Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:
Petty camp have certainly handled this whole thing in an interesting way. Rarely do you see a contracted player be so open about wanting a move.
Got 2 yrs left too, all these random other supporters coming in and saying we'll be sry we didn't take pick 10 when he's OOC next yr and he has 2 yrs left so I'm not sure what he's doing.

This whole thing makes me super anti drafting anyone from out of VIC, just waiting for JVR to ask to leave in a yr or 2. At the same time half our list is from interstate, but man if Petty and Jackson were here long term there would be a lot less questions about our list. Jackson is only not the 2nd coming of Tom $cully because he won us a premiership in 2021.

I wonder if this plays in to the whole thing with Curtin too. You'd certainly rather a VIC kid, even Tasmanian is a risk now with Tassy getting a team soon. I don't envy the job of JT weighing all this stuff up. Can't br easy trying to decide who's a flight risk and who isn't.

Got 2 yrs left too, all these random other supporters coming in and saying we'll be sry we didn't take pick 10 when he's OOC next yr and he has 2 yrs left so I'm not sure what he's doing.

This whole thing makes me super anti drafting anyone from out of VIC, just waiting for JVR to ask to leave in a yr or 2. At the same time half our list is from interstate, but man if Petty and Jackson were here long term there would be a lot less questions about our list. Jackson is only not the 2nd coming of Tom $cully because he won us a premiership in 2021.

I wonder if this plays in to the whole thing with Curtin too. You'd certainly rather a VIC kid, even Tasmanian is a risk now with Tassy getting a team soon. I don't envy the job of JT weighing all this stuff up. Can't br easy trying to decide who's a flight risk and who isn't.

Don’t dick around. Don’t second guess. Don’t speculate on ‘flight risk’. Just make your list of best available and pick accordingly.

It isn't about drafting kids from interstate, we're the only Vic club who seems to have issues with this. Something really stinks here.

It isn't about drafting kids from interstate, we're the only Vic club who seems to have issues with this. Something really stinks here.

Interstate recruits can't handle our high performing culture.

shocked donald glover GIF

Coming back here after a few days off. This place is insane :drunk:

Or in MFC parlance, "high-performing" with a variety of individuals doing the wrong thing.
It certainly reflects poorly on the leadership group of this board, whoever they are :cautiousv1:

Has Kynan Brown or us nominated for father son yet? I reckon they are hoping no one makes a play that way i believe we can just add to our rookie list if no bids for him on draft night is this correct?
I haven't heard any news that he has. Either way, it's no biggie. I'm sure if there's a bid we'll offer up pick 42. But he looks like a rookie pick to me. His skills are just too poor.

I haven't seen him play live or at training but I've watched a couple of Brown's match compilations and I sure don't believe he's anywhere near as bad of a kick as #ATG expert Danster thinks he is. Seems a guy who's a neat enough kick over 25 to 35ms and aware of his limitations to me. Weighted a couple of beautiful passes to a leading forward going inside 50 in the championships.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's got a nice kicking technique. Not overly physically developed so would hardly be surprising he didn't look a million bucks doing match sim with an AFL side at age 17.

Would be more than happy taking him late or as a rookie. Expect he'd be earmarked as a back pocket rather than a midfielder.

I haven't seen him play live or at training but I've watched a couple of Brown's match compilations and I sure don't believe he's anywhere near as bad of a kick as #ATG expert Danster thinks he is. Seems a guy who's a neat enough kick over 25 to 35ms and aware of his limitations to me. Weighted a couple of beautiful passes to a leading forward going inside 50 in the championships.
Yeah from the clips you shared he looked solid. Some of his handballs were a bit meh but kicking seemed fine to me. Can hit a good chip for a leader and doesn't overdo it as you say.

So the deadline for nominating the father son picks is passed. So we didn’t nominate? We could also have nominated as a rookie but I haven’t heard that either. This from an article a few days ago. Doesn’t seem like we have nominated but isn’t all that clear.
The Western Bulldogs have already committed to taking father-son talent Jordan Croft, while other potential father-sons later in the draft or as rookies include Kynan Brown at Melbourne and Indhi Kirk at Sydney.

Hawks to nominate exciting key defender as father-son selection

So the deadline for nominating the father son picks is passed. So we didn’t nominate? We could also have nominated as a rookie but I haven’t heard that either. This from an article a few days ago. Doesn’t seem like we have nominated but isn’t all that clear.
The Western Bulldogs have already committed to taking father-son talent Jordan Croft, while other potential father-sons later in the draft or as rookies include Kynan Brown at Melbourne and Indhi Kirk at Sydney.

Hawks to nominate exciting key defender as father-son selection
It sounds like he's just not good enough. Even if he was on the fringe of making it, you'd expect him to be nominated. Rookie might be a chance but it's looking like we're gonna pass him up.

It sounds like he's just not good enough. Even if he was on the fringe of making it, you'd expect him to be nominated. Rookie might be a chance but it's looking like we're gonna pass him up.
Agree. As we didn’t nominate even as a rookie seems that we aren’t keen. Seemed to have a decent year particularly towards the end if I recall correctly. Plus played for Vic Metro.
Having said all that majority of draft watchers had him as late to rookie all year.

Agree. As we didn’t nominate even as a rookie seems that we aren’t keen. Seemed to have a decent year particularly towards the end if I recall correctly. Plus played for Vic Metro.
Having said all that majority of draft watchers had him as late to rookie all year.
I think he's just more of what we've got plenty of unfortunately.

His old man wasn't highly thought of as a youngster either, similar, a small dude, if hes anything like his dad you know hell work his ass off to get the most out of himself. Id absolutely hope we give him a shot as a rookie just for the bloodline, his game tape is fine albeit unspectacular.

Woey Jnr thought of similarly his draft year.

Having a look at the Kynan Brown thread on land, dazzledavey36 getting told off for being a terrible supporter for saying Ben Brown is not good. Typical land behaviour. :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
Having a look at the Kynan Brown thread on land, dazzledavey36 getting told off for being a terrible supporter for saying Brown is not good. Typical land behaviour. :tearsofjoy:
I don't know why I even bother anymore to be honest.

You say anything remotely negative or dare to question any of the club decisions especially of recent and you either get your head ripped off by the general nufties on there or you get a warning.

Their refusal to have any open discussions around the recent events is utterly pathetic. Threads get banned or deleted immediately if anyone tries to mention Oliver, Goodwin or the SEN discussion.

It's no wonder we have reputation as one of the softest and delusional supporter base in the country. That forum right that typifies all of that in one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back