List Mgmt. 2022 Trade, Draft, etc thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched Jefferson a lot play school footy at Wesley. His hands are amazing and he’s very athletic. Definitely needs to bulk up to play as a key forward but won’t be surprised if he plays earlier than people think as more of a third mobile tall forward, and play more like Gunston. In time he could be a gun. Just have to pray he’s more Max King than Jack Watts 🙏🙏

I said he could play earlier in a Gunston type role. He is athletic and very good on the lead. Players can start in a different role to what they end up playing as they fill out.

He may not fill out and could end up more like Jack Watts. He could fill out and turn into more of a Max King type player.

I think it's time to get a bit excited about Jeffo!
1) He's victorian. There's no go-home factor. So if he makes the grade, he's ours.
2) He's a key forward. A big need.
3) He's agile
4) He has great soft hands with marking. Something that Jackson didn't have who always double grabbed everything.
5) He has a high ceiling. If he was even 5-7kg heavier, he would've gone top 10.

I said he could play earlier in a Gunston type role. He is athletic and very good on the lead. Players can start in a different role to what they end up playing as they fill out.

He may not fill out and could end up more like Jack Watts. He could fill out and turn into more of a Max King type player.

Doesn't make sense. Max king is a straight up a down key forward who uses his height and has terrible skills especially with his goal kicking.

Jack Watts was undersized and didn't have height at all, but was an extremely skillful player who was pigeon holed during his development.

They play/played nothing alike

Doesn't make sense. Max king is a straight up a down key forward who uses his height and has terrible skills especially with his goal kicking.

Jack Watts was undersized and didn't have height at all, but was an extremely skillful player who was pigeon holed during his development.

Lucas Cook?

1) He's victorian. There's no go-home factor. So if he makes the grade, he's ours.
3) He's agile
4) He has great soft hands with marking. Something that Jackson didn't have who always double grabbed everything.
5) He has a high ceiling. If he was even 5-7kg heavier, he would've gone top 10.
Yeah i like the pick (prob a bad sign), just glad we didn't give up 3 1sts for pick 4, i was ready to facepalm but thankfully no need. Imagine basically giving up more than we got for Jackson for a random pick 4.

Well Jack Watts was 196cm or so and we hoped he would be a key forward. We didn’t draft him pick 1 and hope he would turn into the player he was.

Jefferson is 195 but will hopefully grow a bit and fill out and hope he can turn into more of a mobile tall forward who can also take pack marks. Understand King is taller but he does have similarities and that’s coming from recruiters.

Anyway we can agree to disagree. I’ve watched him play quite a lot of footy live and I think he has the potential to be a real player and a very good key forward, but it’s hard to know how and if it will translate to AFL level footy. Hopefully the recruiters get that right.

We got rid of a bloke who just didn't have it from a physical point of view and have just drafted exactly the same type of player.

Good luck when he comes up against the bigger key defenders of the competition. Long long way to go in getting to an AFL sized key forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who knows why this on the North page.

I like how he talks himself up. Doesn't talk in a bunch of cliches about team or whatever the crap like Weid did, who is a lovely bloke mind you. Jefe's all about take mark, kick goals, do defence & shit. Says he bases his game on Charlie Curnow & Aaron Naughton.

Gun in the making. Here we go.

3) He's agile
I agree, no point dwelling on the pick, we've got him now. I'm going to be optimistic that he will become decent in the future.

I agree, no point dwelling on the pick, we've got him now. I'm going to be optimistic that he will become decent in the future.
I'm not until he plays VFL at a minimum. Plenty of young key forwards don't even play well at VFL level. If he's any level of a talent he's still gonna play some big games in the VFL next year. If he only relied on his athleticism against under age kids then he's gonna struggle big time and it'll show.

Yeah, I don't see it.

He looks like a Josh Schache/Sam Weideman hybrid :$

Prove me wrong JT, prove me wrong

We got rid of a bloke who just didn't have it from a physical point of view and have just drafted exactly the same type of player.

Good luck when he comes up against the bigger key defenders of the competition. Long long way to go in getting to an AFL sized key forward.
Jason Taylor wanted to get up a little bit higher in the draft to get Jefferson according to Cal Twomey. Also, WCE were super keen on Jefferson. if he was a WA kid then WA would've got him.

It's usually me that bashes players. Jason Taylor deserves more credibility. Taylor is a no nonsense guy. He would've seen something in Jefferson that gave him the confidence to pick him early.

I hope we pick up another key forward with 37. Or trade up and get Gruzcewski :)

Steven May, Petty and Lever are going to give this kid a bath at training during the match sim.

Who was it that made Lucas Cook cry at training? Let’s hope not for a repeat.

Who knows why this on the North page.

I like how he talks himself up. Doesn't talk in a bunch of cliches about team or whatever the crap like Weid did, who is a lovely bloke mind you. Jefe's all about take mark, kick goals, do defence & s**t. Says he bases his game on Charlie Curnow & Aaron Naughton.

Gun in the making. Here we go.

Jason Taylor wanted to get up a little bit higher in the draft to get Jefferson according to Cal Twomey. Also, WCE were super keen on Jefferson. if he was a WA kid then WA would've got him.

It's usually me that bashes players. Jason Taylor deserves more credibility. Taylor is a no nonsense guy. He would've seen something in Jefferson that gave him the confidence to pick him early.

I hope we pick up another key forward with 37. Or trade up and get Gruzcewski :)
If WC were super keen on him then they would have grabbed him with their two earlier picks they had in front of us lol..

Making zero sense.

If WC were super keen on him then they would have grabbed him with their two earlier picks they had in front of us lol..

Making zero sense.
Also apparently Taylor wanted to get Jefferson badly meanwhile he literally tried to trade 3 first rounders to get to 4 and get no where near Jefferson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back