Albert Okwuegbunam - 2 Years
Aj Terrell - 2 Years

Veterans
Stefon Diggs - 3 Years
Rashan Gary - 3 Years
Kenny Clark - 2 Years

Franchi$e
Corliss Waitman

I can't seem to find the cheat sheet on what the draft grades mean, how exactly does it work?

if someone bids on that player in free agency, you can choose to match their offer and retain the player or receive the assigned draft pick from them

Was I always mistaken or did tags used to increase the contract cost depending on pick grade as well?

Changed this year. The tag cost is the players salary, whatever round you want to tag them with doesnt matter, cost will be the same.

Changed this year. The tag cost is the players salary, whatever round you want to tag them with doesnt matter, cost will be the same.

So what is the benefit to anyone in tagging someone with a 3rd rd pick instead of a 1st?

Surely eveyone gets a first rd tag in this case?

So what is the benefit to anyone in tagging someone with a 3rd rd pick instead of a 1st?

Surely eveyone gets a first rd tag in this case?

Depends if you want to keep them or would be happier with the draft pick.

I assigned a second round pick to Frankie Luvu. I'd probably take the second if someone bids on him (however I'd rather keep Luvu over a third) . Less likely someone bids on him if you assign a first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, if you "pass" and thus take the draft pick, the tag cost gets removed from your cap hit.

If you "match" the tag cost gets replaced by the winning bid amount...which could be smaller or a lot bigger than the tag cost

Only time the tag cost remains on your cap hit is if the franchise tagged player passes thru auction without attracting any bids, so returns to your team for 1 year + tag cost

Probably a good time to remind people not to bid on a player before checking his status or else you might lose that draft pick if the owner doesn't match. Also make sure you have the draft pick collateral in case the owner doesn't match.

00Stinger

Look Up Russell Westbrook GIF by jumpman23

So if salary is $4m tag cost is an additional $4m?

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantasy 2023 - EMPIRE League - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back