bowl with 1 tablespoon of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of salt & 1 teaspoon garlic powder (do this with 10-12 at a time)

Bake wings in oven at 120 degrees for 30 minutes

Then turn over and bake for further 30-40 minutes at 220 degrees

For the sauce just mix melted butter with Franks hot sauce (this is the legit original buffalo sauce recipe minus the sugar). Toss wings/drumlets in sauce

schmuttt was taking a look at some old threads on the board and came across davey_magik and realised 2024 is your 20th year on BF.

You were here well before BF's great leap forward of 2007.

No point to this really, well other than the fact you've lived through 19 years of disappointment for one year of glory on BF.

Last edited:
schmuttt was taking a look at some old threads on the board and came across davey_magik and realised 2024 is you 20th year on BF.

You were here well before BF's great leap forward of 2007.

No point to this really, well other than the fact you've live through 19 years of disappointment for one year of glory on BF.

Bloody hell that’s a long time, I made that account in year 9 I think?

I was born the same year the King died.

Which king you say?
George VI? I don't know my monarchs overly well.

If you are indeed, younger than 71/72, I apologise for my ignorance 🤗

Remove this Banner Ad

Back