• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 8 22.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

While I would love to see Parker retire as a Swan the reality is he wants to play on and I don't think there is a spot for him in the best 25-26 next season in Sydney. He is just too slow and his only real role should be as a deep forward marking option.
Ladhams could be used by a handful of teams. St Kilda and Essendon mainly depending on what happens with Goldy.
It is going to be interesting to see what happens. I can't see the club offering him anything beyond next season - unless they negotiate a new 1 + 1 contract, if he meets X,Y,Z performance criteria in 2025. I still think he could play the sort of role Bolton played in his last couple of seasons very effectively - as that deep forward marking option that can occasionally role into the midfield. But there is zero way I think we can guarantee him he is going to be in that starting 23, and if someone else wants to offer him 2 or 3 years, more $ and a guaranteed starting position (or close to it), he'd be silly not to take it.

If he does go, I won't be sad because he has chosen that chance to extend his career - more I'll be sad because he won't play game 300 in Red and White :( If we play 2 more this year, he will only be 7? games short I think. That will make me sad - but equally, like Hanners, like Mal - he has been a wonderful servant, and whatever he chooses I will wish him the very best of luck, and would love to see him in future involved in the club in the future, as he has a good footy brain on his shoulders (though he is one I suspect may not go into footy after he retires - he has a lot already going on outside the footy world).

I'd love to think, in a nice nostalgic way, he decides to stay, fight for a place, and strive to get to 300 and beyond next year. But in the modern footy world, I fully get why he would explore other options, and I'm not convinced much of it is driven at all by a view of animosity or dislike/distrust, and more just driven by a combination of the cut throat nature of modern footy and the pursuit of success, and a want from Parker to get the most he can from his footy career.

It is going to be interesting to see what happens. I can't see the club offering him anything beyond next season - unless they negotiate a new 1 + 1 contract, if he meets X,Y,Z performance criteria in 2025. I still think he could play the sort of role Bolton played in his last couple of seasons very effectively - as that deep forward marking option that can occasionally role into the midfield. But there is zero way I think we can guarantee him he is going to be in that starting 23, and if someone else wants to offer him 2 or 3 years, more $ and a guaranteed starting position (or close to it), he'd be silly not to take it.

If he does go, I won't be sad because he has chosen that chance to extend his career - more I'll be sad because he won't play game 300 in Red and White :( If we play 2 more this year, he will only be 7? games short I think. That will make me sad - but equally, like Hanners, like Mal - he has been a wonderful servant, and whatever he chooses I will wish him the very best of luck, and would love to see him in future involved in the club in the future, as he has a good footy brain on his shoulders (though he is one I suspect may not go into footy after he retires - he has a lot already going on outside the footy world).

I'd love to think, in a nice nostalgic way, he decides to stay, fight for a place, and strive to get to 300 and beyond next year. But in the modern footy world, I fully get why he would explore other options, and I'm not convinced much of it is driven at all by a view of animosity or dislike/distrust, and more just driven by a combination of the cut throat nature of modern footy and the pursuit of success, and a want from Parker to get the most he can from his footy career.
we would get a junk late pick from north for him? Maybe upgrade our third for norths third?

I wonder if we win a flag whether it would make it more or less likely for Parker to stay? Can see arguments for both. Can also see that as an ideal time to hang up the boots.

I wonder if we win a flag whether it would make it more or less likely for Parker to stay? Can see arguments for both. Can also see that as an ideal time to hang up the boots.
If Norf were offering me $1.2 million over two years, I wouldn't be hanging anything up if I were him.
That's a million bucks more than he's going to get as an assistant coach or whatever he wants to do next...
Another rental property that gives him another $600 a week for the rest of his life...

They'd be my second team if he goes. Personally I think we should keep him. He can mark the footy inside 50. he can kick straight at goal. He can lock it in there if it goes to ground and there is a stoppage. Handy insurance against an injury to Rowbottom, Heeney, handy rotation piece through the middle....

