Mega Thread 2023 AFL Finals Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Loving the GWS media on their Facebook page. That sort of humour should suit us to a T (moreso if they had FB in the early days), but not sure why the club doesn't seem to embrace it. Non-official fan sites seem to do better.

of course I'd love the Giants to win it all, but honestly if it was Carlton vs Collingwood, Melbourne will be nuts!!!
& I live in the Melbourne CBD!!!
but go Giants :)

Their social media has been fantastic but I am on the Collingwood train.
It's difficult. Hand outs team vs hand outs team. I'm just hoping for a good game.

I'd be gutted if the flipping giants got one before us. Already annoys me that they've made it there twice (more than us).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood the way to go.

No Hogan, no Neale, not Carlton.
I don't wish ill on anyone...

except Hogan. **** that guy.

Hope he does his achilles in the 1st quarter and they lose by a point, kicked after the siren by Ginnivan.

It's difficult. Hand outs team vs hand outs team. I'm just hoping for a good game.

I'd be gutted if the *ing giants got one before us. Already annoys me that they've made it there twice (more than us).
The Giant handout situation is galling BUT makes it a bit easier to accept for me - "If we'd had their advantages..." "If Hogan had swallowed his grow-up pills earlier..."

Plus, they're not the VFL AFL and they don't boast the guaranteed-frees-players, e.g. Pope Pendlebury and Canon Cripps (I choke/gag acknowledge they're good players, but still).

Re Lions-Blues, I still nurse a pointless grudge against Neale but nothing like my antagonism towards sneering bully Cripps. Plus, I still mourn the loss of Acres.

So for solidly negative reasons it's Giants & Lions for me.

I don't even care about Neale that much (in terms of not wanting him to win a flag). It's the others who I can't stand like Fagan and Zorko. Seeing those two lift the cup would make me puke. Then there are guys like Hipwood, Bailey, Rayner, Berry that I find really annoying with the way they act on the field.

If it is Collingwood v Brisbane (like I think it will be), I think I would have to go for Collingwood. Hopefully Ginnivan not in the 23. Whereas when they played in the Voss-Buckley era, it was very much the other way around.

Going to the game tonight.

Very hopeful the Giants pull off the upset, but have zero confidence it will happen.

I did witness them beat the Pies in a prelim a few years ago. God that was an amazing day

Please happen again!

Prediction - Giants tall forwards to be held very quiet, despite their mids winning the clearances. Pies smalls to run amok, Elliott and Hill in particular. Pies by 22

You could hear Gerard Wheatly just begging for a Carlton/Collingwood Gf on SEN show this week.

For that i hope its GWS/Brisbane plus being in Sydney there will be a bit more interest in the Granny if the Giants make it here.

Considering in the Rugby League there is only 1 sydney team left and no one wants them to win. So it will be flat GF week in Sydney for RL especially if the Giants go through.

I just can't see the Giants winning after a 6 day break, travelling, and a big Collingwood crowd. If they do win it will be one of the greatest finals wins you would think.
Brisbane should beat Carlton with home ground advantage and Carlton banged up and lucky to be there after oppo the last couple of weeks hasn't been able to kick straight.

I'm sort of inclined to agree that a Collingwood Carlton grand final would be morbidly interesting. In the sense that seeing a hydrogen bomb detonate would be cool for a bit until you had to deal with the fallout, or in this case, social media being flooded with two of the worst supporter bases imaginable.

Still much prefer a non-Vic team to win it, even if both of those options aren't exactly palatable either.

So guys, what is the margin required to ensure we don't hear from Carlton supporters for another 6 months?
Brisbane by 10 goals?
Brisbane by 80 points?
Brisbane by 100 points?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2023 AFL Finals Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back