Autopsy 2022 Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing that stings is that, it’s not about the loss, it’s how we lost.

A loss like that is a putrid resemblance of 2022. So many positives of the year now seem to be a lot more crushed rather than a respectable loss.

The grand final stage fright got the better of us, what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.

Let’s hope the players use it as motivation, but from what history tells us, we might be in for a bumpy ride next year.

Keen for next year, a bit of GF experience in the young pups. 🔴⚪

Brisbane with Dunkley, Richmond with Hopper and Taranto seem the favourites to take it up to Cats next year.
We'll be considered amongst the next rung of chances preseason IMHO.

Yeah we don't deserve to be any sort of favourite to win the premiership. Favourites to win second maybe?

Doesn't matter how slow or fast you are in the forward line if the ball never gets in there in the first place. Field position was dominated by Geelong all game and the ball barely left our defensive half of the ground. Whilst I agree with your points about the forward selections they barely had a chance to (1) get the ball; or (2) do anything with it. I wouldn't exactly call Will Hayward slow although he barely had any space to operate in neither did Papley as they were monstered by Geelong pressure.

Full kudos to Geelong players as their pressure intensity was next level good today and for whatever reason the Swans players wasn't.

It's clear a few more pre seasons are required in the gym to match it with other more experienced midfield brigades. Very sad to see Hickey monstered by a team traditionally viewed as being weak in the ruck department. His opponent continually ran underneath the ball drop to block him from leaping and I didn't see any plan B being used by Hickey to get there first and modify his style. The result was Geelong clearance after clearance after clearance.

Bitterly disappointing result getting completely flogged in the grand final and even worse was never appearing to be in the contest. The team has not been so comprehensively outplayed over the past few years and it's devastating to occur on the biggest stage of all.

Hoping that a few prudent trades can improve the team over the off season. McCartin forward was trialled today and another KPD could allow him to be swung forward more often. We need more key position players across each line on the field. Another ruckman would be nice albeit they seem to have nominated other clubs already those that are on the move. Can these inside / outside young mids turn into a contested beast or does that need to be drafted?

Swans usually don't announce news until after their season is over and I look forward to hearing what changes may be made to the list shape moving forwards.

I'm proud of the advances Sydney have made in 2022 and I look forward to seeing what they can bring next year and beyond. Go Swans!
Darcy from Freo would be what we need most going forward - and he might be available though they say not....We should be into him big time.
We have some young mids from last year's draft to develop, a KPF too. Hickey has played beyond expectations duriing his time at the Swans, honestly been great, despite getting done today. But we need a ruck for the next few years, who can shift some bodies and do some damage. Our tiny ground suits his size too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darcy from Freo would be what we need most going forward - and he might be available though they say not....We should be into him big time.
We have some young mids from last year's draft to develop, a KPF too. Hickey has played beyond expectations duriing his time at the Swans, honestly been great, despite getting done today. But we need a ruck for the next few years, who can shift some bodies and do some damage. Our tiny ground suits his size too.
Last week it was a myth. Now it suits our narrative I guess.

LOL

7711796e-77cf-4359-903c-5e333a8708f1-jpeg.1517164

I can't bring myself to blame a player for putting their hand up. The coaching staff and fitness test should make the decision.
About as selfish as you can get putting your hand up and not feeling 100%, a complete liability and an insult to the blokes missing out. I'm sure that Reid told Horse that he was 100% otherwise probably wouldn't have played him

I'm sorry to keep saying this but I think Hickey
(and I love him) pretty much lost the game (this is just me emotionally talking here without examining the game). He can't jump anymore. We got no clean hitouts in the middle and that disabled our movement out of the middle. We could have recovered from all those goals but we just couldn't get hold of it.

About as selfish as you can get putting your hand up and not feeling 100%, a complete liability and an insult to the blokes missing out. I'm sure that Reid told Horse that he was 100% otherwise probably wouldn't have played him
Yeah I hated Reid prior to the hot streak of good games, but now I'm back to where I was before. Delist him. I'll never forgive him for this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2022 Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back