Position 2022 Fantasy Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

If I liked Answorth I’d probably keep Sicily and pass on mcinerny using the cash elsewhere.
I think his argument was Sicily could have to lock down and give away frees from abuse gave away 4 against Collingwood

I think his argument was Sicily could have to lock down and give away frees from abuse gave away 4 against Collingwood
Fair enough if it’s because of Sicily concerns. Answorth going 60 is 22 over break even. That’s equivalent to 82 for Sicily so I’d still be more comfortable with sic as more likely to beat that line.

How about this one-
Mcinerny down to Answorth (using above logic Answorth 60 would be a Mcinerny 91)
J Kelly up to touk + 104k (or neale up with only 26k left)

Fair enough if it’s because of Sicily concerns. Answorth going 60 is 22 over break even. That’s equivalent to 82 for Sicily so I’d still be more comfortable with sic as more likely to beat that line.

How about this one-
Mcinerny down to Answorth (using above logic Answorth 60 would be a Mcinerny 91)
J Kelly up to touk + 104k (or neale up with only 26k left)
Even more to think about just looking around probably thinking too much but very good points mate

I did it a few days ago :)

Whit - Short - Ryan - Hewett - Answerth - McCartin
that's what mine will look like

guy said

65-70 Answerth 90-100 Ryan
70-80 McInerney/Sicily

Boyd from Carlton
One of the few options.

I’d want to look at who might coming back into the team soon but being a Thursday game we may need to grab whoever as Sunday is a long way off.
is he likely though?

iheard wanganeen-milera is. But that’s the classic example here of 270k being a lot to play for not an On field rookie who isn’t even guaranteed to make a lot of cash at that price
From memory, he scored about a point per minute and looked okay but very underdeveloped and job security must be suspect.

“Yeah some teams are running Sinn and Gibcus it's too much on the bench”

And job security is very suspect for both.

that's what mine will look like

guy said

65-70 Answerth 90-100 Ryan
70-80 McInerney/Sicily
Feel like 70-80 is unders for both of them considering he has Ryan going 90-100. I can’t see how Ryan goes 100 after a pretty great year last year where he went 87 I think it was

Feel like 70-80 is unders for both of them considering he has Ryan going 90-100. I can’t see how Ryan goes 100 after a pretty great year last year where he went 87 I think it was
I think a bit seduced by preseason form God I wish lock out was today

One 🔴 won’t matter if you get the rest right, apart from needing bodies in bye rounds of course.

Last year I had so many cashed up cows I couldn’t get rid of them fast enough and they began to go down in price.

On another matter: I haven’t seen any news on Salem about the place. I’ve been to the Demons board and I reckon there’s been less than 20 posts on there since Thursday.

Thought they’d be excited. Anyway, I did see him smiling in a recent training photo, so I’ll assume he’s good to go.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like Hamling will likely play Round 1 now, IMO, given the Taberner hammy injury. Lobb also rumoured not to be playing Round 1, so Cox likely to go forward freeing up that spot for Hamling.

If Jiath returns and Ryder stays away, I'll strongly look at McCartin to Hamling, Grundy or Gawn to Marshall, and Sic to Luke Ryan, Daniel or Dawson if he plays Round 1.

I'm just hoping the rumours are true and Dawson plays Round 1, despite missing pre season matches - would rather him over the other options

Looks like Hamling will likely play Round 1 now, IMO, given the Taberner hammy injury. Lobb also rumoured not to be playing Round 1, so Cox likely to go forward freeing up that spot for Hamling.

If Jiath returns and Ryder stays away, I'll strongly look at McCartin to Hamling, Grundy or Gawn to Marshall, and Sic to Luke Ryan or Dawson if he plays Round 1.
IIRC, Nicks said Dawson is more likely to play and start on a wing and then go into the guts in the coming weeks.
Hamling would be a welcome addition.

McCartin is only a bench player for me, and it looks utterly horrible seeing a $270k bloke sitting there who I don’t think will even score that well, so Hamling will go straight in for me if he plays.

Also if he plays round 1, kozi you’re allowed to quote me after all…

I'm still holding out hope that Sinn plays round 1.
Port got rolling against the Crows after he came on.
He's sitting at D6 for me right now.

D6 - 8 are the major issues for me...

I mean - the rest of my defence is garbage, but D6 - 8 are extra hot steaming piles of garbage....

McCartin is only a bench player for me, and it looks utterly horrible seeing a $270k bloke sitting there who I don’t think will even score that well, so Hamling will go straight in for me if he plays.

Also if he plays round 1, kozi you’re allowed to quote me after all…
Hamling watch round 1. If he plays and scores anything over 20 I expect to hear all about it

I'm deciding between Paton (StK) and Richards (WB) for my D6 at the moment.

Neither really have the scoring history but did well in the pre-season matches and hopefully have a spot in the team.

Paton - $380k (scored 82 and 66) looks to have a good role across half-back and won't have to become a key defender (they already have Dougal Howard, Callum Wilkie and Josh Battle). Saints also have Pies, Freo, Tigers, Hawks and GC in first 5 - which is a good start. Also Hunter Clark is injured

Richards - $368k (scored 52 and 72) looks to have a similar half-back role. They have Melb, Carl, Syd, Tigers and North in first 5.

Both have a BE around 45 so if they can get to 65-70 each week then they're making decent money.

By starting with either of these, I can have ralphsmith and mcdonald on the bench which sures up the benches a bit (providing they both get a game).

Thoughts? The other avenue is to go to McCartin for $271k which I see a few people going. Frees up $100k in cash.

I'm deciding between Paton (StK) and Richards (WB) for my D6 at the moment.

Neither really have the scoring history but did well in the pre-season matches and hopefully have a spot in the team.

Paton - $380k (scored 82 and 66) looks to have a good role across half-back and won't have to become a key defender (they already have Dougal Howard, Callum Wilkie and Josh Battle). Saints also have Pies, Freo, Tigers, Hawks and GC in first 5 - which is a good start. Also Hunter Clark is injured

Richards - $368k (scored 52 and 72) looks to have a similar half-back role. They have Melb, Carl, Syd, Tigers and North in first 5.

Both have a BE around 45 so if they can get to 65-70 each week then they're making decent money.

By starting with either of these, I can have ralphsmith and mcdonald on the bench which sures up the benches a bit (providing they both get a game).

Thoughts? The other avenue is to go to McCartin for $271k which I see a few people going. Frees up $100k in cash.
Careful with Paton. He's stepped into Geary's role of small lockdown defender, so I wouldn't expect him to have much of a fantasy game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Position 2022 Fantasy Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Back