2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
dixon?

must be a good sort to have 4million available for a home

I wasn’t able to find out the name unfortunately, and if I did I would be able to say as I’d get sacked if it got out

My guess is Dixon or even Buddy, you need some serious coin for a 4 mill property so if they manage to pull something off it’s going to be huge, and if they don’t pull it of I guess we will never know

It’s killing me atm not knowing tbh

Someone can quote me in 2 years, but we're going to end up with so much egg on our face after that trade.

Will's going to be the next Jarryd Lyons case from us.

Hey everyone
Little bit if discussion about what Gold Coast plan on doing from this point re the draft

You think you will just take pick 3 and what might be the two last picks of the draft or split pick 3 to say pick 7 and a couple of 2nd round picks just to open up some options draft night should they arise

Hey everyone
Little bit if discussion about what Gold Coast plan on doing from this point re the draft

You think you will just take pick 3 and what might be the two last picks of the draft or split pick 3 to say pick 7 and a couple of 2nd round picks just to open up some options draft night should they arise
7, 15 and Bolton

Like any club with a top 3 pick it is incumbent on the club trying to get at that pick to wow the club.

With the amount of future 2nd Rd picks we have and limited list spots that creates more headaches than anything.

7 and 15 would have to be a starting point at the very least.

Like any club with a top 3 pick it is incumbent on the club trying to get at that pick to wow the club.

With the amount of future 2nd Rd picks we have and limited list spots that creates more headaches than anything.

7 and 15 would have to be a starting point at the very least.
Agree, not sure I would love the prospect of both 7 and 15 but if we managed to work out a way to get pick 20 off north with some creative trading for CCJ

7, 20 would be an interesting proposition for Gold Coast to consider

Agree, not sure I would love the prospect of both 7 and 15 but if we managed to work out a way to get pick 20 off north with some creative trading for CCJ

7, 20 would be an interesting proposition for Gold Coast to consider
Not really. We just shipped out 19 and 22 for future picks. I suspect Suns will be happy to use only 1 pick and fill out the remaining spots with academy kids.

Not really. We just shipped out 19 and 22 for future picks. I suspect Suns will be happy to use only 1 pick and fill out the remaining spots with academy kids.
Agree with this, reckon it would have to be 7 and next years 1st for the Suns to trade.

If we're just taking one player better just to use pick 3. It really needs to be overs to trade it away.

Freo on Brodie
"He’s a big, 190cm inside mid who has really good speed and is a good contested and clearance player,” Walls said

He has an impressive overhead game as well that we really want to explore. We can also see him playing inside, using his speed and his contested game, as well as pushing forward and utilising his overhead abilities to add a forward role to his game as well.

“He grew up as a big Fremantle supporter and he was really keen to come to us. He grew up in Shepparton and around the corner from where Michael Barlow grew up and he idolised Nat Fyfe coming through

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey everyone

I think we'll keep 3 and use the remaining two to list Academy guys. In the live draft we'll use one pick (3) and then be done.

I think we'll keep 3 and use the remaining two to list Academy guys. In the live draft we'll use one pick (3) and then be done.
Seems to be the consensus, thanks for the reply mate 👍🏻

also my condolences for sharing a team with Supersuns

Someone can quote me in 2 years, but we're going to end up with so much egg on our face after that trade.

Will's going to be the next Jarryd Lyons case from us.
I don't think the trade even starts as a like for like comparison with Lyons. You've definitely been a big supporter of his, but in two years time the narrative must also include the two trade periods of practically no interest for him. That's 16 other recruitment teams – Freo is the one and only and it took some draft pick incentives. Good luck to them if they've seen something where no other team has, the handful of Big footy experts who have might just be in the wrong line of work.

I hope he plays well, seems like a good guy, but it'll only be a story if the media 'decides' to leave out the years of disinterest in him.

Last edited:
Surely we take pick 3 to the draft and pick Callaghan. There is a clear top 4 in this draft, and with GWS tipped to grab a tall, All of the big clubs are clambering to try and get up the board to grab this kid he’s going to be a star.

If we split the pick and miss out on Callaghan I’ll 🤮 up.

Last edited:
Surely we take pick 3 to the draft and pick Callaghan. There is a clear top 4 in this draft, and with GWS tipped to grab a tall, All of the big clubs are clambering to try and get up the board to grab this kid he’s going to be a star.

If we split the pick and miss out on Callaghan I’ll 🤮 up.
How do we fix our ruck and defenders issues then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back