Analysis 2023 All Australian Team Awards Night

Remove this Banner Ad

Liam Ryan has started this year very well. Getting back to his AA year of 2020.

WC’s best shout by far 2 rounds in. As fit as he has ever looked.

Errol's a gun. Logan is starting to show why i desperately hoped we could get him too

Aye re both kids. Reckon Errol may prove our best mid since Greg Williams. He and the Daicos boys will have fantastic battles over the next 12+ years.

Logan has a big tank, good footy iq and skills. Has put on some size.which is helping him. We are delighted to have him.

Agreed on Oliver

On Ashcroft - is now the first player to have 30+ P 9+ C and one plus goal inside his first two games. Beat the previous record (Greene) by 9 games. Would have been even more impressive sans blackout.

Dare I say it, unprecedented ;)
Oliver would be ahead of Cripps

But neither would be in

FB: L. Ryan Weitering Sinclair
HB: Daicos Lever Sheezel
C: Sidebottom LDU M. Wood
HF: Gulden J. Cameron Rozee
FF: Larkey C. Curnow T. Greene
R: English T. Green Mills
INT: Saad J. McGovern Pendles Parish

Stiff: Witts, Dunkley, Petracca/Oliver, Cripps, D. Cameron, Redman, B. Cox, De Goey and Horne-Francis
FB: L. Ryan B.Cox Redman
HB: Daicos Lever Sheezel
C: Sinclair LDU Mills
HF: Gulden J. Cameron M.Wood
FF: C. Curnow Larkey T. Greene
R: Cameron T. Green Parish
INT: D.Rioli Sidebottom Pendles Coniglio
Good to see Maso Wood getting some recognition. Been in the coaches votes in his last 3 games and top 3 in two of them, playing at least 3 different roles/positions in those games (wing, forward, and last weekend, behind the ball). And had 28 disposals, 15 marks and kicked a goal in the official practice match in between.

Finally starting to consistently live up to his potential.

Btw, Lever leads the competition in intercept possessions to further stamp his credentials.

But take heart, a well-known Carlton moron agrees with your view.

Wow Jakey....
11 intercept marks for the year level with McGovern, that is an outstanding effort...so much better than Moore's 8.
And so many contested grabs as well.....ooops. Poor Jakey only has one of those....you know, when he actually has to beat someone else. Darcy Moore's pretty crap at contested stuff...so he's only taken 5 of those (3rd in the league) Oh my....Will Hoskin Elliott has taken more contested marks than Jakey too.

I really should check these stats more often rather than just trusting my own eyes when I watch footy. Then I'd know who the AA team captain would be. According to these stats Dustin Martin will be AA captain and CHB....;):cool:

Marshall beat him though.

On Pixel 4a (5G) using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah, I'm not sure. I watched the game. I thought both played well. I mean both rucks do the centre hitouts, and they have about only 10% of their hitouts that are actually hitouts to advantage and then after that they're basically just midfielders like everyone else. And both were great around the ground. Both the same number of touches, English kicked a goal. Both tackled, both marked, both got clearances.

Yeah, I'm not sure. I watched the game. I thought both played well. I mean both rucks do the centre hitouts, and they have about only 10% of their hitouts that are actually hitouts to advantage and then after that they're basically just midfielders like everyone else. And both were great around the ground. Both the same number of touches, English kicked a goal. Both tackled, both marked, both got clearances.
It was a good contest to be honest.

I thought English was good early and Marshall stronger as the match went on.

On Pixel 4a (5G) using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Moore makes AA again it will be farcicle. Bloke is one of the worst 1 on 1 defenders in the league despite what stats say, trails his man by 20m most of the time so his contests aren't even counted as one on ones and has the sh*ttest haircut in the competition. Last year just about every good KPF took him to the cleaners each and every time they played against him. Curnow twice, Cameron twice, Lynch, J Kennedy, Daniher, Naughton, M Lewis, Larkey, Tex... Hell, even Jesse Hogan kicked 4 on him. His history of actually stopping his opponents is terrible despite the many good things he brings to a team.

He's a tall half back not a key defender.

Give me Taylor, Weitering, May, Cox, SDK, Lever or Pearce over him any day.

If Moore makes AA again it will be farcicle. Bloke is one of the worst 1 on 1 defenders in the league despite what stats say, trails his man by 20m most of the time so his contests aren't even counted as one on one contests and has the sh*ttest haircut in the competition. Last year just about every good KPF took him to the cleaners each and every time they played against him. Curnow twice, Cameron twice, Lynch, J Kennedy, Daniher, Naughton, M Lewis, Larkey, Tex... Hell, even Jesse Hogan kicked 4 on him. His history of actually stopping his opponents is terrible despite the many good things he brings to a team.

Yes we know. Anything Collingwood related gives you raging hate. Get it all out. Its round 2 for FFS. :tearsofjoy:. Im just excited that we've got the shittest key defender in history and you guys have the last 2 Coleman medallists and still cant beat us. Get around us. :cool:

If Moore makes AA again it will be farcicle. Bloke is one of the worst 1 on 1 defenders in the league despite what stats say, trails his man by 20m most of the time so his contests aren't even counted as one on ones and has the sh*ttest haircut in the competition. Last year just about every good KPF took him to the cleaners each and every time they played against him. Curnow twice, Cameron twice, Lynch, J Kennedy, Daniher, Naughton, M Lewis, Larkey, Tex... Hell, even Jesse Hogan kicked 4 on him. His history of actually stopping his opponents is terrible despite the many good things he brings to a team.

You sound bitter champ.

Wow Jakey....
11 intercept marks for the year level with McGovern, that is an outstanding effort...so much better than Moore's 8.
And so many contested grabs as well.....ooops. Poor Jakey only has one of those....you know, when he actually has to beat someone else. Darcy Moore's pretty crap at contested stuff...so he's only taken 5 of those (3rd in the league) Oh my....Will Hoskin Elliott has taken more contested marks than Jakey too.

I really should check these stats more often rather than just trusting my own eyes when I watch footy. Then I'd know who the AA team captain would be. According to these stats Dustin Martin will be AA captain and CHB....;):cool:
You're obviously a dope.

Darcy Moore last year vs KPFs

Curnow - 4.2, 2.5
Cameron - 6.1, 3.2
Lynch - 6.1
Daniher - 4.1
Naughton - 3.3
Lewis - 4.0
Larkey - 5.1
Tex - 5.1
Hogan - 4.0
Casboult - 4.4

Gotta be close to the worst record of any big name KPD. 15 games of his direct opponent kicking 3 or more on him and 10 games where they had more 5 or more shots on goal. Taylor in comparison had only 7 occasions he had 3 or more kicked on him despite being in a far worse team. May only 6.

Would have been a shoe in for the reverse coleman if they released the results last year.

Needs to turn that around if he's going to be in discussions again, which no doubt he will be with the Pies up and about.

Carlton fans still living in some fantasy world whereby Weitering is better than Moore 🤣🤣🤣 it’s 2023 champ

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2023 All Australian Team Awards Night

Remove this Banner Ad

Back