Autopsy 2022 Round 2 Blues hold on to beat Dogs. Charlie kicks 5

Who played well for the Blues in Round 2 vs the Dogs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So Charlie isn't a key forward so we should recruit another?

My message to our recruiters would be: we can never leave ourselves short of top line mids again. For the past decade we've been 2 or 3 short for mids who can reliably get 25-30 pos per game.

So prepare for what comes after the current team now.

That and a gun CHB via free agency would be nice... Darcy Moore?
Excellent comment and message. Lets hope they get it!
Its not rocket science that a strong midfield is the foundation of a good side but for some reason its been years since we had one

This is why we can play TDK as second ruck while improving his forward craft -- then if mirkhov hits a higher ceiling than pitto -- TDK can keep doing what he's doing .. I think TDK will be a more explosive version of Paul Salmon( who lost a bit of spring after his knee)
Well he should be able to as hes a bit taller with long arms.....:D

FO-5BJFUYAUD9MB

My message to our recruiters would be: we can never leave ourselves short of top line mids again. For the past decade we've been 2 or 3 short for mids who can reliably get 25-30 pos per game.

They can all be more or less true statements without contradicting one another. It's not as if a side only makes two changes each year.

Amazing isn't it, who would of thought an extra 60 to 90 possessions a game out of the midfield would make a profound difference.
For all the lipstick the AFL plasters all over clubland's lips, footy clubs are as a general rule no better run than your local blockbuster.

(Only difference, Blockbuster was subject to market forces. AFL clubs are subject to the ample bosom of the AFL)

Paper today, Robbo included in his 'likes' Max King's 4 goal game and Larkey's effort of kicking 4 of his 6 goals against either a first gamer or a top up player.
No mention of Charlie's great performance after his setbacks of the last 2 years.
He must have read your post yesterday, last night on AFL360 he was signing Charlies praises for a few minutes. I don’t care to much about his opinion either, but I am guessing the edit gives him guidance on who to talk about and how much space he has to work with.
Also our game was Thursday last week, we are old news after Friday’s paper (for being ‘news’)

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2022 Round 2 Blues hold on to beat Dogs. Charlie kicks 5

Back