Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

Remove this Banner Ad

You’ll be glad to hear my son‘s Collingwood membership gift box arrived yesterday - membership years patch, beanie, scarf and bits and pieces (don’t know why I’m being dismissive, as the bits and pieces - a sticker and note from the club - represent the complete NMFC member experience). He is excited about wearing his new beanie to watch his team in the prelim. The kid (now 16) has always been open to supporting North too, but it is hard to compete…

Anyway, it reminded me to write to the club to ask what a 2022 AFL and AFLW member gets, if anything, given caps and scarves never became available.

You’ll be glad to hear my son‘s Collingwood membership gift box arrived yesterday - membership years patch, beanie, scarf and bits and pieces (don’t know why I’m being dismissive, as the bits and pieces - a sticker and note from the club - represent the complete NMFC member experience). He is excited about wearing his new beanie to watch his team in the prelim. The kid (now 16) has always been open to supporting North too, but it is hard to compete…

Anyway, it reminded me to write to the club to ask what a 2022 AFL and AFLW member gets, if anything, given caps and scarves never became available.
Did you guys get tickets to the live site Collingwood are hosting at the MCG? My dad did so I’m going!

Did you guys get tickets to the live site Collingwood are hosting at the MCG? My dad did so I’m going!
No, my lovely wife says the presence of a Collingwood crowd is her least favourite thing about being at Collingwood games so would rather have a live site at home. Decorations are up, food and drinks will be available with no queues and at much more reasonable prices, and Covid risk has been eliminated.

No, my lovely wife says the presence of a Collingwood crowd is her least favourite thing about being at Collingwood games so would rather have a live site at home. Decorations are up, food and drinks will be available with no queues and at much more reasonable prices, and Covid risk has been eliminated.

I think your wife needs to convert to NMFC. She sounds way to sensible to be a Collingwood supporter. All clubs have unbearable supporters, we just don’t have as many. Much more amicable.

You should send a picture of all the paraphernalia to our membership department and tell them this is what we’re competing with.

16 ? Should be out on his own looking for a job and searching for a cheap rental property. Break it to him gently when he gets off the train / tram / bus from school. No use crying at home. Just make sure bags are packed when he does get there. He'll be better for it 👍

I agree with this. I saw what Collingwood sent my kids too this year. I called north to ask if they were planning to send anything to north members. I was just curious. Don’t really care one way or another personally but thought I would give them feedback that it’s not a great look.

I’m not sure what’s happened there but we’ve historically been more generous than this.

FWIW Melbourne Victory who, like North, ditched plastic membership cards and changed to fully digital memberships, have now listened to the same complaints heard from North members on this subject and they’re now giving their members the choice of working plastic cards with years as a member OR digital.

So it can definitely be done.

Cant believe you allowed your children to support anyone but North :eek:
I know!!! But to be fair we’ve been pretty average for 2 decades. And my kids, husband ALL support north too. They come to games and genuinely love them. I on the other hand do not and cannot share the same sentiment towards Collingwood. (Yeah I know I’m mean….but it’s so hard!! I just can’t do it!! Haha).

16 ? Should be out on his own looking for a job and searching for a cheap rental property. Break it to him gently when he gets off the train / tram / bus from school. No use crying at home. Just make sure bags are packed when he does get there. He'll be better for it 👍

Those exist? :think:

Cant believe you allowed your children to support anyone but North :eek:
I had a customer come in with his 2 children, he was a north supporter and he told me he allowed his children to PICK THEIR OWN TEAMS💀

I cannot believe he voluntarily allowed his daughter to choose * and then has the nerve to say “she likes disappointment” when his daughter asked “why did you choose to go for north?”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had a customer come in with his 2 children, he was a north supporter and he told me he allowed his children to PICK THEIR OWN TEAMS💀
Who the hell allows their kids to pick their own teams? Disgoosting!

