Draft Review 2022 - Revisit the 2022 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this looming as one of the worst drafts of this century?
I really don't think it's that bad. At the very least there are some elite talents in it. And it's foolish to write off the depth so soon.

We stunk it up pretty bad though.

Where are Konstanty and Vickery at?
Both stuck in the VFL and aren't standing out. Reckon Konstanty leaves at the end of the year. Vickery might be better (and is showing improvement I guess) but feels like Matt Ling 2.0.

He has also had massive games - 36 disposals, 24 contested and a goal is exceptional.

Weddles good is good - just not Sheezel good as yet.
Yeah i love Weddle, his ceiling is very very very high but Sheezel is legit a top 10 player in the league at worst right now. Currently no debate who is better as of this moment.

Yeah i love Weddle, his ceiling is very very very high but Sheezel is legit a top 10 player in the league at worst right now. Currently no debate who is better as of this moment.
Was that Weddle’s best game yesterday? His goal was spectacular but its his running power that was just highlighted on access all areas that was really impressive.

Was that Weddle’s best game yesterday? His goal was spectacular but its his running power that was just highlighted on access all areas that was really impressive.
Yeah i think it was - 3 goals and 18 disposals at 100% disposal efficiency is pretty crazy.

He is one of the best athletes in the AFL if not the best. He can just run all day, an absolute elite tank. Line breaking speed as well. 192 cm and i think possibly actually a little taller. He just has all the tools to make it.

Looks good down back, looks dangerous pinch hitting in the ruck and the very small snippets forward of the ball have been dangerous as well. I genuinely don't know where his best footy will be going forward, could very well be a Goodes style player that just goes wherever needed and excels.

Yeah i think it was - 3 goals and 18 disposals at 100% disposal efficiency is pretty crazy.

He is one of the best athletes in the AFL if not the best. He can just run all day, an absolute elite tank. Line breaking speed as well. 192 cm and i think possibly actually a little taller. He just has all the tools to make it.

Looks good down back, looks dangerous pinch hitting in the ruck and the very small snippets forward of the ball have been dangerous as well. I genuinely don't know where his best footy will be going forward, could very well be a Goodes style player that just goes wherever needed and excels.
It was a great move trading up to take him. Would be easily top 5 maybe top 3 if the draft happened today,

It was a great move trading up to take him. Would be easily top 5 maybe top 3 if the draft happened today,
Yeah at the moment i would say Sheezel is a clear far and away number 1 after that it gets harder.

I would currently have it probably

1. Sheezel
2. Aschroft
3. Weddle
4. Wardlaw

-------------

The rest

I am a big fan of Wardlaw and i think he will get everything out of himself that he possibly can, true heart and soul player. Ashcroft is incredible and i struggle to put Weddle ahead of him at this stage but ask me again in 12 months and i wouldn't be shocked.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has also had massive games - 36 disposals, 24 contested and a goal is exceptional.

Different good, Weddle can be super impactful with lowish numbers because of how dynamic he can be, running the ball end to end, kicking goals from 60 off inception, all while shutting down an opponent at half back.

Sheezel can do both impactful possession and high production, your right he is better and number one from this draft in my eyes.

Yeah at the moment i would say Sheezel is a clear far and away number 1 after that it gets harder.

I would currently have it probably

1. Sheezel
2. Aschroft
3. Weddle
4. Wardlaw

-------------

The rest

I am a big fan of Wardlaw and i think he will get everything out of himself that he possibly can, true heart and soul player. Ashcroft is incredible and i struggle to put Weddle ahead of him at this stage but ask me again in 12 months and i wouldn't e shocked.
Yep agree - Ashcroft is bumped on potential and was great in his 1st year before his knee went - and its a raffle for who you could place at 5.

They are not in the.same league.
Sheezel is amazing.

Different good, Weddle can be super impactful with lowish numbers because of how dynamic he can be, running the ball end to end, kicking goals from 60 off inception, all while shutting down an opponent at half back.

Sheezel can do both impactful possession and high production, your right he is better and number one from this draft in my eyes.
His attack is excellent.. super dynamic.
He drops defensive a lot.
Jesse Hogan kicked 4 goals on him.
A couple times he was on Daniels and wasn't accountable and it went the other way.
That said the likes of Whitfield and Zorko also get too attack minded as well, so not surprisingly a kid makes the same mistakes.

A couple times he was on Daniels and wasn't accountable and it went the other way.
That said the likes of Whitfield and Zorko also get too attack minded as well, so not surprisingly a kid makes the same mistakes.
It's up and down had a blinder both ways yesterday.

He has bad games defensively sometimes as he continues to adapt to being offensive and defensive. He had a brilliant game on Jeremy Cameron earlier in the year where Cameron said he was the hardest matchup he’s ever had, because he wouldn’t leave his back pocket, and due to his elite athletic ability & tank.

Both stuck in the VFL and aren't standing out. Reckon Konstanty leaves at the end of the year. Vickery might be better (and is showing improvement I guess) but feels like Matt Ling 2.0.
Must admit I haven’t seen a lot of the swans vfl but what I have seen Konstanty has looked dangerous. Kicked some nice snags.
Vickery where are they playing him? From memory wasn’t he a HB?

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Review 2022 - Revisit the 2022 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back