Preview 2022 Rd 17 Carlton vs West Coast Sunday July 10 @ 4:40PM - Team Post #655

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Cerra is dropped to the VFL I’ll eat a hay bale.

Voss mentioned that Martin, Owies, Weitering and Durdin S. will all be available next week. He also said Mc Lovin will play Round 18.

In: Weitering, Owies

Out: Kemp, Honey

I don’t like Newnes playing half back so he may be dropped for Stocker.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Voss mentioned that Martin, Owies, Weitering and Durdin S. will all be available next week. He also said Mc Lovin will play Round 18.

Interesting the language he used was Owies and Weitering will come back in while Martin will be available for selection. Suggests Owies is considered a best 22 walk up while Martin is not. Not that surprising.

Shame we didn't get to play WCE when they needed COVID topups...

From Round 5 to Round 11, they lost each game by between 52 and 109 points. They lost to Adelaide by 31 points, Geelong by 18 points and beaten a shit * by 10 points in the last 3 Rounds. There is nothing to show that WC are suddenly a decent side, who only needed their best players back.

We will be going in very strong favourites and rightly so. Maybe Richmond can put our minds at ease tomorrow, when we say to ourselves at full time, “Oh, West Coast are still shit. They just lost by over 10 goals.” :p

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.co

Cerra for mine is still building,he has provided similar contributions in several of his games
he is well back from the main group contribution wise ....if he gets tired or injured ,then they rest him....he looks in place at games so far

They need to nail this game and take 4 points.....i dont care if its a close game.....just need the access to finals

Story of us always having to play teams when they get certain players back (saints tonight) or have their backs against the wall (saints again tonight)

Can we just for once play a side that is missing half their team?

Except for that time when we beat Port without Lycett, Dixon and Wines, a game we probably would have lost had they all played.

It also didn’t matter when we beat GWS the week their coach stepped down, or when we beat Essendon on their 150th year celebration game.

Nor when we beat a full strength Sydney side despite us not having Williams, McKay or Pittonet.

Quite simply this sort of stuff does not matter.

West Coast are getting their best team together and it is over there. Do you really think a team battling to make the 8, let alone the top 4, is in a position to rest players? Especially Motlop and Kennedy who were two of our best tonight. Mots also playing in his home state.
Motlop is from Darwin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cerra for mine is still building,he has provided similar contributions in several of his games
he is well back from the main group contribution wise ....if he gets tired or injured ,then they rest him....he looks in place at games so far

They need to nail this game and take 4 points.....i dont care if its a close game.....just need the access to finals
This is another game that will be like a GF for the oppo team. No guarantees we will win. They will want to play for us as big trophy in a disasterous year. Another chance for us to overcome pressure and push through.
All part of our rich growing experience.:eek::p ( arggghhh!!!!)

No Way Raccoon GIF

OUT - Honey
IN - Weitering

No more Newnes as a defender thanks, and Cerra really needs to prove himself. Owies can wait an extra week, while Kemp finally gets his shot as a 3rd tall.

FB - Kemp, Weitering, Plowman

HB - Saad, Young, Docherty

M - O’Brien, Cripps, Walsh

HF - C. Durdin, C. Curnow, Fisher

FF - Motlop, McKay, Silvagni

FOL - De Koning, Kennedy, Hewett

I/C - Newman, Cerra, Newnes, Cottrell

In : Weitering Stocker
Out : Plowman Newnes

Newman Young Kemp
Docherty Weitering Saad
Walsh Cripps Cottrell
Honey Curnow Durdin
Motlop McKay Silvagni

TDK Hewett Cerra

Kennedy Stocker Fisher O’Brien

Motlop was terrific and Kemp showed plenty.
Kemp just needs to play a little closer to his man but he’s our third tall defender going forward.
Honey and Durdin need to deliver more.
They can and they will, we must persist with them.
Weitering back as the defensive general and Stocker in as the seventh defender.
Newnes and Plowman out.
We’ve seen the best of them, can’t trust them and need to move past them …

In : Weitering Stocker
Out : Plowman Newnes

Newman Young Kemp
Docherty Weitering Saad
Walsh Cripps Cottrell
Honey Curnow Durdin
Motlop McKay Silvagni

TDK Hewett Cerra

Kennedy Stocker Fisher O’Brien

Motlop was terrific and Kemp showed plenty.
Kemp just needs to play a little closer to his man but he’s our third tall defender going forward.
Honey and Durdin need to deliver more.
They can and they will, we must persist with them.
Weitering back as the defensive general and Stocker in as the seventh defender.
Newnes and Plowman out.
We’ve seen the best of them, can’t trust them and need to move past them …
Very little chance both Honey and Durdin keep their spots. Voss said Owies “will play”.

Very little chance both Honey and Durdin keep their spots. Voss said Owies “will play”.

Yeah, I know he did.
I just offer my thoughts for what their worth.
Owies is admirable and he’ll never die wondering.
I like him but he’s one paced and don’t see scope for much improvement.
We’ve got higher ceilings in Motlop/Durdin/Honey …

Cerra looked underdone but THEY( our coaches)know more than we do
Kemp will be a gun and shouldn’t play 2s again
Newnes will not make the cut when we have everyone available
Motlop also a gun in the making- keep him in
Plowman is everyone’s whipping boy but wasn’t the reason we lost

We lost because of poor kicking and composure up front, considering who our defence had out our back 7 were pretty good

It’s not the time to rest players
Christ we just had a bye a few weeks ago

Probably a good wake up call to knuckle down and get back to manic pressure and improve our efficiency and kicking

Was a bit fumbly also last nite

Just my humble opinions….

Out - Honey, Setterfield, Cottrell (stiff)
In - Weitering, Owies

Setterfield can’t be medi sub 3 weeks in a row, has to rotate back into the VFL to keep his form. Not sure if there is a bye or not though.

Plowman - Weitering - Kemp
Docherty - Young - Saad
O’Brien - Cripps - Cerra
Fisher - Curnow - Silvagni
Motlop - McKay - Durdin
TDK - Hewett - Walsh

I/C - Newnes, Kennedy, Newman and Owies

Medi-Sub - Cottrell

Kemp finally gets to play his natural role as a 3rd/intercept.

Might be a case of grass looking greener on other side but to me most opponents seem to have more slick cleaner ball movement.

In our case chains get broken for a range of issues including fumbling, stray pass, wrong option, dropping an uncontested chest mark, indeciveness etc etc.

Is this the case or am I judging our own too harshly?

Might be a case of grass looking greener on other side but to me most opponents seem to have more slick cleaner ball movement.

In our case chains get broken for a range of issues including fumbling, stray pass, wrong option, dropping an uncontested chest mark, indeciveness etc etc.

Is this the case or am I judging our own too harshly?
A bit from column A and from column B.
We are slowly improving our connectivity and skills. Our ball movement is more manic than structured and may stay largely that by design, but surely we must add some layers, particularly exiting the defensive half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back