List Mgmt. 2022 Trade, Draft, etc thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have known Brayden George for a few years having worked with him at development level for the Murray Bushrangers.

I do know for a fact that we've put some extensive time and work into George from a reference check point of view. Our recruiters have now interviewed him several times and have made the track up thr highway to visit him as well as a few other bushie players also. The interest is genuinely serious now.

In my opinion if he was fully fit I have no doubt he'd be talked about as a genuine top 7-10 pick. He's another country lad who comes from a dairy farm of Gigarre just outside of Shepparton and moved out of home when he was 16 to live by himself to be closer to the Murray Bushrangers system. Moved to Wangaratta where he did his time between Wang Rovers in the strong Ovens and Murray league and Bushies.

On field he is a genuine powerful unit with thick set of legs. Up close it's actually pretty ridiculous how well built he is. He'd absolutely walk into our round 1 side and just bully some of the more seasoned senior players running around just through his sheer physicality and size.

The bit I love is the sheer on field arrogance and cockiness. He's got that genuine strut where when he's on song he'll let opposition players know about it too and loves a goal celebration.

He'll start his career as genuine half forward with hope to then translate into more midfield minutes similar to how Petracca's career started out.

I'm obviously bias and would love him at the club because I've seen what this kid is capable of and it's pretty exciting.

Sydney are another club who are strong on George also.

Could TheOx be classified as a 'If Only'? He and Neitz were on Fire in 94. Yep, still won a b&f and contributed but didn't get remotely close to his potential unfortunately. Not saying he would have been as good as Carey, but he would have been as good as Carey had his knees not let him down.

The semi final against the Doggies was Schwartz at his best, he was every bit as good as Carey. Damn shame

In my opinion if he was fully fit I have no doubt he'd be talked about as a genuine top 7-10 pick. He's another country lad who comes from a dairy farm of Gigarre just outside of Shepparton and moved out of home when he was 16 to live by himself to be closer to the Murray Bushrangers system. Moved to Wangaratta where he did his time between Wang Rovers in the strong Ovens and Murray league and Bushies.

Love everything about him, but love this the most. Don't care if he's rough around the edges, or likes a beer or plays with arrogance. This is a kid who wants to be successful and is willing to make it happen. Get him into the team

If we are committed to George then I think we will definitely need to use our future picks to get back into pick 19 and pick him there, whilst selecting someone at 13 who can make an impact in 2023 - as we have been public that we want impact sooner rather than later.

I feel like the Jefferson stuff is bluffing from our end, similar to how we were linked with Weightman in 2019, but actually wanted Pickett.

yeah i understand that, i mean if we really want him we might have to go 13 or miss out.
This is what i was thinking. Use pick 13 on him and then we have 19 in the bank for a kid we can develop next year. It's a lottery after pick 5 or 6 anyway really this year. I'd be guessing that's what we are thinking. Swans will pounce with their picks 14 or 17, so having pick 19 means we can go George at 13 and then maybe a slider at 19. The more i see and hear of George the more i like that selection if it happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we're serious about George you'd think we just pick him at 13 and trading for 19 is so we can pick someone else who actually plays next year.

Not much point messing around with getting pick 19 to take him if he's unlikely to still be there. He's exactly the type the Swans would take with one of their picks, and make him a star.

Cal Twomey reporting we've offered both our future 1sts to get into the top 5 this year but Suns, Bombers and Roos have all knocked us back.

Interesting. Wonder who we're looking at in the top 5. Sheezel was the name that came up early that we were keen on, but he appears to be a lock to go to North. Tsatas, Phillipou, Humphrey and Clark are supposedly the next batch expected to be taken. I would be hoping for Phillipou as a tall, goal kicking mid with pace would be a great addition. Tsatas and Clark as inside/out accumulator types could give our midfield a similar type to Gus and free him up to potentially move back to half back or the wing in the next few seasons. Humphrey as a forward/mid wouldn't make sense if we were also planning on taking George at 13 but could fill that role if we aren't planning on taking him there.

Interesting. Wonder who we're looking at in the top 5. Sheezel was the name that came up early that we were keen on, but he appears to be a lock to go to North. Tsatas, Phillipou, Humphrey and Clark are supposedly the next batch expected to be taken. I would be hoping for Phillipou as a tall, goal kicking mid with pace would be a great addition. Tsatas and Clark as inside/out accumulator types could give our midfield a similar type to Gus and free him up to potentially move back to half back or the wing in the next few seasons. Humphrey as a forward/mid wouldn't make sense if we were also planning on taking George at 13 but could fill that role if we aren't planning on taking him there.

Seems a long shot because you'd have to think the teams in the top 5 really need the top 5 talent this year more than they need F1s next year. Must really rate someone at 4-5 mark we think will be there because two F1s is a heap to give up for them.

yeah i understand that, i mean if we really want him we might have to go 13 or miss out.

Agree, you take him at 13 if you want him, dont **** around and hope he gets through to 19 if Sydney are keen.

Seems a long shot because you'd have to think the teams in the top 5 really need the top 5 talent this year more than they need F1s next year. Must really rate someone at 4-5 mark we think will be there because two F1s is a heap to give up for them.

I doubt it will happen. It is a lot for us to give up, but based on our future prospects and those of Freo the teams picking there don't seem to think it's enough at this stage at least. It should make draft night more interesting at least.... if the guy we are keen on slips past Gold Coast, I wonder if Geelong or Hawthorn take that deal?

Cal Twomey reporting we've offered both our future 1sts to get into the top 5 this year but Suns, Bombers and Roos have all knocked us back.
Well yeah, that would be a terrible deal for those clubs. No chance North could sell that to their fanbase following the JHF debacle, Bombers would struggle, too, after the year they've had.

Suns are at the point now where quality of draft picks is a bigger priority than quantity, so couldn't see them doing the deal, although they do tend to roll over at the trade table.

Glad we're looking around though.

Not a massive fan of trading our first next year for a late one this year on the surface. Would rather keep both in 2023 to move up into the top 5 if we desire.

But I trust JT to know his stuff.

I questioned exactly the same thing and was told that the theory behind it is that you just never know who on the list might be traded the next year, so the club just runs with getting as much as possible through the door this year. In other words, if we found out that we had to trade Oliver next year, we would have enough draft capital in exchange and would be better off using everything we can to get a high pick this year.

Not sure if I've explained that very well, but it made sense when explained to me.

Previously there was the additional theory of getting the young core group as close to the same age as possible, although that isnt as important to us this year.

If we are committed to George then I think we will definitely need to use our future picks to get back into pick 19 and pick him there, whilst selecting someone at 13 who can make an impact in 2023 - as we have been public that we want impact sooner rather than later.

I feel like the Jefferson stuff is bluffing from our end, similar to how we were linked with Weightman in 2019, but actually wanted Pickett.

I am almost certain that we arent interested in Jefferson.

The semi final against the Doggies was Schwartz at his best, he was every bit as good as Carey. Damn shame
Lyon kicked 10 that day

I questioned exactly the same thing and was told that the theory behind it is that you just never know who on the list might be traded the next year, so the club just runs with getting as much as possible through the door this year. In other words, if we found out that we had to trade Oliver next year, we would have enough draft capital in exchange and would be better off using everything we can to get a high pick this year.

Not sure if I've explained that very well, but it made sense when explained to me.

Previously there was the additional theory of getting the young core group as close to the same age as possible, although that isnt as important to us this year.
they probs already know Kozzy is gone 😮‍💨

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back