2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think he really wants to play anymore. Probably just staying for the money he's owed. For what he's done for Richmond even if he walked away tonight they would pay home everything he's owed.
He was playing hurt, and just like the prelim final against Collingwood in 2018 it probably cost them. He was sat forward most the game and kicked 1 goal.

If he's leaving Richmond he's probably retiring.

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

He was playing hurt, and just like the prelim final against Collingwood in 2018 it probably cost them. He was sat forward most the game and kicked 1 goal.

If he's leaving Richmond he's probably retiring.
Hardwick said Dusty was 80% for the game tonight but for all we know it could have been closer to like 50%. Don't think it's really fair to judge his ability on the one game tonight when we know he was playing restricted.

Just wondering, if Richmond want to move dusty along then obviously he has the right to his full salary. But if he wants out does he still have that right or does a contract need to be renegotiated? If he wants to move for his own mental health maybe the money isn't a factor. He is well and truly set up with a monster property portfolio so maybe it wouldn't be such a factor. I think I remember ablett doing something similar to get back to Geelong.

Hardwick said Dusty was 80% for the game tonight but for all we know it could have been closer to like 50%. Don't think it's really fair to judge his ability on the one game tonight when we know he was playing restricted.
The fault is 100% on the selection committee, they knew Martin was not 100% fit and chose to play him anyway and it cost them the game (and Lynch's miss). Keeping Martin out and letting Shai Bolton run between midfield and forward would've given them more options.

I still think even without injury Martin has dropped a considerable amount in the last 12 months and maybe he's just lost interest in the game.

“Western Bulldogs unrestricted free agent Jason Johannisen could be part of Gold Coast’s plan to inject speed at half-back as three Suns prepare to miss most or all of next season after ACL setbacks.

The 2016 Norm Smith medallist, whose five-year deal expires at season’s end, put contract negotiations with the Dogs on hold about a month ago and is surveying his options.

Gold Coast is asking around about defensive options, given Wil Powell, Connor Budarick and Lachie Weller all suffered major knee injuries”.

“Western Bulldogs unrestricted free agent Jason Johannisen could be part of Gold Coast’s plan to inject speed at half-back as three Suns prepare to miss most or all of next season after ACL setbacks.

The 2016 Norm Smith medallist, whose five-year deal expires at season’s end, put contract negotiations with the Dogs on hold about a month ago and is surveying his options.

Gold Coast is asking around about defensive options, given Wil Powell, Connor Budarick and Lachie Weller all suffered major knee injuries”.

Wouldn't mind JJ on peanuts at all. Was a gun at one point and has been forced to be a forward for ages.

He is not the dusty of old but his stats this year are still above average and takes the best defender inside 50 worth a shot I think
I would say his stats are about average. I wouldn't be paying him anything over 450k a year at this rate. Turns 32 next year and has started to struggle with form, injuries and a cloud hanging over his head about his interest in playing. Seems like a recipe for utter disaster.

“Gold Coast believes Martin will still stay at Richmond but would be open to a conversation with the triple Norm Smith Medallist if he wanted to escape Melbourne”.

I am a bit torn on this now. Was for it a few months back. Will just have to trust the due dilligence the club does.

That being said, the earlier point made about him drawing a good stopper wherever he plays is almost enough to warrant it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1662084284351.png

Barrett finally catching up. ;)

Tom Phillips was a shock but someone had to make way for Amon.
Model pro - worth a look.
Howe goes to North I'd guess - the other 2 weren't AFL standard.

I am a bit torn on this now. Was for it a few months back. Will just have to trust the due dilligence the club does.

That being said, the earlier point made about him drawing a good stopper wherever he plays is almost enough to warrant it.

Mate,as much as I respect Martin in his prime - physically,he is cooked,and mentally he doesn't want to play anymore deep down.

3 Flags 2 Norm Smiths a Brownlow etc etc
He has nothing to prove

The Martin you saw last night was as good as it gets now - $1.6 mil for that?

Hard pass.

Have another go at TT (not 100% over yet) if you are going to splash that sort of coin about - or go back and chat to Isak agin.

$1.6 would be better spent on Anderson,King and Rowell's new contracts.

I'm an optimist, if dusty wants to come to the suns I'd be happy for it. Would I chase him no. But if he wants to come it would be good for the club as long as his salary is the equivalent of what we were offering rankine and we only cough up 1 1st round pick maybe with a 3rd thrown in.
Last night he was clearly underdone I'm sure he can get back to some much better footy but the only query would be on his mental health and if we can keep him out of the spotlight and ensure his bad boy ways don't influence the kids.

Mate,as much as I respect Martin in his prime - physically,he is cooked,and mentally he doesn't want to play anymore deep down.

3 Flags 2 Norm Smiths a Brownlow etc etc
He has nothing to prove

The Martin you saw last night was as good as it gets now - $1.6 mil for that?

Hard pass.

Have another go at TT (not 100% over yet) if you are going to splash that sort of coin about - or go back and chat to Isak agin.

$1.6 would be better spent on Anderson,King and Rowell's new contracts.
Agree with most of this except the TT part. Flogging a dead horse with Clarkson there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back