Teams 2023 Fantasy - Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1623428

I think I'm set now. Set and regret that is.

Sorry Phar Ace I went Cumming to Ridley to fund 2 x $200k to Davey and Hollands and leaving me enough to go Cowan if Carlton go that way over Cincotta.

- 1 $800-900k
+ 1 $600-700k
-2 $200k
+2 $200-300k
That’s a very risky midfield IMO. Worpel at M4 is very adventurous

If we get 5 defensive rookies (Chesser, Ginbey, McVee, Cincotta, Wilmot suddenly all look like good chances) I'll go in with this structure:

Green M5
English and Marshall
Darcy Cameron F5

Constable D3 🫤
I think Cincotta/Cowan, Wilmot, Chesser and McVee all look likely. It could still happen!

Current team

Daicos Yeo Constable Ginbey Cincotta Chesser (Wilmot, McVee)
Macrae Kelly LDU Whit Green Callaghan Ashcroft Mackenzie (Hollands, Phillips)
Marshall Darcy (Heath)
Dunks C Cogs TT Rozee Gulden L. Henry (Chandler, Pedlar, F. Greene)

Looking for value everywhere. I think a lot are sleeping on Whit. If the rooks don't come up in defence, Cogs to Dawson switch is likely.

I think Cincotta/Cowan, Wilmot, Chesser and McVee all look likely. It could still happen!

Current team

Daicos Yeo Constable Ginbey Cincotta Chesser (Wilmot, McVee)
Macrae Kelly LDU Whit Green Callaghan Ashcroft Mackenzie (Hollands, Phillips)
Marshall Darcy (Heath)
Dunks C Cogs TT Rozee Gulden L. Henry (Chandler, Pedlar, F. Greene)

Looking for value everywhere. I think a lot are sleeping on Whit. If the rooks don't come up in defence, Cogs to Dawson switch is likely.
Kelly, Whitfield, Green, Calaghan and Cogs... wow!

That’s a very risky midfield IMO. Worpel at M4 is very adventurous
Definitely risky but seems few are doing similar and think my defence and forward line are bit deeper than others. Was fine when Tom Green was an option but feel have to pay too much for that M4 if I go higher.

Can we get this in an average distribution basis?

At a cursory glance, average mean value (across the 13 posters) on this table presented is:

900+ - 4
800-900 - 5
700-800 - 3
600-700 - 1
500 - 600 - 1
400 - 500 - 1 or 2 (sits around 1.5)
300 - 400 - 1 or 2 (sits around 1.5)
200 - 300 - 7
200 flat - 6

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez!!.....I'm struggling to find 11 rookies with reasonable JS/scoring/lack of sub vest and that's including a donut at R3. Got no idea how to build a team around 14-16 rookies at all.

Geez!!.....I'm struggling to find 11 rookies with reasonable JS/scoring/lack of sub vest and that's including a donut at R3. Got no idea how to build a team around 14-16 rookies at all.
Go up a tier - Constable, Henry, Jones, Hunt

Big dogs galore 😍

Yep, going against the grain a little but I think value can be over rated a little when picking your keepers. With Doch, Laird & Dunks I think its best to have them than to chase them as the gap between them and the next best in their lines will be significant. With the others I think they're all a little unders. Will all get blown to hell when a few rookies don't get a game though. :'(

13 looks to be the magic number at the mo, so just need two more!

These are probably the most likely sub 300K:

DEF:

Ginbey
Wilmot
Cincotta
Chesser
Cowan
Fahey
McVee
Blanck
N. Murray
Michalanney

MID:

Ashcroft
C. Mackenzie
W. Phillips
O. Hollands
Davey Jnr.
B. Humphrey

RUC:

Who cares, it'll be a donut

FWD:

Sheezel
Phillipou
F. Greene
Chandler
Pedlar
Sturt
Caminiti

Ahhhh got cha. Yeah it's always an interesting conversation, and I think really the longer your original higher scoring ruck stays on the field scoring more - the longer it becomes a more justified decision. I may very well still start with English, but his niggles in pre-season worry me when I think about if he'll get rested or just break down again. Tough when you have to spend 900K+ which could be used on a gun mid/def/fwd, who you know has good injury history and won't give you the same headaches
I'm definitely picking up what you're putting down. I was toying with ROB/Witts for the much the same reasons. The great thing about fantasy is there are so many variables it's impossible to figure out the cost of a trade until after the fact!

Thought I'd better post my team pending rnd 1 teams.

fantasy23preseason.JPG

Davey in the utility spot.

Obviously weak in defence but I'd rather field the blokes here at their price range rather than the choices that are available in the mids or forwards.

Laird & Macrae are my VC/C for the 1st 7 rounds and work well with Madden as the donut, reckon Libba will benefit most from Dunkley leaving but he's susceptible to being the 1st tagged so that could change before lockout, hate having a knob in my team but De Goey is seriously underpriced given that Titch will be handing the ball to him all game, I like Duursma but he could go to another winger in Callaghan if I need to upgrade Chesser to O Hollands for example, bit suss on Phillips role and scoring so he can sit at M9 for now.

Rucks = Meh, Marshall for his price is worth it, really can't see Darcy being too impacted by Jackson but might look at English/Gawn too

Don't want any small forwards or rookie KPF's on the field here, JHF actually put up good numbers in the pre season game if you discount the 6 FA, he's pretty much set for mid minutes and worth the gamble here for me, same deal with Bruhn IMO. Sheezel looks more a bench option depending on where he plays, hoping for a spike score or two from Greene.

Here you go early adopters:

I've got two columns per coach so that if you give me the same breakdown post Post Round 1 - we can see how much your teams changed after the Team Lineups dropped. Also let me know what your surplus cash is now as well - or update your team if it has changed since. For those participating will try and update each few days - room for some more still.

View attachment 1623274
Phar Ace

901k+ (3)
801k - 900k (3)
701k - 800k (5)
601k - 700k (1)
501k - 600k (1)
401k - 500k (4)
301k - 400k (2)
201k - 300k (8)
200k (3)

Spare cash - $3k