List Mgmt. 2022 Trade, Draft, etc thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows what Geelong have told Clark, I'm sure that there's no guarantee, but it would be pretty un-Geelong like to let all the talk about them being certainties to pick him play out and then pick someone else. I reckon they're fairly committed.

No doubt everyone suddenly rating Phillipou at 4-5 will shake the order up slightly though. Article I read (I think in the Age) this morning sounded fairly certain Essendon will take him at 5 which does leave Tsatas there for somebody to get.

If teams telegraphed picks like this it would unbelievably dumb, im not convinced they are committed whatsoever.

meh they can have him. he looks a one way winger to me and i can't believe some people have rated him as high as 3.

winger? Onballer through and through. Hes pretty freakish in close. Love his size and ability to win the ground ball against multiple opponents.

i reckon he won't be strong enough for a permanent inside mid role at AFL level.

Hes got a frame to add weight to for sure. I think his upside is as good as anyone's in this draft. Some of the stuff he can do you dont see much . Needs to tidy up his disposal which can be a bit hit and miss.

i could easily be wrong, just my opinion of him. and yeah his kicking looks a bit suspect.

So could I, I tend to look for freakish things that stand out rather than consistency, sucker for upside.

Hewett or George are the two id be over the moon with at 13 that could realistically be there. Slight lean to George just coz hes more of a need. But Hewett gives me Daniel Kerr vibes.

If teams telegraphed picks like this it would unbelievably dumb, im not convinced they are committed whatsoever.

Teams definitely telegraph picks through the media. In any given year journalists with no particular investigative skills or recruiting expertise accurately predict most of the top 10 picks. That can only happen because they've been briefed on it by clubs.

Teams definitely telegraph picks through the media. In any given year journalists with no particular investigative skills or recruiting expertise accurately predict most of the top 10 picks. That can only happen because they've been briefed on it by clubs.

Smart teams would do this to throw people of the trail. You see it in the NFL all the time.

Smart teams would do this to throw people of the trail. You see it in the NFL all the time.

Yeah and no doubt some do, but you've also got to concede that come draft night we usually know who a lot of the teams are going to pick. Ie it would be a shock if GWS don't pick Cadman despite the fact nobody really seems to rate him as the top 1-2 in the draft pool.

My feeling with Geelong is they know they've got a good product to offer so they don't mess around too much playing games. I reckon they'll take Clark - may well be wrong though.

Really don't think it's that simple. I think they talk to agents and the players themselves. If a certain player has been interviewed 17x by Geelong and 0 by Melbourne not hard to work out who's more interested

Really don't think it's that simple. I think they talk to agents and the players themselves. If a certain player has been interviewed 17x by Geelong and 0 by Melbourne not hard to work out who's more interested

Yep, this is a tell tale sign in the NFL also, team interviews with prospects are tracked and able to be looked up by anyone, 9/10 times a player that has been interviewed multiple times by teams is the player they pick. The more interviews they have the more keen a team is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah and no doubt some do, but you've also got to concede that come draft night we usually know who a lot of the teams are going to pick. Ie it would be a shock if GWS don't pick Cadman despite the fact nobody really seems to rate him as the top 1-2 in the draft pool.

My feeling with Geelong is they know they've got a good product to offer so they don't mess around too much playing games. I reckon they'll take Clark - may well be wrong though.

I think the top 3 or 4 are generally pretty honest, not really much to worry about sharing info there, teams below that would be wise to play some funny buggers and keep their cards closer to their chest.

Jason Taylor was interviewed today on afl.com.au

The way I interpreted his interview was:

• we won't be trading up (seems like we got rejected from all of them)
  • we may trade down
  • Spoke about Jefferson. He said he had a good year. He didn't seem to be obsessed about him. I didn't see him have true interest. But he spoke about our need for key forwards which we might look at at pick 37 or both.
  • He is very confident that we'll pick up a good player at pick 37.
  • We basically picked up Schache just because we lost Weideman.
  • He says that JVR is purely a forward and they're pleased with his first year but in the same sentence they were pleased with Lauries year.
  • There's a cut off point between best available and filling a need. They have no issues picking best available but recognised the key position players are a need.
  • He mentioned that they are aggressive with trading future firsts around but they're not willy nilly about it.

A danster post reporting facts rather than the usual twisting his own opinion into fact. What a delight.
Checking in after a few weeks offline. I'm assuming all of his posts have been like this while I've been away? Can't wait to read the last 15 pages of this thread.

shows your agenda. you still couldn't keep it positive. Especially after I'm posting the interview for your own benefit.

I gave you a love react. Changing it to thumbs down now coz of this outburst

shows your agenda. you still couldn't keep it positive. Especially after I'm posting the interview for your own benefit.

You both have a point here. There have been many of us who have clipped you for twisting your opinions into facts ("Grundy no doubt has only a couple of years left" or "Bailey Laurie is definitely a bust" or "Goody straight-out lied to Dunstan's face and promised him heaps of senior game time"). It's tiring and annoying.

But I wholeheartedly appreciate you posting a run down of JT's interview. As would most posters in this instance.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You both have a point here. There have been many of us who have clipped you for twisting your opinions into facts ("Grundy no doubt has only a couple of years left" or "Bailey Laurie is definitely a bust" or "Goody straight-out lied to Dunstan's face and promised him heaps of senior game time"). It's tiring and annoying.

But I wholeheartedly appreciate you posting a run down of JT's interview. As would most posters in this instance.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I said I appreciated it in a roundabout way. Danster just went into full defensive mode coz hes not used to compliments.

I said I appreciated it in a roundabout way. Danster just went into full defensive mode coz hes not used to compliments.
Nah, you just criticised me and I called you out on it when it wasn't necessary for a post that was informative for people that may have missed Jason Taylor's interview. You've been hanging out too much with TK

Nah, you just criticised me and I called you out on it when it wasn't necessary for a post that was informative for people that may have missed Jason Taylor's interview. You've been hanging out too much with TK

No, I highlighted that it was different to your usual shtick and said it was a delight.

Youre just very defensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back