Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:
but that's dangerous territory. Drafting needs over best available.
definitely a major concern. Let's go back to when I was widely criticised for saying we needed to draft 5 key forwards. Turns out I was spot on. As if you draft 5 or 6, 2 or 3 will work out.

It's like 3 posts apart ffs

Drafting a tall for the sake of it and you end up with someone like Jefferson, who nobody here seems very confident in making it.
Far too early to write him off.

definitely too early to write him off but even on draft night JT didn't seem overly rapt to have picked him.
I don't think we've wrapped with anyone from the last couple main drafts considering how aggressively we wanted to trade

You are always talking our list down. Real supporters like me love our boys and will always back them in.
I enjoy your sarcasm!

But yeh I just can’t see it with Jeffo. And you’re right - I’m usually pretty optimistic!

If we are lucky then he becomes a third tall in 3 or 4 years time who doesn’t touch it much but nails his set shots and requires defending.

Reckon he’ll be delisted or traded in 2 or 3 years though.

I enjoy your sarcasm!

But yeh I just can’t see it with Jeffo. And you’re right - I’m usually pretty optimistic!

If we are lucky then he becomes a third tall in 3 or 4 years time who doesn’t touch it much but nails his set shots and requires defending.

Reckon he’ll be delisted or traded in 2 or 3 years though.

I didnt expect much last year, we knew when we drafted him that it would be 2-3 years at minimum. He was less than 80 kegs as a KPF coming in.
Got to remember he was competing with a lot of senior players in the Casey forward line last year, Grundy, TMac, Brown. JVR & Melk at times etc etc... I didnt think he was that bad in the games I saw. Some flashes there. We will find out more once Brown and TMac **** off next year and he has two years of an AFL weight program under his belt.

I didnt expect much last year, we knew when we drafted him that it would be 2-3 years at minimum. He was less than 80 kegs as a KPF coming in.
Got to remember he was competing with a lot of senior players in the Casey forward line last year, Grundy, TMac, Brown. JVR & Melk at times etc etc... I didnt think he was that bad in the games I saw. Some flashes there. We will find out more once Brown and TMac * off next year and he has two years of an AFL weight program under his belt.

Yeah I'm in the same boat, his first year was basically a write-off because of all the guys already in the VFL team taking up his space.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

definitely a major concern. Let's go back to when I was widely criticised for saying we needed to draft 5 key forwards. Turns out I was spot on. As if you draft 5 or 6, 2 or 3 will work out.

Danster: "We need to draft 5 key forward!"

Also Danster: "I hope we pick the best key defender or the midget small forward"

Screenshot_20231223_075425_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20231223_075452_Chrome.jpg

I think we needed to draft at least 1 key tall this draft. 5 in the one area of the ground is madness. But we are now in a position where our best young tall prospect wants to go back to Adelaide and our two best tall players are at the end of their career, yet we really don't have any other prospects that look decent other than JVR(assuming Petty leaves). It's early, but I'm not sold on Jefferson or Adams. Both have time, but have shown very little at the lower level so far and Brown and Tmac will just get in Jeffe's way of development. Trading for talls is very very costly, so it's odd we didn't go into this draft looking for 1 or 2.
Danster: "We need to draft 5 key forward!"

Also Danster: "I hope we pick the best key defender or the midget small forward"

View attachment 1876944View attachment 1876945
And? This shows nothing. You realise that we traded pick 27 and 35 right?...I would've kept those picks and taken 2 key forwards. With early picks, you go best available. Pretty simple concept to understand I would've thought.

And? This shows nothing. You realise that we traded pick 27 and 35 right?...I would've kept those picks and taken 2 key forwards. With early picks, you go best available. Pretty simple concept to understand I would've thought.

Can you tell us exactly which two key forwards you would have taken with what those picks would have ended up being for us? Be interesting to see how much impact both have in 2024.

This is a bit of a self-fullfilling prophecy. You're saying you need to draft 6 key forwards because half of them won't make it but recommending we reach for key forwards with second rounders who probably won't make it.

Ideal list management would see us with a couple of good tall forwards in the senior team and a couple more young ones coming through the VFL. 1 more experienced tall to help the young guys in the VFL and maybe a final back up type who is a good VFL player but only used in the seniors if needed.

We actually aren’t too far off that but we’ve gone overboard with Schache and BBB still on the list (I could handle TMac for another year).

Jefferson not showing much plus Petty on the move has ****ed us a bit.

I’m still hopeful that we can use the Petty picks to trade for needs.

Ideal list management would see us with a couple of good tall forwards in the senior team and a couple more young ones coming through the VFL. 1 more experienced tall to help the young guys in the VFL and maybe a final back up type who is a good VFL player but only used in the seniors if needed.

We actually aren’t too far off that but we’ve gone overboard with Schache and BBB still on the list (I could handle TMac for another year).

Jefferson not showing much plus Petty on the move has ****ed us a bit.

I’m still hopeful that we can use the Petty picks to trade for needs.

Who has this? No one

This is a bit of a self-fullfilling prophecy. You're saying you need to draft 6 key forwards because half of them won't make it but recommending we reach for key forwards with second rounders who probably won't make it.

I would rather take some KPF's with 27 & 35 and hope one develops into a player rather than running it back with T-Mac and BBB.

Hell, we could have sent Melkshakes to the knackery and use a rookie spot on a KPP.

I would rather take some KPF's with 27 & 35 and hope one develops into a player rather than running it back with T-Mac and BBB.

Hell, we could have sent Melkshakes to the knackery and use a rookie spot on a KPP.

Then name them. Which key forwards would you have taken with those picks?

Few posters trying to say we'd be better off using those picks but seemingly not willing to say who they would have specifically picked.

Cheap seats stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back