Pray he wins a flag this year whatever happens. Deserves it.

7 and 14 for Logan McDonald, Yes or No?

(Its a yes from me, but I reserve the right to change my mind if we get two good games out of him coming up).

Would either or both of those picks be able to be turned into a 5th year or more experienced key forward able to work in our system?

I'd be pretty reticent without a really strong possibility of picking up something better.

7 and 14 for Logan McDonald, Yes or No?

(Its a yes from me, but I reserve the right to change my mind if we get two good games out of him coming up).
Am I missing something because how is 7 and 14 going to be bundled together to trade it for McDonald?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-09 at 6.05.59 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-09 at 6.05.59 PM.png
    48.2 KB · Views: 27
Hamish Davis came back to earth with a bit of a thud in the WAFL prelim final on the weekend - I didn't see the game, but note he only managed 6 disposals.

Was up against some pretty handy players (Nathan Wilson, Nathan O'Driscoll, Will Brodie, Neil Erasmus & Matt Taberner) - so still a good learning experience.

As an aside, a little birdie tells me a few clubs (that may include us ... hint hint) have taken a keen interest in Hugh Boxshall. Interesting, as current suggestion is he's probably a late 2nd to 3rd rounder ... and we don't have much by way of picks in that range.

Hamish Davis came back to earth with a bit of a thud in the WAFL prelim final on the weekend - I didn't see the game, but note he only managed 6 disposals.

Was up against some pretty handy players (Nathan Wilson, Nathan O'Driscoll, Will Brodie, Neil Erasmus & Matt Taberner) - so still a good learning experience.

As an aside, a little birdie tells me a few clubs (that may include us ... hint hint) have taken a keen interest in Hugh Boxshall. Interesting, as current suggestion is he's probably a late 2nd to 3rd rounder ... and we don't have much by way of picks in that range.
Inside mid? Handballs far outweigh kicks. Seems not to meet our needs particularly well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Inside mid? Handballs far outweigh kicks. Seems not to meet our needs particularly well.
He's what you'd call "versatile".

Developed through juniors as a winger, but now spends a lot of time inside & can also be effective off half-back.

Is a very good young player, but Davis has been getting all the wraps out of Claremont this year.

He's what you'd call "versatile".

Developed through juniors as a winger, but now spends a lot of time inside & can also be effective off half-back.

Is a very good young player, but Davis has been getting all the wraps out of Claremont this year.
Feels very like someone Richmond could be looking at or West Coast as they probably are looking thinner on the wing/on-baller front

Would either or both of those picks be able to be turned into a 5th year or more experienced key forward able to work in our system?

I'd be pretty reticent without a really strong possibility of picking up something better.
Look at the KPF rookie for the Hawks...we could have two shots at someone similar.
May as well IMHO though I do know it is partly system related they're not getting many marks & goals. Hell at some stage in either this last game or on before I saw both McDonald & Mclean fighting over the ball inside our defensive 50. :p

We'll prolly take him with our first. :rolleyes:

Am I missing something because how is 7 and 14 going to be bundled together to trade it for McDonald?
Did I accidently look at last year's draft order? LOL no idea.

Anyways it hardly matters. The point is would you take two firsts, one in top later top ten and one mid teens.

Last edited:
Why are we trading away McDonald to set us back 4yrs?
Dear looks pretty good for a rookie.
Chad just turned up and was awesome in the midfield.
It could happen.

But in anycase the theory is trade away McDonald for the chance to draft two players that might be able to lead and take marks inside 50. Just speculation, it's ok.

It could happen.

But in anycase the theory is trade away McDonald for the chance to draft two players that might be able to lead and take marks inside 50. Just speculation, it's ok.
He just signed back on ffs

It could happen.

Logan gets more hate than he deserves. He's a decent kick, good around the ground and gets others into play.

He's not dominating in the air but I think he'll improve there still.

If he becomes just a little better with his marking I can see him exploding

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back