Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:

Twomey and Sheehan just did their 'club needs' mock draft on Gettable. Not based on rumours, just their perceptions on list needs and who they would take.

1. Reid (West Coast) – Twomey
2. Walter (Gold Coast) – Sheehan
3. Curtin (North) – Sheehan
4. McKercher (North) – Twomey
5. Duursma (Hawthorn) – Sheehan
6. Watson (Bulldogs) – Twomey
7. Read (Gold Coast match) – Sheehan
8. O'Sullivan (Melbourne) – Sheehan
9. Caddy (GWS) – Twomey
10. Sanders (Geelong) – Sheehan
11. Windsor (Essendon) – Twomey
12. Leake (Adelaide) – Sheehan
13. Wilson (Melbourne) – Twomey
14. Croft (Bulldogs) – Sheehan
15. Hardeman (Sydney) – Sheehan
16. Rogers (Gold Coast match) – Twomey
17. Tholstrup (St Kilda) – Twomey
18. McCabe (Hawthorn match) – Sheehan
19. DeMattia (Adelaide) – Sheehan
20. Green (North) – Twomey

I like O'Sullivan and Wilson enough, but I'd be pretty bummed if we didn't come away with at least one of Curtin, Leake and Windsor (I still want two of them).

Twomey and Sheehan just did their 'club needs' mock draft on Gettable. Not based on rumours, just their perceptions on list needs and who they would take.

1. Reid (West Coast) – Twomey
2. Walter (Gold Coast) – Sheehan
3. Curtin (North) – Sheehan
4. McKercher (North) – Twomey
5. Duursma (Hawthorn) – Sheehan
6. Watson (Bulldogs) – Twomey
7. Read (Gold Coast match) – Sheehan
8. O'Sullivan (Melbourne) – Sheehan
9. Caddy (GWS) – Twomey
10. Sanders (Geelong) – Sheehan
11. Windsor (Essendon) – Twomey
12. Leake (Adelaide) – Sheehan
13. Wilson (Melbourne) – Twomey
14. Croft (Bulldogs) – Sheehan
15. Hardeman (Sydney) – Sheehan
16. Rogers (Gold Coast match) – Twomey
17. Tholstrup (St Kilda) – Twomey
18. McCabe (Hawthorn match) – Sheehan
19. DeMattia (Adelaide) – Sheehan
20. Green (North) – Twomey

I like O'Sullivan and Wilson enough, but I'd be pretty bummed if we didn't come away with at least one of Curtin, Leake and Windsor (I still want two of them).
You get what you get

Maybe best not to get hopes up about Curtin getting to our pick. I know they've been linked to other players but North, the Bulldogs and Hawks could all really use a player like him too. O'Sullivan looks a sensible pick at our first if Curtin is gone.

Maybe best not to get hopes up about Curtin getting to our pick. I know they've been linked to other players but North, the Bulldogs and Hawks could all really use a player like him too. O'Sullivan looks a sensible pick at our first if Curtin is gone.
I'd be surprised if O'Sullivan isn't better than Curtin. Far more athletic and better 1 on 1. Either way, Jason Taylor is typically very good with first rounders.

Not the Dogs apparently.

If Reid McKercher and Duursma are off the board as expected and Curtin is there. We have to take him. Can’t just take a Vic kid incase Curtin wants to go home. The club would’ve done their homework and assume if we skip him he’s considered too much of a flight risk.
Recruiters look pretty silly when they miss a star, but not when a kid goes home.

The guys making the picks are motivated by choosing the best player, not retaining the kid when his first contract runs out.

Recruiters look pretty silly when they miss a star, but not when a kid goes home.

The guys making the picks are motivated by choosing the best player, not retaining the kid when his first contract runs out.
Agree. Curtin would have to flat out say draft me but I’ll be on my way home ASAP. And pretty sure he hasn’t said that.

If picks stay as they are, only the Hawks stand in the Dee's way regarding Curtin.

could've placed a bid at least. Even Hayden young. He didn't do his homework on the go home factor or read it wrong.
Or maybe a pandemic happened that stopped people entering Perth from Melbourne, and vice versa, for the bulk of two years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From Fox Footy

Melbourne (Pick 6) and Geelong (Pick 8) will also consider Curtin should he slip to the latter stages of the top 10. But both clubs are also keen on Sanders.

Thank god the dogs got infront of us.

Agreed. Sanders would be my least favourite. Absolute 0 hurt factor. A pure accumulator who will get a stack of it, aka Matt Crouch.
He'll be better than Crouch, but mostly agree. Isn't what we need at the moment – Curtin/Leake/Caddy/O'Sullivan all add something different to the mix.

He'll be better than Crouch, but mostly agree. Isn't what we need at the moment – Curtin/Leake/Caddy/O'Sullivan all add something different to the mix.
I'm just thinking with all of the hoopla around our culture that they bump Sanders up a bit due to his leadership and professionalism traits. I hope not, but fear it may be the case.

I'm just thinking with all of the hoopla around our culture that they bump Sanders up a bit due to his leadership and professionalism traits. I hope not, but fear it may be the case.
Potentially, although the same thing can be said for Curtin and O'Sullivan

it's a risk I don't want to take. Killed us with Jackson, same thing is happening with Petty.

2019 we took 2 WA lads and one SA, we have lost 1 and they all played in a flag. Along with Petty, an SA lad who we have currently gotten 6 years from with another 2 contracted. Probably about 1% of players drafted interstate try and go home. Not worth avoiding the best player for.

2019 we took 2 WA lads and one SA, we have lost 1 and they all played in a flag. Along with Petty, an SA lad who we have currently gotten 6 years from with another 2 contracted. Probably about 1% of players drafted interstate try and go home. Not worth avoiding the best player for.

Just checked 2019, 12 of the first 14 picks went interstate, only 1 of them has gone home after 4 years in the AFL. 1 of the 2 players drafted to their home state has now moved interstate as well.

From Fox Footy

Melbourne (Pick 6) and Geelong (Pick 8) will also consider Curtin should he slip to the latter stages of the top 10. But both clubs are also keen on Sanders.

If we select Sanders im gonna lose my mind. Inside mid is the last position we should be looking at. Id rather us draft a ruckman at #6 ffs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back