NRL 2022 NRL SuperCoach thread

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1370677
View attachment 1370678

I wish Max King got DPP, so I'd shift Arrow to FRFs and R Penisini. But if Murray has a game pike he did the other week then I'd quickly chuck the C on Haas

Paps vs Hynes for the armband is the main question this week

I think I'll back in Schneider for now, he has the kicking duties, so like Lomax his scoring floor won't be too bad

Why didn't Talakai get CTW DPP? Surely he's played enough at number 4 to qualify?
Nice side. I am surprised Talakai didnt get DPP too. He has played predominantly in the centres since round 3 so you would think that would make him qualify for CTW but i guess he spent too much time in the 2nd row early on? Im grasping at straws a bit to be honest.

Screen Shot 2022-04-12 at 7.37.25 pm.png

Nice side. I am surprised Talakai didnt get DPP too. He has played predominantly in the centres since round 3 so you would think that would make him qualify for CTW but i guess he spent too much time in the 2nd row early on? Im grasping at straws a bit to be honest.
Probably just at Hooker, 5/8 and maybe 1 more FRF for you, though moving Arrow there would do for the medium term and you're in pretty good shape until the cows are really well done. Similar layout to my team I guess, I need a 5/8 and to shift Arrow back to the FRFs, so that would mean shifting Mann and Fermor to CTWs and I'd get 1 more 2RF and a Munster type at 5/8 or whenever Walker comes back into form

For me I guess Max King and Penisini are the 2 who are nearly done unless Penisini capitalises out wide left, I rate Tuilagi as a player but he's not the best Supercoacher, I guess I'll just let him burn away slowly and wait for 1 big score from him to cash in off 2 weeks afterwards

Teddy a concern, but other than DPPing Hynes there and grabbing Taafe, not many who I'd want at HB until Cleary is cherry ripe. Surely Teddy comes good eventually

Why didn't Talakai get CTW DPP? Surely he's played enough at number 4 to qualify?
Reasoning was that he was playing out of position because Treacey was injured. They had made their mind up before last weeks games apparently.
Seems dumb to me.
We will see what Fantasy does next week with him.

View attachment 1370677
View attachment 1370678

I wish Max King got DPP, so I'd shift Arrow to FRFs and R Penisini. But if Murray has a game like he did the other week then I'd quickly chuck the C on Haas

Paps vs Hynes for the armband is the main question this week

I think I'll back in Schneider for now, he has the kicking duties, so like Lomax his scoring floor won't be too bad

Another option may be Schneider to Taffe next week.

Looking at my team and I currently have 7 players in the round 13 bye.
May need to prioritise those who will be playing that round.

Cleary with a lazy 150 this week
almost a must trade in now.
its about as cheap as you're going to get him

Cleary with a lazy 150 this week
almost a must trade in now.
its about as cheap as you're going to get him

I'm going to have to make a decision between him and getting Hynes next week I think.

Although Cleary may not even be playing if he gets rubbed out for that tackle on Walters.

All out for 1154, hopefully back in positive rankings territory but who knows

Gagai with some solid scaling too
Nice score. Im going to struggle to hit 1000. 942 with just Penisini to come

Fantasy - All out for 831. Seems fairly competitive this round.

RDT - 749 with just Papali'i to come

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moved up from 4788 to 4210 with that 1154

Had 2 below average weeks previously which hurt my peak of 1170 after round 3, missed out in round 4 when Paps went 190, had Teddy's 88 captain instead 😐 then had a few stinkers last week like Teddy, Paps, Coates, Gagai and Clifford scoring under 150 combined (traded Coates and Clifford this week, Teddy is gone for Cleary this week)

Reckon I'll bring in Naden as a downgrade to be able to afford Teddy to Cleary and swing Hynes to full back.

I don't have much faith in the current crop of cheapie rookie CTWs, seeing Schiller is a reserve grade bust and Koula's job security is likely poor too, would like Taafe but his DPP reeks and would compromise my squad build as I'd have to cut Schneider to get him which I don't want to do as he's scoring solidly at the moment and I've had the R on him most weeks. He will get to 500k the way he's going.

Naden stunk it up against Penrith and the Storm, but understandable on that front. His draw the next 6 weeks is ok, scored a 50 on the weekend against the Bunnies and has a gettable BE of 25.

Other option is Saab who hasn't fired a shot all season yet, but he did this last year too with a poor start before going on a huge midseason tear

Reckon I'll bring in Naden as a downgrade to be able to afford Teddy to Cleary and swing Hynes to full back.

I don't have much faith in the current crop of cheapie rookie CTWs, seeing Schiller is a reserve grade bust and Koula's job security is likely poor too, would like Taafe but his DPP reeks and would compromise my squad build as I'd have to cut Schneider to get him which I don't want to do as he's scoring solidly at the moment and I've had the R on him most weeks. He will get to 500k the way he's going.

