Analysis 2023 All Australian Team Awards Night

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s already been two rounds in and we haven’t started whinging about which of our favourite players should be in the rolling All Australian Team.

I’ll start us off.

FB: L.Ryan - Weitering - D.Rioli
HB: N.Daicos - J.Lever - Sinclair

C: J.Daicos - Green - Kelly
OB: Witts - LDU - Mills

HF: De Goey - J.Cameron - Greene
FF: Pickett - Larkey - C.Curnow

Interchange: Parish, Langford, Taranto & Sheezel
Like it.
Which kelly is that?

And do we do a sub?
Id have pendles in somewhere. Was immense v. the cats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really should check these stats more often rather than just trusting my own eyes when I watch footy. Then I'd know who the AA team captain would be. According to these stats Dustin Martin will be AA captain and CHB....;):cool:
Surely the great Dustin Martin is still the highest rated 'General forward' and on track for his 5th All-Australian?

Stewart will still make it in the end. Gun

Would expect so if he plays close to a full season. Our best player - although Cameron is starting to draw close.

His record is something else - 4AA in 6 years. Year one he was straight out of the VFL and the only other year he missed AA he would have made it if not for injury.

Darcy Moore last year vs KPFs

Curnow - 4.2, 2.5
Cameron - 6.1, 3.2
Lynch - 6.1
Daniher - 4.1
Naughton - 3.3
Lewis - 4.0
Larkey - 5.1
Tex - 5.1
Hogan - 4.0
Casboult - 4.4

Gotta be close to the worst record of any big name KPD. 15 games of his direct opponent kicking 3 or more on him and 10 games where they had more 5 or more shots on goal. Taylor in comparison had only 7 occasions he had 3 or more kicked on him despite being in a far worse team. May only 6.

Would have been a shoe in for the reverse coleman if they released the results last year.

Needs to turn that around if he's going to be in discussions again, which no doubt he will be with the Pies up and about.
I agree. And I like posts where someone has actually done their research. But when teams come up against Collingwood they're not worried about a Darcy Moore. Its your Daicos', Howes, DeGoeys etc. I think he's a good leader but in terms of pure 1 on 1, he isnt that great.

Very early, but I'm procrastinating...

Trying to tell the 'story' of the year so far:

b: Rampe, Moore, D Rioli
hb: N. Daicos, Lever, Ryan
c: Gulden, Oliver, Brayshaw
hf: Langford, Cameron, Greene
f: Pickett, Larkey, Mihocek
Foll: Witts, LDU, Parish

Bench: De Goey, Mills, Warner, Darcy Cameron

unlucky: Rankine (just needs to kick straight), Rowell (just needs some wins), Charlie Curnow (excellent, but Cameron outplayed him in the same game), Pendlebury, Hopper, Taranto (those two probably hurt each other's case), J-H-F, Ben Brown, B Cox (tossed up including him but not quite sure where), Sheezel, Owens, everyone else on Sydney and everyone else on Collingwood

Hardest spot was full back (as always) - hard to balance players there (is it better to hold an opposition FF scoreless in a big win, or keep them to 3 goals in a big loss, or have a lot of intercepts, or a lot of spoils...)

Rampe Weitering L Ryan
Daicos McGovern Sheezel
Z Merrett Green Mills
Greene Cameron Dunkley
L Ryan Lynch Mihochek

Marshall
LDU
Oliver

Bench
J Daicos Rozee Larkey Curnow

Now I think about it no room for Brayshaw yet, too many good performances.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2023 All Australian Team Awards Night

Remove this Banner Ad

Back