AFL 2023 Brownlow,Battle of the Bulls

Remove this Banner Ad

ANY BETS POSTED AFTER THE COUNT IS FINISHED WITHOUT PRIOR POSTING WHETHER WINNING OR LOSING WILL GET AN AUTOMATIC RED CARD

I just fail to believe Naicos is 5-6 votes ahead atm as some claim

Surely its Bont/Trac's to lose from here

6 bucks on offer now for Naicos surely mammoth unders

Those who have him 5-6 votes ahead with 3 games to go will be all over the $6. Sadly for them, I struggle to see how he's that far ahead and will be overtaken by both Bont and Trac (if he hasnt already)

I just fail to believe Naicos is 5-6 votes ahead atm as some claim
He definitely has the potential to be on 30+ votes right now which, before this round anyway, would've had him well ahead of the pack.

I guess it depends on how you think the umpires will view him. He polled 11 last year as a first year player running around half-back which was slightly above most people's expectations of him, and he's had a lot more hype around him this year. He's genuinely turned games single-handedly with 10-15 minutes bursts of brilliance (ANZAC Day, for example). Collingwood don't have any other superstars consistently stealing votes - maybe De Goey early but he's dropped off since his suspension. He has everything going in his favour.

Small sample size, but he handles a tag better than Bont IMO.

Edit: maybe not
Hhhahaha yeh he was not looking good saturday but Mcguiness is elite im talking his record when he fully goes to someone is elite... up there with the best taggers ever kinda stuff but obviously smaller sample size. it shows how the taggers still have a huge role in the right situations

Hhhahaha yeh he was not looking good saturday but Mcguiness is elite im talking his record when he fully goes to someone is elite... up there with the best taggers ever kinda stuff but obviously smaller sample size. it shows how the taggers still have a huge role in the right situations
Daicos has been terrible when he has copped any attention, disposal is horrendous and was just able to fill the stat sheet in the past.

I think Bont's range is pretty tight while Petracca and others below them have plenty of matches they can poll in whereas Bont has games where he is just minimal chance.

Bont is much harder to tag and its no guarantee he is tagged this week, he can also go forward and dominate Finn, unlike Nick, every chance Hawks stick Finn back to half forward to tag a Bailey Dale type and let their midfield win the battle instead.

Daicos has been terrible when he has copped any attention, disposal is horrendous and was just able to fill the stat sheet in the past.

I think Bont's range is pretty tight while Petracca and others below them have plenty of matches they can poll in whereas Bont has games where he is just minimal chance.

Bont is much harder to tag and its no guarantee he is tagged this week, he can also go forward and dominate Finn, unlike Nick, every chance Hawks stick Finn back to half forward to tag a Bailey Dale type and let their midfield win the battle instead.
Amazing insight and very well thought out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top 20 after Round 22
34 - N Daicos
28 - C Petracca M Bontempelli
23 - Z Butters C Rozee T Taranto

22 - C Serong
20 - E Gulden L Neale
19 - T Greene Z Merrett

18- J Dawson J Sinclair N Anderson
17- P Cripps J Viney J Newcombe
15- D Parish C Warner
14 - C Curnow C Oliver

Top 20 after Round 22
34 - N Daicos

22 - C Serong
20 - E Gulden L Neale
19 - T Greene Z Merrett

15- D Parish C Warner
14 - C Curnow C Oliver

Still backing daicos?

Live Leaderboard (Round 22)NameVotes
1N. Daicos, M. Bontempelli28.5
3C. Petracca27.5
4L. Neale23
5Z. Butters21.5
6T. Taranto21
7E. Gulden20
8J. Dawson19.5
9Z. Merrett19
10P. Cripps18.5

Top 20 after Round 22
34 - N Daicos

22 - C Serong
20 - E Gulden L Neale
19 - T Greene Z Merrett

15- D Parish C Warner
14 - C Curnow C Oliver
How do you see Daicos getting 34? I have him on 32.

30 N Daicos
29 M Bontempelli
27.5 C Petracca
25 Z Butters
22.5 T Taranto, Z Merrett
21 L Neale, N Anderson
20 E Gulden
19.5 C Rozee, J Dawson
19 T Greene
17.5 C Serong, J Newcombe
16.5 P Cripps
15.5 J Sinclair
15 C Warner
14.5 S Coniglio
14 C Curnow, D Parish

T10
30. N.Daicos, Petracca
25. Butters
21. Taranto, Bont, Serong
19. Anderson, Toby Greene, Gulden
18. Rozee

Have probably under polled Bont by a couple votes, but i do think Libba will steal some off him.

T10
30. N.Daicos, Petracca
25. Butters
21. Taranto, Bont, Serong
19. Anderson, Toby Greene, Gulden
18. Rozee

Have probably under polled Bont by a couple votes, but i do think Libba will steal some off him.
I have Bont on 21-22. Don’t think he is that close to Daicos as everyone is saying. Libba definitely steals some votes off.

Petracca a chance of no votes this week and a tough trip to Sydney the week after.

There’s a chance Daicos holds on.

The year Bont polled 33 when Wines won I had him about 4-5 short of that tally.

Libba's polled 13 votes through his last 3 years combined. Understand he's probably gone to a new level this season but he's had plenty of productive games in the past that have gone unnoticed from my own experience.

I have good positions on both so not really arguing one way or the other but Bont is definitely the guy who can pick up votes where we don't expect him too.

The year Bont polled 33 when Wines won I had him about 4-5 short of that tally.

Libba's polled 13 votes through his last 3 years combined. Understand he's probably gone to a new level this season but he's had plenty of productive games in the past that have gone unnoticed from my own experience.

I have good positions on both so not really arguing one way or the other but Bont is definitely the guy who can pick up votes where we don't expect him too.
That is probably the only year he has overpolled though, tends to poll as expected or below.
Polls plenty of 3s but not much else which is fine but means hes polling in less games then other contenders.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2023 Brownlow,Battle of the Bulls

Remove this Banner Ad

Back