Preview 2022 Rd 17 Carlton vs West Coast Sunday July 10 @ 4:40PM - Team Post #655

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Owies back 100%, no doubts about it. Durdin has been quiet for a while and honey has done sfa. Id keep honey (as much to keep Martin out ) and give durdin a spell and see how he responds
Although neither had a great game tonight, Durdin had 10 touches tonight, 7 score involvements. Honey had 10 and 6.

In Owies' last game, he had 6 and 3. I wouldn't have him as an automatic in.

Owies back 100%, no doubts about it. Durdin has been quiet for a while and honey has done sfa. Id keep honey (as much to keep Martin out ) and give durdin a spell and see how he responds

Amazing cerra plays such a s**t game but those who would demand dow be dropped for a similar performance won't want cerra dropped.....

Still waiting for him to hit a target by foot.....at least 50% of the time.....

Think we need stocker in as a replacement for boyd and Newnes back to wing or vfl.

Weitering back for plowman.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Comparing 1 poor game out of a dozen AFL games to VFL form and 1 poor sighting at AFL level? haha

It’s not exactly like for like but I’d go Weitering for Newnes as I think we’ll need Plowman to play on one of Ryan, Cripps or Rioli, and Kemp (who has been good the last 2 weeks) to play on Waterman. I’d also send Honey back to the 2s to work on his defensive pressure and bring Owies back to replace him.

Whilst every loss is disappointing, the teams we have lost to are there or thereabouts, unlike a few other around us who have dropped games to bottom sides, therefore given ladder positions we simply must win this game. After the Saints loss I expect a strong response and we get the win with Cerra to redeem himself with a big game on a ground he is very familiar with.

OUT: Motlop (rest), Durdin (rest), Kennedy (rest), Newnes
IN: Weitering, Owies, Dow, Setterfield

FB:
Plowman Weitering Newman
HB: Docherty Young Saad
C: Walsh Cerra O'Brien
HF: Honey C.Curnow Fisher
FF: JSOS McKay Owies

R: TDK Cripps Hewett

Int: Dow, Setterfield, Cottrell, Kemp

Kemp FP/HF/stoppages

Dow at a lot of centre bounces

Setterfield on ball, Walsh further out

Too many players playing way below 75% minutes.

homer simpson laughing GIF

Compared to pick 3? Please
Yeah I can't argue against that.....no doubt. I don't think dow will make it with us but if he played like cerra did tonight (and a few games this year) people would be demanding he gets delisted.

Pick 6 is looking a lot for what we've got so far.....early days, no doubt he can get the ball but his ball use by foot has been well below what id expect for a trade of that order.

I hope I'm wrong and probably will be but he has been underwhelming so far, Martin-esque

Yeah I can't argue against that.....no doubt. I don't think dow will make it with us but if he played like cerra did tonight (and a few games this year) people would be demanding he gets delisted.

Pick 6 is looking a lot for what we've got so far.....early days, no doubt he can get the ball but his ball use by foot has been well below what id expect for a trade of that order.

I hope I'm wrong and probably will be but he has been underwhelming so far, Martin-esque

We were collectively poor, we could name half the team. Our kicking ball movement was poor, at goal even worse

Cerra is no where near Martin levels of inconsistency

Might as well drop LOB since his kicking into the corridor cost us 2 goals.
Maybe......I've said players like LOB and Cottrell are two bad games away from being dropped

Cerra was putrid, not saying he will be dropped but it definetly shouldn't be impossible

Maybe......I've said players like LOB and Cottrell are two bad games away from being dropped

Cerra was putrid, not saying he will be dropped but it definetly shouldn't be impossible

Cerra can't play wing, look like a lost puppy out there. If anything I took out of that game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weiters should be back.
Newnes can't play back. Move him back up the field (give Cerra a run in the 2s), or move him out (sub).
Poor effort from a lot of them tonight, but I think that's about it for changes.

Cerra can't play wing, look like a lost puppy out there. If anything I took out of that game.
Would have been told to hold his width. Was possibly also not the original plan for him (Cotts moved to defensive half forwsrd on Hill from the wing) to spend as much time on the wing as he did.

Players they’ll consider dropping: Newnes, Kemp, Honey, Durdin.

They’ll probably drop Honey and Kemp. They’re super conservative and pretty preoscutable.

I’m Weiters and Owies.
Out Kemo and honey.

Kemp sub.

His ball use has been patchy, but it’s more his intensity that leaves a lot to be desired at times.

For a guy who has so much composure he makes a lot of dumb errors during the course of the game.

I’m glad we’ve brought him into the club, I’m just interested to see how he responds to these kind of performances and what he’s actual ceiling is as a player. For his skillset (vision, composure, kicking skills) he could be a top 10 player, but he’s got a lot of ground to make up.

From hearing interviews with him, watching footage prior to the trade period he doesn’t strike me as a footy fanatic and just plays because he’s good at it.

Interesting project for Tim Clarke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back