List Mgmt. 2022 Trade, Draft, etc thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key forwards don't slide to 15 very often that are decent. Teams normally reach for them as a need not because they are any good. There's a very good chance he never plays for Melbourne
yeah they're more risky that's why. midfielders grow on trees. there's plenty of key forwards that have gone after 15. Georgiadis went at pick 18. he's decent. Himmelberg went at 16. Hipwood went at 14. So it does happen. If they're any better than these guys then they generally go top 3 like Cadman.

Also apparently Taylor wanted to get Jefferson badly meanwhile he literally tried to trade 3 first rounders to get to 4 and get no where near Jefferson.
Exactly.

We were putting ourselves in a position to grab Humphrey or Mattaes Phillipou.

Then there was the strong talk going around about trading back so we could grab George or Harry Barnett.

I'm not until he plays VFL at a minimum. Plenty of young key forwards don't even play well at VFL level. If he's any level of a talent he's still gonna play some big games in the VFL next year. If he only relied on his athleticism against under age kids then he's gonna struggle big time and it'll show.
Yeah I get your reservations under 18s is one thing, but he needs to step it up in the VFL, and even then players dominate vfl and struggle in the next step up ie weid. The amount of terrible picks we have had in the past,I don't blame anyone being pessimistic. The thing is we won't know for a while. Anyway I will remain optimistic he won't be another weid.

yeah they're more risky that's why. midfielders grow on trees. there's plenty of key forwards that have gone after 15. Georgiadis went at pick 18. he's decent. Himmelberg went at 16. Hipwood went at 14. So it does happen. If they're any better than these guys then they generally go top 3 like Cadman.
Himmelburg and Hipwood were both academy selections
Georgiades isn't a key forward he's a 3rd tall in the mould of Van Rooyen, the same JVR you bang on about not being big enough to be a key tall. Jefferson won't be ready to be a number one key forward for 5 years if it even happens, way past our premiership window

There is one poster on this board who is literally making me consider leaving bigfooty. An insufferable douchebag, that unnamed poster is. Seriously. Boy oh boy wowee.
Like for the first time ever I kinda want a top draft pick to bust just to avoid the relentless bullshit gloating if he plays even mildly well.

Yeah I get your reservations under 18s is one thing, but he needs to step it up in the VFL, and even then players dominate vfl and struggle in the next step up ie weid. The amount of terrible picks we have had in the past,I don't blame anyone being pessimistic. The thing is we won't know for a while. Anyway I will remain optimistic he won't be another weid.
I'm just more pessimistic because we needed a key forward which means we were more likely to roll the dice on a player, combine that with how desperate we were to move on the pick and this feels like a **** it let's see what he can do rather than a shit yeah we got our man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Georgiades isn't a key forward he's a 3rd tall in the mould of Van Rooyen, the same JVR you bang on about not being big enough to be a key tall. Jefferson won't be ready to be a number one key forward for 5 years if it even happens, way past our premiership window
I have some reservations about this pick too as we've seen this scenario a few times now at Melbourne. Promising in a few areas but physicality the issue.

I dont think premiership window is relevant to the debate though.
Obviously he's a forward for the long term future. If premiership window is the concern then you trade, you don't draft.
Trade period is over, we got SFA (Schache), that's it.

Maybe they tried to trade for a future first as well, who knows...

we're not in our premiership window now. not with ben brown, tmac, and an unco ruck as our forwards. however, I do agree that both JVR and Jefferson aren't big key forwards by todays standards and that's why I want us to draft another key forward with our next pick or focus on it at next years draft.

I have some reservations about this pick too as we've seen this scenario a few times now at Melbourne. Promising in a few areas but physicality the issue.

I dont think premiership window is relevant to the debate though.
Obviously he's a forward for the long term future. If premiership window is the concern then you trade, you don't draft.
Trade period is over, we got SFA (Schache), that's it.

Maybe they tried to trade for a future first as well, who knows...
We did try and trade. We tried for players and we tried to get rid of the pick almost desperately.
He was basically all that was left to do in the end.

Looks like at the start of the trade period this was about the last option left for us we wanted. Of course premiership windows the concern, this guy won't contribute to us in this mini era if he does at all.
If we didn't have an absolute dearth of forwards there's nothing at all about this kid that gets me up and about

we're not in our premiership window now.
but-you-know-youre-the-idiot-dwayne-johnson.gif

We did try and trade. We tried for players and we tried to get rid of the pick almost desperately.

Looks like at the start of the trade period this was about the last option left for us we wanted. Of course premiership windows the concern, this guy won't contribute to us in this mini era if he does at all.
If we didn't have an absolute dearth of forwards there's nothing at all about this kid that gets me up and about
Who would you have taken with the pick out of interest?

You've missed the point.

After trying all our options during trade period and with pick swaps etc, the club ended up stuck with pick 15.

At that point they clearly decided to make a long term play by getting Jefferson given our forward stocks need replenishing down the track. It's premature to make a call on how successful this will be in that context.

There weren't that many draftees available around P15 who will have an obvious immediate influence on our premiership window, in the eyes of our recruiters at least.

You've missed the point.

After trying all our options during trade period and with pick swaps etc, the club ended up stuck with pick 15.

At that point they clearly decided to make a long term play by getting Jefferson given our forward stocks need replenishing down the track. It's premature to make a call on how successful this will be in that context.

There weren't that many draftees available around P15 who will have an obvious immediate influence on our premiership window, in the eyes of our recruiters at least.
What lol you just reposted what I said.
After we tried multiple options we got stuck with using the pick and took Jefferson. Hardly confidence inducing

What lol you just reposted what I said.
After we tried multiple options we got stuck with using the pick and took Jefferson. Hardly confidence inducing
In my first post I said if premiership window is the factor then you trade, you dont draft.. Assumably the club tried in trade period and got nowhere.

You having a go at picking MJ in light of premiership window is plain stupid - the horse had already bolted.

They ended up with P15 and decided to go long term tall with that pick and given the available options it wasn't that terrible given how he was rated.

In my first post I said if premiership window is the factor then you trade, you dont draft.. Assumably the club tried in trade period and got nowhere.

You having a go at picking MJ in light of premiership window is plain stupid - the horse had already bolted.

They ended up with P15 and decided to go long term tall with that pick and given the available options it wasn't that terrible given how he was rated.
We did try and trade. Multiple times.
You're basically agreeing with everything I'm saying but choosing to be weird about it. Move on.

We did try and trade. Multiple times.
You're basically agreeing with everything I'm saying but choosing to be weird about it. Move on.
Your point about premiership window was dumb as dog shit and you know it.

That's the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back