Training 2022 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

We also have forwards who aren't reliable shots on goal and haven't been over their whole careers. Some of them may improve slightly due to the additional coaching resources allocated to that area which'll help as well.
Who are you talking about, Taberner or Lobb? Or both? Taberner (66%) measures up ok compared to other forwards, with Lynch (61%), Buddy (59%), Riewoldt (63%), Kennedy (64%) all with worse goals:behinds ratios. Lobb (59%) could use a little more improvement, but he is a big confidence player and was more accurate in 2016-2017 (66%) when he was flying.

Can confirm training has commenced at Cockburn!

The club needs to get on top of letting fans know. It would be simple to provide an instagram story and just as easy to put a banner on the website letting us know. I booked a meeting in freo this morning specifically to go to training. Should have known better from Snuffaluphagus experiences.

Who are you talking about, Taberner or Lobb? Or both? Taberner (66%) measures up ok compared to other forwards, with Lynch (61%), Buddy (59%), Riewoldt (63%), Kennedy (64%) all with worse goals:behinds ratios. Lobb (59%) could use a little more improvement, but he is a big confidence player and was more accurate in 2016-2017 (66%) when he was flying.
I'll just add that this year our top 10 behind scorers were

Career accuracy prior to 2021 2021 Accuracy
Fyfe 58% 22%
Colyer 51% 44%
Lobb 62% 51%
Schultz 61% 56%
Tabs 65% 68%
Darcy 40% 50%
Walters 65% 56%
Freddy* 40% 33%
Serong* 66% 44%
Cerra 42% 33%

Most of them went backwards with their accuracy this year

*small sample size

The club needs to get on top of letting fans know. It would be simple to provide an instagram story and just as easy to put a banner on the website letting us know. I booked a meeting in freo this morning specifically to go to training. Should have known better from Snuffaluphagus experiences.

Looks pretty clear to me…

It would be great to compare Taberners accuracy from left and right side of the ground. He uses his natural left from the right forward flank and goals much more than from the left forward. So much so that his leading patterns should be the the side that favours his kicking style.

Taberner's response the last time a coach tried to teach him proper leading patterns

images

It would be great to compare Taberners accuracy from left and right side of the ground. He uses his natural left from the right forward flank and goals much more than from the left forward. So much so that his leading patterns should be the the side that favours his kicking style.
If he did that, it would be found out pretty quickly and opposition teams would defend against that side - both his direct opponent and those pressuring the ball carrier. He would be better off utilising his time focusing on improving his accuracy on his 'weak' side.

Tabs is Jekyll and Hyde in front of goal. Never confident with him lol. He's either on point or diabolical. Not much in-between.

Hopefully we can get Darcy more forward too?
20 goals a season from the big unit could be special.

I've got mixed feelings on that. He's clearly our best ruck and is a weapon for us in there, so to have him playing forward as opposed to pushing forward, will rob Peter to pay Paul.

Our best line up is having only him or Meek in the side, not both. So we're extremely weak in the ruck with him sitting up forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd more like to see Tabs accuracy on anything sharper than a 45 degree angle compared to his accuracy dead in front.

I'll just add that this year our top 10 behind scorers were

Career accuracy prior to 2021 2021 Accuracy
Fyfe 58% 22%
Colyer 51% 44%
Lobb 62% 51%
Schultz 61% 56%
Tabs 65% 68%
Darcy 40% 50%
Walters 65% 56%
Freddy* 40% 33%
Serong* 66% 44%
Cerra 42% 33%

Most of them went backwards with their accuracy this year

*small sample size
We tend to turn on the players regarding goal kicking accuracy, but those stats suggest a more complex scenario. 8/10 had a significant decline (6/8 if we exclude Frederick and Serong).

The most obvious "other" things that would impact are coaching and game plan. It’s clear that changes in the coaching area have happened with Graham incoming. How Longmuir adjusts the game plan is a major event for our forward strategy.

I'm not letting the players off the hook either, and seeing Fyfe giving goal kicking a bit more attention is terrific.

Training Report - 09/02
Was hoping to watch more match Sim today, but not to be. The entire session was all skills based with focus on mids training midfield drills, same for defenders and forwards. Couple of other drills mixed players into different groups. Main takeaways:
1. Mundy and Fyfe in all drills, with Fyfe looking a little rusty today.
2. Brodie, Aish, Sunny, Schultz running laps separately from the main group but all look to have only minor issues.
3. Roy completing drills on his own with 2 trainers and both he and Amiss are certainly being treated carefully - neither appear injured.
4. Treacy in main training doing all drills.
5. Sturt with tape on left knee and not running at top pace, however it was good to see lecras and Graham working 1-1 with him on some leading drills. In these drills Sturt's movements were much improved, but he didn't partake in all drills.
I hope to get there on Friday and report back on some match sim.

Was hoping to watch more match Sim today, but not to be. The entire session was all skills based with focus on mids training midfield drills, same for defenders and forwards. Couple of other drills mixed players into different groups. Main takeaways:
1. Mundy and Fyfe in all drills, with Fyfe looking a little rusty today.
2. Brodie, Aish, Sunny, Schultz running laps separately from the main group but all look to have only minor issues.
3. Roy completing drills on his own with 2 trainers and both he and Amiss are certainly being treated carefully - neither appear injured.
4. Treacy in main training doing all drills.
5. Sturt with tape on left knee and not running at top pace, however it was good to see lecras and Graham working 1-1 with him on some leading drills. In these drills Sturt's movements were much improved, but he didn't partake in all drills.
I hope to get there on Friday and report back on some match sim.
Who's Roy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2022 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Back