Naden stunk it up against Penrith and the Storm, but understandable on that front. His draw the next 6 weeks is ok, scored a 50 on the weekend against the Bunnies and has a gettable BE of 25.

Other option is Saab who hasn't fired a shot all season yet, but he did this last year too with a poor start before going on a huge midseason tear
Have you thought about Tass as a target? If he moves into the starting 13 this round, he looks like a great buy! That said, Naden has good job security so is definitely a solid pick. Saab is ridiculously cheap but what is also ridiculous is his floor given he doesnt get many runs. Even Staines is doing some grunt work for Penrith this season but Saab just doesn't do it. Not all his fault, he is a lightweight. He is at the price point where he could be an option given he does have try scoring potential but without Turbo to help set him up, i think id rather get Tass.

Im bringing Munster in for Nikora this round and may look at a Teddy > Cleary trade next week. Fingers crossed Cleary doesnt go much over 100 this round or it'll be tough to get him in. If i cant get him in with 2 trades next week i think ill pass and be resigned to grabbing him after Origin.

Have you thought about Tass as a target? If he moves into the starting 13 this round, he looks like a great buy! That said, Naden has good job security so is definitely a solid pick. Saab is ridiculously cheap but what is also ridiculous is his floor given he doesnt get many runs. Even Staines is doing some grunt work for Penrith this season but Saab just doesn't do it. Not all his fault, he is a lightweight. He is at the price point where he could be an option given he does have try scoring potential but without Turbo to help set him up, i think id rather get Tass.

Im bringing Munster in for Nikora this round and may look at a Teddy > Cleary trade next week. Fingers crossed Cleary doesnt go much over 100 this round or it'll be tough to get him in. If i cant get him in with 2 trades next week i think ill pass and be resigned to grabbing him after Origin.
I know nothing about Tass, I think he's only played 1 game also. Atm I'd prefer players with job security seeing only Taaffe is the only legitimate downgrade going around and I can't get him in otherwise it'd mean dumping Schneider and losing a heap of future $$$, if Taaffe was looking like being another Walker then I'd bring him in, but I don't think there's much benefit there. Alec McDonald I can afford still, but 30s off the bench ain't great for cash generation, so imo Naden and Saab are the only 2 options for me.

Some people on Twitter are talking Suaalii but as talented as he is, he's just another I don't have great confidence in yet

But yeah, I'm over the underperformers

I'd keep Teddy if the game he had on the weekend was his scoring floor, but he's had a 32 and a 28 and 0 100s, simply not worth a 750k+ starter, scoring like a 450-500k FB atm. I was correct in dumping Crichton before his 1st price fall, the Chooks just ain't that SC relevant it seems, that being said the Sharks are looking like a SC relevant side, the Bunnies are starting to get their shit together too.

I know nothing about Tass, I think he's only played 1 game also. Atm I'd prefer players with job security seeing only Taaffe is the only legitimate downgrade going around and I can't get him in otherwise it'd mean dumping Schneider and losing a heap of future $$$, if Taaffe was looking like being another Walker then I'd bring him in, but I don't think there's much benefit there. Alec McDonald I can afford still, but 30s off the bench ain't great for cash generation, so imo Naden and Saab are the only 2 options for me.

Some people on Twitter are talking Suaalii but as talented as he is, he's just another I don't have great confidence in yet

But yeah, I'm over the underperformers

I'd keep Teddy if the game he had on the weekend was his scoring floor, but he's had a 32 and a 28 and 0 100s, simply not worth a 750k+ starter, scoring like a 450-500k FB atm. I was correct in dumping Crichton before his 1st price fall, the Chooks just ain't that SC relevant it seems, that being said the Sharks are looking like a SC relevant side, the Bunnies are starting to get their shit together too.
Tass is highly rated similar to Suaalii but he needs to bust into the team first and that may require injury or suspension. When he gets his chance in the starting 13 he may keep it but as of right now, he isnt even in the 17 this week. As such, ive rethought my trades and am dumping Fermor and Nikora for B.Jones and Munster.

Suaalii is worth another look this week. If he shows the talent that everyone says he has then he can be brought in next round. Even though i expect he will keep his spot, i wouldnt go early.

As for what to do with Teddy, he is trying hard but just isnt getting on the end of those nice plays out the back like he usually does. Roosters still have room to improve but i think if you can get rid of Tedesco for Cleary, its basically a no brainer.

Koula late in on the bench...

Talakai dominating early, pathetic he has no DPP, gunna keep saying this every week til he gets it
Round 12

Remove this Banner Ad

NRL 2022 NRL SuperCoach thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back