List Mgmt. 2023 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key Trade & Draft Dates
Key Dates:

Trade Period, October 6–18
  • Restricted & Unrestricted Free Agency Period: Friday, October 6, 9am – Friday October 13, 5pm (bid matching ends Monday October 16, 5pm)
  • Trade Period (1), picks & players: Monday, October 9, 9am – Wednesday October 18, 7.30pm
Quiet Period, October 19–November 20
  • Trade Period (2), picks only: Monday, October 23, 9am – Friday November 10, 5pm
  • List Lodgement 1*: Tuesday, October 31, 2pm
  • Delisted Free Agency Period (1): Wednesday, November 1, 9am – Wednesday November 8, 5pm
  • Delisted Free Agency Period (2): Friday, November 10, 9am–5pm
  • List Lodgement 2*: Tuesday, November 14, 2pm
Draft Period, November 20–22
  • Round 1 of the National Draft: Monday, November 20, time and venue TBA
  • Trade Period (3), picks only: Tuesday, November 21, 5.45pm–6.30pm
  • Round 2–end of the National Draft: Tuesday, November 21, 7pm until completion
  • Rookie Promotions: Tuesday, November 21, after the National Draft
  • Delisted Free Agency Period (3): Tuesday, November 21, after the National Draft
  • List Lodgement 3*: Wednesday, November 22, 10am (optional; required for those participating in the PSD)
  • Pre-Season Draft: Wednesday, November 22, 3pm
  • Rookie Draft: Wednesday, November 22, 3.20pm
  • Final List Lodgement*: Thursday, November 23, 4pm
* List lodgement dates are yet to be made public, so are approximate based on past history and the requirements of the AFL Rules. When lists are lodged, the number of players on the list must not exceed maximum list sizes. At the same time, clubs must provide the AFL with estimates of total player payments in the current and following year, which must prove the club is not and will not exceed the salary cap. (AFL Rules 5.3, 6.1, 6.8, 7.2, 7.9)

Last edited:
Kinnear after reading that……

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

A wing, and a defender, and he is tiny, and he is really young.

That's what Kinnear calls ... Yes, yes, yes, and yes.

If we do get a top 5 pick maybe we need to split it and get two in the teens to take a couple of KPDs.
I know it takes them a few years anyways - but maybe taking a couple of the year's best KPDs means they develop quicker than our usual Rookie level picks in that area...But in anycase we need some on the list developing even if we get some in via free agency.
(I have zero knowledge of anyone in the draft)

With free agency maturing, it is time to let clubs trade players without their consent.
Can’t have this indirect draft tampering clogging up our league. It’s an absolute joke.
Majority of players simply don't earn enough for this to be an option.
If you're on NBA or EPL money you can afford to drag the wife around with you, not working.
Expecting someone to uproot their life and their family's lives for $350k a year is absurd.

Would Todd Goldstein be worth getting if Hickey retires?

Majority of players simply don't earn enough for this to be an option.
If you're on NBA or EPL money you can afford to drag the wife around with you, not working.
Expecting someone to uproot their life and their family's lives for $350k a year is absurd.
Wow you must lead a good life! I'd uproot for $350k a year and I live a life most would envy!
Would Todd Goldstein be worth getting if Hickey retires?
He's nearly 3 years older than Hickey!

Of course we will draft Kirk

And then we will put him FB and watch him blow away every time Hawkins sneezes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That young George Hewett looks promising, but can’t get a game with Carlton.

What do you reckon, might go OK as a Swan?

caesar88, thoughts?

watched that game and another Preston game. He just does not look strong and fit enough for mine. Reckon he needs a lot of development and at 25 that would be difficult.

I would prefer Phillips who is ready to go.
Interesting that Ryan is one of a dozen MSD prospects sent for a medical.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

That young George Hewett looks promising, but can’t get a game with Carlton.

What do you reckon, might go OK as a Swan?

caesar88, thoughts?
Not needed. The role of quality mid being wasted is already occupied at the Swans. Sorry George!

If we do get a top 5 pick maybe we need to split it and get two in the teens to take a couple of KPDs.
I know it takes them a few years anyways - but maybe taking a couple of the year's best KPDs means they develop quicker than our usual Rookie level picks in that area...But in anycase we need some on the list developing even if we get some in via free agency.
(I have zero knowledge of anyone in the draft)

I'm on board with this. Last year I wanted to split our first, not trade it. The big call might be to hold ours and hunt Gold Coast's first, they must trade that.

Connor O'Sullivan and Joel Freijah are the ones I like in the back half of the first round. Joel Freijah is a late birthday but already 191 and 85kgs, a defender hoping to move into midfielder. O'Sullivan is 198 but hard to pidgeon hole, plays midfield one week KPP the next, probably a CHB at AFL level. Logan Evans is your Michelaney clone if they follow the same intentions they had last year

Agreed. Club will want to capitalise while we've got Mills, Heeney, Papley. Whoever we draft this year in all likelihood never plays in a grand final with those guys.
I’m not sure about that - the blokes you’ve mentioned still have a good 5 years ahead of them. Possibly more.

Having said that - I agree that a bit of 22-26 age range talent does look essential.

Agreed. Club will want to capitalise while we've got Mills, Heeney, Papley. Whoever we draft this year in all likelihood never plays in a grand final with those guys.

Lets be honest Heeney and to a lesser extent Mills have had disapointing careers so far in perspective where they were taken.

Mills is nowhere near the caliber of Oliver and Heeney well is a B grader at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back