Training 2022 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Following some of these trainings reports I can now say I am back at the ‘getting my hopes up’ part of the Freo supporter flowchart.

I’ve got three glorious weeks off work from next week, looking forward to getting down to Cockburn to see the boys at it and maybe even knock out a training report or two.

Went down and had a look at training yesterday and as previous watchers have said very windy conditions,skills a bit rusty,32ish training with some coming and going(tabs,Fyfe,Shultz,hammer,Sturt).most looking in tip top condition.amongst those to impress was Erasmus-looks ready to go,classy both feet,good overhead ,stays involved and nice size.Chapman doesn’t make to many mistakes and looks a Jono clone,Clark looks very keen to impress,neat by foot most of the time and quick.brayshaws kicking was pretty good and is involved in everything and Serong was working hard and leading the sprints at the end.rehabbing included fyfe(kicking and marking o/h no worries),tabs pumping out laps -doesn’t look to far off ,same same with young and walker doing lots of agility work and laps,young’s finger still substantially bandaged.big kahuna didn’t seem to do a lot .looking like most in rehab not to serious and just been conservative.switter pulled out of the 100 m sprints and didn’t return -may have had a bit of awareness-wasn’t limping but didn’t look that happy walking off?off to work now!!!

Also Alex Pearce looks a million bucks and hopefully injury free this year-backline looks impossible to pick and notice hamling wasn’t training with the backs in the last part of sims.noddy took a couple of neat marks and his kicking was good -he is also a very solid unit-could be a weapon in a couple of years

Lyon recruited D Pearce and Bennell for this role, he then ruined S Hill’s career by bulking him up to play half back.
should have left Hill alone and Bennell at Gold Coast
Hill was already big prior to Ross. He had to bulk up to endure against taggers he was getting ragged by. On his day, his in and under explosiveness was elite.
His game against Geelong QF 2013 was testament to that

Last edited:
RTB did the best with what he had in that department, Stephen Hill had some very good years under Ross. What were the other options for outside run - Crozier, Sutcliffe, Sheridan and D Pearce?
Sheridan never amounted to anything, given how impressive his running in every pre season was. Skinny rake getting pushed around by the bigger winger types.
Bradshaw would be a fantastic winger- an upgrade on his brother Angus.
People need to chill. You look at Fremantle’s list from 2012-2015 and give it to say Hinkley, no way would the team be where it got.

Last edited:
Sheridan never amounted to anything, given how impressive his running in every pre season was. Skinny take getting pushed around by the biggest winger types.
Bradshaw would be a fantastic winger- an upgrade on his brother Angus.
People need to chill. You look at Fremantle’s list from 2012-2015 and give it to say Hinkley, no way would the team be where it got.
There is no denying Lyon was brilliant at taking a team and making them competitive, the issue is he couldn't do it sustainably.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hill was already big prior to Ross. He had to bulk up to endure against taggers he was getting ragged by. On his day, his in and under explosiveness was elite.
His game against Geelong QF 201 was testament to that
Watch this again, I know you want to:

That is a skinny running machine doing what he did best, gliding across the ground.

That is a skinny running machine doing what he did best, gliding across the ground.

That’s probably at his heaviest. Pity he increased his load preseason 2016/7. He was at his peak. Played some ripper footy. Body couldn’t take it

Even in the most significant moment in this club’s history, ****head Zempilas can’t help himself but drip with disdain in every part of that call. **** off, piece of shit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2022 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Back