AFL Grand Final 2023 AFL Grand Final - Collingwood Magpies vs Brisbane Lions at the MCG @ 2.30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

If you listened to the commentators, Frampton played a great game and kept Andrews quiet. FMD, in what universe!

Almost turned the sound down for all the barracking from the commentary team.

Anyone watch the Kayo feed? was thinking of switching.
Frampton one of the worst grand final performances I’ve ever seen. Any collingwood fan using the he played well on andrews card is clutching big time. He would’ve got subbed out if it wasn’t for Murphy getting concussed.

Was very surprised that moore only had 7 touches. Collingwood lucky they got the win otherwise there would’ve been a lot of heat coming for a few of them.

If lions got up I dare say the votes would’ve been a lot different.
Think they changed the voting until after the game, it used to be put in with 5 minutes to go.
If the Lions had've got up then Collingwood wouldn't have won the trophy either. But it's probably a waste of time talking about the things that didn't happen.

The umpiring was poor both ways, pies got some soft calls and some howlers against them.

If you want to discredit teams winning flags that's a fine stance to take but it comes across as sour grapes rather than some righteous stance.

Pies were the form team of the comp most of the year.
They also have a pretty likeable group, if I'm being honest. Was a good season by them.
I was about to click like then you lost me. Let’s review this likeable group…

1f45f3bd65963e06f4fd774c86ef695320711b90-16x9-x1y0w2446h1376.jpg

images

images

images

The umpiring was poor both ways, pies got some soft calls and some howlers against them.

If you want to discredit teams winning flags that's a fine stance to take but it comes across as sour grapes rather than some righteous stance.

Pies were the form team of the comp most of the year.
They also have a pretty likeable group, if I'm being honest. Was a good season by them.

I’m aware how it comes across as being a sore loser, but does that mean I should pretend I don’t see it as how I described just because others will perceive said opinion as poor sportsmanship? No I don’t think so.

It’s fine. I’m not going to bang on about it for ages but if people have a crack at me for it I’m not going to keep it to myself, back down or pretend I’ve changed my mind.

Last edited:
If the Lions had've got up then Collingwood wouldn't have won the trophy either. But it's probably a waste of time talking about the things that didn't happen.
But we are specifically talking about daniher and ns votes
I know collingwood won…

Sarah olle who voted was talking about it today and said all her votes would’ve likely have changed if the result went the other way and daniher would’ve gone close to bog in her votes

Sarah olle who voted was talking about it today and said all her votes would’ve likely have changed if the result went the other way and daniher would’ve gone close to bog in her votes
unless she’s talking about if the result went the other way it would have been because everyone played vastly differently to get that different result, this thinking is insane!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But we are specifically talking about daniher and ns votes
I know collingwood won…

This is exactly how I thought it was counted. The people judging are often media personalities first and football analysists second. It's all narrative creation, it's ****ing stupid.

unless she’s talking about if the result went the other way it would have been because everyone played vastly differently to get that different result, this thinking is insane!

Only 1 goal in it, doesn't take much difference to get the Brisbane win (though Collingwood should have had it by a few goals given the scoring shots). A few missed goals from Brisbane players or burned opportunities going forward that could easily have changed the outcome.

Hell, Collingwood were pretty lucky Melbourne and GWS were very inaccurate in their other finals to even get through to the GF.

Wow puts into perspective how bad McGrath is if a player delisted last year in Markov is the better player than a pick 1 draftee.

Lest we forget McGrath absolutely pantsed Charlie Cameron and Cameron has now smashed Saad and Maynard in consecutive weeks.

Lest we forget McGrath absolutely pantsed Charlie Cameron and Cameron has now smashed Saad and Maynard in consecutive weeks.

McGrath can be very, very good defensively. Just doesn't quite have the offensive run and carry he looked to have early in his career.

Still think he's carrying a bit too much weight for a defender.

Only 1 goal in it, doesn't take much difference to get the Brisbane win (though Collingwood should have had it by a few goals given the scoring shots). A few missed goals from Brisbane players or burned opportunities going forward that could easily have changed the outcome.

Hell, Collingwood were pretty lucky Melbourne and GWS were very inaccurate in their other finals to even get through to the GF.
this is all true, but I may have not been clear:

If Brisbane jagged a goal on the siren to win, for example, and ALL the votes were to change as a result of that, and someone who didnt even get votes would be suddenly BOG, then that is crazy talk.

this is all true, but I may have not been clear:

If Brisbane jagged a goal on the siren to win, for example, and ALL the votes were to change as a result of that, and someone who didnt even get votes would be suddenly BOG, then that is crazy talk.

I do think they'd go looking to find a Brisbane player or two to give votes to instead of throwing 1 to Pendlebury for example.

Daniher was pretty much the best of the KPPs and Ruckmen, so I reckon he'd have picked up some voting.

We would have won it too, if we didn't lose so many games and play so bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back