My kids automatically picked north, though I told them last year they were allowed to jump on the demons bandwagon as their mum is a long suffering dees supporter and after a couple years of hell for north I figured they deserve to enjoy footy a little bit.

I hope this is considered ok?
If not, I do apologize and I’ll never let it happen again.

Who the hell allows their kids to pick their own teams? Disgoosting!

My kids automatically picked north, though I told them last year they were allowed to jump on the demons bandwagon as their mum is a long suffering dees supporter and after a couple years of hell for north I figured they deserve to enjoy footy a little bit.

I hope this is considered ok?
If not, I do apologize and I’ll never let it happen again.
baby Ligma never got to choose her team, neither did my brother. I was born into it.

Mum goes for north = daughter goes for north
Dad goes for pies = son goes for pies.

Idk i guess it’s a family ‘tradition’.

baby Ligma never got to choose her team, neither did my brother. I was born into it.

Nothing wrong with that!

My parents are both tigers supporters, but us kids scored my pops north gear when he died, so north it was!

Two mothers, two sons so this wouldn’t work for us. They both got membership to both when they were born, went to both games, until they were big enough to make their own decisions. One follows Pies with a soft sot for North. The other one doesn’t like football at all. Nice to have a kid to go to concerts and theatre with but it’s not the same…

My two (5 and 8) hate the footy but I drag them along every week. I just tell them they'll learn to love it. They're experiencing the lowest of lows currently though so am hopeful that when we start winning they'll find the passion. Whilst they're under my roof they'll be NMFC members though.

They think they're hilarious running around the house saying they love Richmond more than North. They wont be laughing so hard when they're on the street.

Junior Bells 9 and 6 have had some tough times recently going to games and watching the losses pile up but have stuck by the club and now are full North psychos and love the club and footy in general.

They had no choice and neither did i, plus i am an arseh*le and if they chose another club i wouldn't buy them any gear or take them to any games and i don't give a shit how bad that sounds.

Wife and i are North Melbourne through and through on both sides of our families apart from 1 tiger and 3 blues.

Bloody happy its a one team household.

Two mothers, two sons so this wouldn’t work for us. They both got membership to both when they were born, went to both games, until they were big enough to make their own decisions. One follows Pies with a soft sot for North. The other one doesn’t like football at all. Nice to have a kid to go to concerts and theatre with but it’s not the same…

The other one sounds like a dyed in the wool North supporter after the last few seasons.

The other one sounds like a dyed in the wool North supporter after the last few seasons.
Ha, not even. We have photos where he was sitting at the ground using his footy scarf to keep the sun off his screen. We described his Auskick experience as a $55 backpack, and my partner spent most of that year coaching other people‘s children while her own stayed home. Hated playing, hated going, and now he is 20 his only interest is in goading us (mostly me) by pretending occasional interest - “so North Melbourne are going pretty well this year, yeah?”

Ha, not even. We have photos where he was sitting at the ground using his footy scarf to keep the sun off his screen. We described his Auskick experience as a $55 backpack, and my partner spent most of that year coaching other people‘s children while her own stayed home. Hated playing, hated going, and now he is 20 his only interest is in goading us (mostly me) by pretending occasional interest - “so North Melbourne are going pretty well this year, yeah?”
Start spending his inheritance.

I cannot believe he voluntarily allowed his daughter to choose * and then has the nerve to say “she likes disappointment” when his daughter asked “why did you choose to go for north?”
the weak are culled from the pack

As a New South Welshman, I am genuinely torn on how hard I should press the case for my 5 year old to become a North fan.

Suffering through periods of heavy defeats is fine, that’s character building, but forcing a kid to support a team that he’ll only get the opportunity to watch play 2 or 3 games live each year seems a wee bit harsh.

I’m hoping I can get him on board through the sheer force of my enthusiasm for all things North.

Any fellow interstate members with kids have some insight to share on this?

LOL at "cheap rental property".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back