List Mgmt. 2023 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key Trade & Draft Dates
Key Dates:

Trade Period, October 6–18
  • Restricted & Unrestricted Free Agency Period: Friday, October 6, 9am – Friday October 13, 5pm (bid matching ends Monday October 16, 5pm)
  • Trade Period (1), picks & players: Monday, October 9, 9am – Wednesday October 18, 7.30pm
Quiet Period, October 19–November 20
  • Trade Period (2), picks only: Monday, October 23, 9am – Friday November 10, 5pm
  • List Lodgement 1*: Tuesday, October 31, 2pm
  • Delisted Free Agency Period (1): Wednesday, November 1, 9am – Wednesday November 8, 5pm
  • Delisted Free Agency Period (2): Friday, November 10, 9am–5pm
  • List Lodgement 2*: Tuesday, November 14, 2pm
Draft Period, November 20–22
  • Round 1 of the National Draft: Monday, November 20, time and venue TBA
  • Trade Period (3), picks only: Tuesday, November 21, 5.45pm–6.30pm
  • Round 2–end of the National Draft: Tuesday, November 21, 7pm until completion
  • Rookie Promotions: Tuesday, November 21, after the National Draft
  • Delisted Free Agency Period (3): Tuesday, November 21, after the National Draft
  • List Lodgement 3*: Wednesday, November 22, 10am (optional; required for those participating in the PSD)
  • Pre-Season Draft: Wednesday, November 22, 3pm
  • Rookie Draft: Wednesday, November 22, 3.20pm
  • Final List Lodgement*: Thursday, November 23, 4pm
* List lodgement dates are yet to be made public, so are approximate based on past history and the requirements of the AFL Rules. When lists are lodged, the number of players on the list must not exceed maximum list sizes. At the same time, clubs must provide the AFL with estimates of total player payments in the current and following year, which must prove the club is not and will not exceed the salary cap. (AFL Rules 5.3, 6.1, 6.8, 7.2, 7.9)

Last edited:
From the HSun (nothing new):

The footy world expects Brodie Grundy to be well and truly moved in to a harbourside villa by the early days of the trade period, likely for an early second-round pick. He will be joined by James Jordon, as the fellow Demon walks to the Swans as a free agent. Left-footer Dylan Stephens wants out and the former No.5 draft pick would be a great fit at North Melbourne. What the return is for such a high-valued talent will be interesting. The Swans missed Ben McKay and need some defensive help so will no doubt continue to sniff around the market.

Hopefully. Match fitness will be an issue.
I hope we don’t rush him back. I imagine with a shoulder injury that he will still be able to get a lot of running and skills work in. However, I also imagine that he will struggle to do much weights, and he plays positions where strength and stability in the shoulder is important.

Mills is the kind of guy to rush back as well. He doesn’t know his own limits (in a good way). I reckon hold him back 2-3 weeks longer than he wants and then unleash him on the comp. Don’t have him come back hungry, have him come back hangry.

I want him coming back so primed that he destroys Gulden’s chance at a Brownlow.

It just means Mills will be ready for the important part of the season
That's it!
monty python GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is it that the Dogs, Geelong and other Vic clubs seem to have a constant supply of father/Son selections yet we get f all.
Is there something in the Sydney water??
A lot is random chance but I'm guessing we had less 100 game players in the 80s and early 90s than some other clubs.

Seems promising from this package, his clearance numbers were very good this year which would obviously be a big plus for us. Looks a solid natural kick too.

Seems promising from this package, his clearance numbers were very good this year which would obviously be a big plus for us. Looks a solid natural kick too.

Don't his kicking is that good from what I've watched over the years, however if he can come in and win clearances, feeding it out to the better ball users then he may prove to be a great edition. He certainly works hard.

Don't his kicking is that good from what I've watched over the years, however if he can come in and win clearances, feeding it out to the better ball users then he may prove to be a great edition. He certainly works hard.

Work around his kicking some of the best extractors in the game cant kick

Grundy, Dow, and JJ would be decent, but we really, really need defenders!

Honestly i think we are better off trialing someone new in defence and see if it works.

Sorta like what Geelong did with Esava, GWS with Himmelberg etc.

Defender tax in the FA/Trade market is just absurd you end up having to part a huge amount of salary cap for a average defender.

I was reading about what Cornes was saying about Darcy Gardiner - had a good finals series blanketing Curnow and limiting Mihocek to the 1 goal, but only played the 5 games this season. Would anybody be interested in him playing in our defence?

Honestly i think we are better off trialing someone new in defence and see if it works.

Sorta like what Geelong did with Esava, GWS with Himmelberg etc.

Defender tax in the FA/Trade market is just absurd you end up having to part a huge amount of salary cap for a average defender.
We need a Paddy replacement; a tall defender. The problem is who? Amartey? McLean? Reid is always injured...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back