2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those were the days… except Thurls always had good intel.. it was Skav that had us hook, line and sinker
My bad… apologies.

Who we thinking..

Dusty wants out of Melbourne..?
I can picture him enjoying **** and swimming

Buddy and jesinta want to head north post career… could we poach the bud for 2 years winning him a premiership and Suns life membership

Or has Max finally clicked…
I want to play my career at a destination club like the Suns with my twin brother

👀 💦

Yeah, what a take.
I said Anderson could be traded - I did not say 'for Worpel'

If people are throwing names around like De Goey, Josh Dunkley and Angus Brayshaw (apparently big interest from Hawthorn, and he is not leaving Melbourne anyway) - then a sizeable return needs to head the other way.

A trade involving say Anderson for Dunkley is much more reasonable.

I would still have LDU,Zurharr,Bruhn and Worpel being looked at - fringe players + picks for those guys.

Yeah Noah got the ball heaps last game - and butchered it. Including that awesome miss from directly in front under no pressure.

If anyone looked at the Melb - Lions game last night, that's what an elite midfield looks like.

Hey, pan me for what I said - but not for what I didn't!

If people are throwing names around like De Goey, Josh Dunkley and Angus Brayshaw (apparently big interest from Hawthorn, and he is not leaving Melbourne anyway) - then a sizeable return needs to head the other way.

I would still have LDU,Zurharr,Bruhn and Worpel being looked at - fringe players + picks for those guys.

Yeah Noah got the ball heaps last game - and butchered it. Including that awesome miss from directly in front under no pressure.

If anyone looked at the Melb - Lions game last night, that's what an elite midfield looks like.

He had 20 kicks and only 6 turnovers, better than most. He also dominated the last quarter when the game was their to be won. His drives forward were invaluable and something no other mid was providing.
Trading him is absolutely ridiculous, you don't trade out blue chip stock

Wouldn't trade Noah for any of those players.

Noah has AA and Brownlow potential. Yes he's butchering it a little at the moment, but so was Touk early in his career - he's now one of our best ball users.

You don't trade a young core player for free agents.

I don't think anybody disagree - yes that was elite performance. Interestingly, our midfield stood up well to them in round 2.

Maybe consider that Oliver and Petracca are 4-5 years older and played 100+ more games than Anderson and Rowell. I would say Anderson and Rowell are tracking well.

By the way, did you see yesterday that Oliver awesome miss from directly in front under no pressure? Exactly the same like Anderson.

I don't think anybody disagree - yes that was elite performance. Interestingly, our midfield stood up well to them in round 2.

Maybe consider that Oliver and Petracca are 4-5 years older and played 100+ more games games than Anderson and Rowell. I would say Anderson and Rowell are tracking well.

By the way, did you see yesterday that Oliver awesome miss from directly in front under no pressure? Exactly the same like Anderson.
Poor DE doesn't stop a midfielder being elite. Trac and Oliver good examples. Dangerfield and Fyfe others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do agree that Ando needs to improve his kicking (and his contested marking' he big and strong enough to do a bit of that but he does not take any).

The good thing is that he is not Pat Malone amongst young mids in turning it over by foot. Sam Walsh and Bailey Smith have both been turnover merchants at different times.

Kicking and decision making can be improved and if Ando does then he can absolutely be a starting midfielder in a top 4 team.

All those names listed are Restricted Free Agents so it wouldn't cost us a thing as those clubs would not match what we would offer if we really wanted them anyways

There are alot of elite midfielders in the comp and most of them don't have the best kick, what they do have is the ability to get the ball in the contest and get it forward for their team.

Eg. Petracca, Oliver, Viney last night, they always look forward.

Right now we have Touk, Anderson & Rowell who are all doing the same tendancies, we don't have Laird, Keays, Crouch who stat pad kicking sideways and backwards.

Because we always looked forward we couldn't control the football in the last 7 minutes in the adelaide game but thats fine, we kicked another 4 goals? in 2 minutes

There are alot of elite midfielders in the comp and most of them don't have the best kick, what they do have is the ability to get the ball in the contest and get it forward for their team.

Eg. Petracca, Oliver, Viney last night, they always look forward.

