Analysis 2023 All Australian Team Awards Night

Remove this Banner Ad

English being in is a joke would be the least intimidating ruck I’ve seen.

Gawn a far better ruck Marshall a far better mobile ruck.

Least they only picked one ruck. Tex can technically play that FWD line ruck

"Dusty is a lock".

Locked out, I guess.
It's a joke that Stewart, Enright and Scarlett have about 22 All-Australians between them.
Geelong gets a loose defender who gets stats against weak teams every year at Kardinia Park.
If you play as a lose defender, anyone can get good stats.
Stewart is one of the most overated defenders of all time.
Maybe next year he'll play on someone and get in a few contests.

Think it will be something like this.

FB: Stewart, Weitering, Sicily
HB: N. Daicos, Moore, Sinclair
CT: J. Daicos, Green, Gulden
HF: Petracca, Larkey, Greene
FF: C. Cameron, Curnow, Walker
RU: English, Bontempelli, Butters
INT: Marshall, Serong, Rozee, Dawson

Was pretty close. Overall, it’s one of the better All-Australian teams they’ve picked in recent years. Genuine wingers. Less stuffing players in where they didn’t play.

Not really. Wasn’t ahead of the two flanks and Larkey has 70 goals in basically a spoon team. Which forward Or Larkey are you taking out?
Larkey's 70 goals aren't as good as Dusty's checks notes ranking of Equal 50th for goals.
Shocking snub.

/Tiger nuffie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Larkey's 70 goals aren't as good as Dusty's checks notes ranking of Equal 50th for goals.
Shocking snub.

/Tiger nuffie

Look he probably deserves the squad pick but that’s it. Was behind all the forwards and possibly Langford too

Not really. Wasn’t ahead of the two flanks and Larkey has 70 goals in basically a spoon team. Which forward Or Larkey are you taking out?
Larkey is not as good a player as Martin . Martin had the highest possesion count for a forward in 18 years and led 2 other categories.
Larkey kicking bags against West Coast is just junktime stats.

It's a joke that Stewart, Enright and Scarlett have about 22 All-Australians between them.
Geelong gets a loose defender who gets stats against weak teams every year at Kardinia Park.
If you play as a lose defender, anyone can get good stats.
Stewart is one of the most overated defenders of all time.
Maybe next year he'll play on someone and get in a few contests.
Stewart had 66 more intercepts, 74 more rebound 50s and 113 more effective kicks than the next best Geelong player. 12 times the coaches recognised him for his efforts. Without him we'd have conceded 500 more points.

Very good team.

Only two line ball decisions for me were Wilkie/Andrews and English/Marshall (I would have gone Marshall personally but I know most disagree).

Can’t argue with any of the other selections, and it’s fantastic to see two second year players in Daicos and Gulden thoroughly deserve their spots.

Larkey is not as good a player as Martin . Martin had the highest possesion count for a forward in 18 years and led 2 other categories.
Larkey kicking bags against West Coast is just junktime stats.

Larkey doesn’t get to face North! Would have won the Coleman! Possession stats…it’s a forwardline! Possessions are for mids

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2023 All Australian Team Awards Night

Remove this Banner Ad

Back