Teams 2023 Fantasy - Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Here you go early adopters:

I've got two columns per coach so that if you give me the same breakdown post Post Round 1 - we can see how much your teams changed after the Team Lineups dropped. Also let me know what your surplus cash is now as well - or update your team if it has changed since. For those participating will try and update each few days - room for some more still.

View attachment 1623261
I have $4k. Will drop 2 of my $8-900k guys down if need to free up cash.

Summing all of us together looks like this.
The 300k to 700k zone isn't popular.
It seems as though Guns 'n Rooks is the template team play right now.

View attachment 1623273

Nice!! Nor should it be given the value is in winning and building cash. It's the smaller differences like Gunf has is hitting it harder up top than others so far. I think the bigger story will be be the final team after Round 1 - what we had to move to when the chips were flying.

Currently rolling with

901k+ (5)
801k - 900k (5)
701k - 800k (2)
601k - 700k (1)
501k - 600k (0)
401k - 500k (1)
301k - 400k (1)
201k - 300k (8)
200k (7)

Did somebody say guns and rookies?
Spare coin?

Here you go early adopters:

I've got two columns per coach so that if you give me the same breakdown post Post Round 1 - we can see how much your teams changed after the Team Lineups dropped. Also let me know what your surplus cash is now as well - or update your team if it has changed since. For those participating will try and update each few days - room for some more still.

View attachment 1623274

Shadow 89 but I'll forgive ya :p

3K left for me at the minute, but bench really solid so happy with it for now until teams release

Surely people aren't actually relying on scores in pre-season? It's all about the role and price and at his price he's a must.
LDU is a good example of this, initially panicked at him scoring 69, but he took 90% of CBA’s. 90! That’s enough for me to hold on to him, he’s got the role.

Shadow 89 but I'll forgive ya :p

3K left for me at the minute, but bench really solid so happy with it for now until teams release
Always trying to lift you up a bit mate:think:
:tearsofjoy:

Nice!! Nor should it be given the value is in winning and building cash. It's the smaller differences like Gunf has is hitting it harder up top than others so far. I think the bigger story will be be the final team after Round 1 - what we had to move to when the chips were flying.
After adjusting last years start prices by this years salary cap increase, the winner started with this -
901k+ (4)
801k - 900k (4)
701k - 800k (3)
601k - 700k (1)
501k - 600k (1)
401k - 500k (2)
301k - 400k (3)
201k - 300k (5)
200k (5)

After adjusting last years start prices by this years salary cap increase, the winner started with this -
901k+ (4)
801k - 900k (4)
701k - 800k (3)
601k - 700k (1)
501k - 600k (1)
401k - 500k (2)
301k - 400k (3)
201k - 300k (5)
200k (5)

Interesting...so a 12/5/5 (600K+/300-600K/sub 300K structure). Strategy can change every year, but definitely some food for thought there...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

901k+ (4)
801k - 900k (4)
701k - 800k (3)
601k - 700k (1)
501k - 600k (1)
401k - 500k (2)
301k - 400k (3)
201k - 300k (5)
200k (5)

More good stuff - so they made some coin perhaps from a few more $300k to $600k - maybe we are pinning to much on the $200-$300k brigade even being there in the numbers we currently have (generally speaking)

Oops Phar Ace - doing better with rooks than I thought. 5, 200K'ers and 8, 201K - 300K

(Spreadsheet currently totals 31 players for me, which now makes sense, haha)

Oops Phar Ace - doing better with rooks than I thought. 5, 200K'ers and 8, 201K - 300K

(Spreadsheet currently totals 31 players for me, which now makes sense, haha)

See, that's why I had to add an extra 1 to your name

LDU is a good example of this, initially panicked at him scoring 69, but he took 90% of CBA’s. 90! That’s enough for me to hold on to him, he’s got the role.
LDU i have had all pre-season until i noticed i had the cash to up him to Smith.

I may still upgrade Green to him since i still have spare cash but will wait for teams to drop.

More good stuff - so they made some coin perhaps from a few more $300k to $600k - maybe we are pinning to much on the $200-$300k brigade even being there in the numbers we currently have (generally speaking)
Butters, Hewett, Rowell, Brodie, Milera, Preuss & JHF were those players in that zone.
So it wasn't all gold. But it was flexible. He jumped on Sicily as the early fix up.

and from - How I won AFL Fantasy: The 2022 champion reveals his secrets

"I had three mid-priced selections with Hewett, Matt Rowell and Brodie. Two of these were season-defining picks. I also started with Tim English at R2 with Braydon Preuss on the bench. This helped me to make some key trades early.
...James Sicily, who I failed to include in my starting squad. If you had most of the rookies and at least a few of these mid-priced selections you were set up well to attack the season."

Summing all of us together looks like this.
The 300k to 700k zone isn't popular.
It seems as though Guns 'n Rooks is the template team play right now.

View attachment 1623273
Will be interesting to do something like this next year for fist teams created followed by post pre-season games and finally after teams are announced just to see the difference.

First time checking in this preseason--howdy all!

Honestly, really really happy with this team. Feels balanced. Probably a bit light on in the mids, if anything. Anticipating the Green breakout, and LDU was my first-picked.

Had AndyBray, but faded him in favour of a big Jelly bounceback this year. Used that cash to get Day (who never felt right) up to Mcgrath.

Roll on Round 1 already goddammit.

preseason2.JPG

First time checking in this preseason--howdy all!

Honestly, really really happy with this team. Feels balanced. Probably a bit light on in the mids, if anything. Anticipating the Green breakout, and LDU was my first-picked.

Had AndyBray, but faded him in favour of a big Jelly bounceback this year. Used that cash to get Day (who never felt right) up to Mcgrath.

Roll on Round 1 already goddammit.

View attachment 1623295
Nice team just remember to put them in price order or certain posters will blow a fuse;)

I missed ONE PLAYER 😭
And you shall be punished for it.

joel mchale pitchfork GIF by NETFLIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams 2023 Fantasy - Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back