Right now we have Touk, Anderson & Rowell who are all doing the same tendancies, we don't have Laird, Keays, Crouch who stat pad kicking sideways and backwards.

Because we always looked forward we couldn't control the football in the last 7 minutes in the adelaide game but thats fine, we kicked another 4 goals? in 2 minutes

Our 3 best mids are Touk 26, Anderson 20 & Rowell 20.

I think we are missing an A grade mid ideally around the 23-25yo bracket.

Fiorini & Bowes are the 2 guys that need to step up.

I have doubts Fiorini will ever become A grade so we desperately need to get Bowes into the midfield to see what he can produce.

Davies got the goods but still only a kid (in experience). Although he is clearly getting fast-tracked.

Our 3 best mids are Touk 26, Anderson 20 & Rowell 20.

I think we are missing an A grade mid ideally around the 23-25yo bracket.

Fiorini & Bowes are the 2 guys that need to step up.

I have doubts Fiorini will ever become A grade so we desperately need to get Bowes into the midfield to see what he can produce.

Davies got the goods but still only a kid (in experience). Although he is clearly getting fast-tracked.
Davies is just so incredibly clean and composed when picking up the ball and creating some space for himself, on that alone I know he is going to make it.
Just needs time.

Next year Rowell, Anderson, Davies will only get better also expect hollands to become a big part of it. Swallow still got a bit left to give too. Would like to see bowes blossom in there but seems he is going to be left to fill the gaps this year. Rankine is another that will add another dimension as he spends more time in the middle. Think we are in pretty good shape really

Next year Rowell, Anderson, Davies will only get better also expect hollands to become a big part of it. Swallow still got a bit left to give too. Would like to see bowes blossom in there but seems he is going to be left to fill the gaps this year. Rankine is another that will add another dimension as he spends more time in the middle. Think we are in pretty good shape really

Only takes an injury to Touk and our midfield goes pear shaped.

Would we want to go into a final with Anderson, Rowell & Fiorini as the starting mids?

Maybe Bowes steps up.

Swallow would struggle now being our #1 mid against a top 4 team.

Davies & Hollands will be great in a few years but too inexperienced for finals intensity in 2023.

Just saying a 23-25yo A grade mid fits our list nicely and could take us to the next level (and cover the what ifs). Finding and affording one is the other issue 🤷‍♂️

Similar to getting another key tall def/fwd.

Only takes an injury to Touk and our midfield goes pear shaped.

Would we want to go into a final with Anderson, Rowell & Fiorini as the starting mids?

Maybe Bowes steps up.

Swallow would struggle now being our #1 mid against a top 4 team.

Davies & Hollands will be great in a few years but too inexperienced for finals intensity in 2023.

Just saying a 23-25yo A grade mid fits our list nicely and could take us to the next level (and cover the what ifs). Finding and affording one is the other issue

Similar to getting another key tall def/fwd.
This year? I take finals. Without hesitation.

Matt Crouch is an interesting one. He handballs alot but I think that's coachable - look at Oliver. He finds it at will and can surge the ball forward, very well suited to our game.

He is All Australian quality but been dropped twice this season. His limits are obvious but when I watch our style, and watch how Melbourne get the best out of Oliver, I think he's at least gotta be at looked at. Great age/experience demographic, haven't heard anything negative outside of the footy field about him. Had some injuries but looks to have got his body right. Very interested

Matt Crouch is an interesting one. He handballs alot but I think that's coachable - look at Oliver. He finds it at will and can surge the ball forward, very well suited to our game.

He is All Australian quality but been dropped twice this season. His limits are obvious but when I watch our style, and watch how Melbourne get the best out of Oliver, I think he's at least gotta be at looked at. Great age/experience demographic, haven't heard anything negative outside of the footy field about him. Had some injuries but looks to have got his body right. Very interested
Dropped again by Crows. IMO, that tells you something.

God no, slow plodder who can't kick it more then 35 metres. Constantly handballs his team-mates into trouble and provides 0 defensive pressure.

Would enquire about Tarryn Thomas still. Something not right with him at North. Has all the weapons, would be flexible and can break out of the middle. Is right in that age bracket as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back