Teams 2023 Fantasy - Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems to be a massive fade in here on Daicos, any particular reason? The Tag threat i guess? or just finding better value elsewhere?

I've still got him. We won't tag him, and he's still cheap enough that the upside is there. Cumming is the only one I'm considering instead of him at this point.

Last edited:
Drawing Motivation GIF

Phar Ace i've updated my structure.

900+ (4)
800s (5)
700s (3)
600s (1)
500s (0)
400s (1)
300s (3)
200s (8)
200 (5)

Very guns and rooks for myself but trying to still find value in the premiums unlike Maurice's crazy 9 900kers! Wild.

It's probably best to update it Wednesday 15th as the last time being before teams drop - then again after the last game goes into lockout on the 19th for the secondary column. That way we'll see a comparsion between what we thought/hoped and what actually went down!

It's probably best to update it Wednesday 15th as the last time being before teams drop - then again after the last game goes into lockout on the 19th for the secondary column. That way we'll see a comparsion between what we thought/hoped and what actually went down!
So you don’t want me to send you my last 22 structure changes since 7pm?

1678365063829.png
Edit 9/3 @ 11.31pm Vic Time - fixed Avg formula error....:oops:

It's probably best to update it Wednesday 15th as the last time being before teams drop - then again after the last game goes into lockout on the 19th for the secondary column. That way we'll see a comparison between what we thought/hoped and what actually went down!

Last edited:
So you don’t want me to send you my last 22 structure changes since 7pm?

Oh no, I want you to send them to me - absolutely, TV's broken here and I need some comedy!

Was surprised when I looked at Daicos scores from last year. Only 7 scores over 90, which is still bloody good for a first year player, but is he really going to make that jump up to a 95 premium? I’m not so sure

Fair question - it's dependent on his role change and how that plays out tbh. I have him and I have hope still.

Was surprised when I looked at Daicos scores from last year. Only 7 scores over 90, which is still bloody good for a first year player, but is he really going to make that jump up to a 95 premium? I’m not so sure

He's a nice safe pick as so many have him and he should have a decent floor to his scoring. But be prepared to jump off early if there's an obvious DEF breakout coming through - e.g. Sinclair of last year.

He's a nice safe pick as so many have him and he should have a decent floor to his scoring. But be prepared to jump off early if there's an obvious DEF breakout coming through - e.g. Sinclair of last year.
Yeah that’s actually a good call. And even Angus Brayshaw. Didn’t he start with a 70’s price tag last year? Best case Daicos goes bang and you’ve got your defensive premium but yeah, some obscure player that’s a bit risky to start with will likely breakout

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My view on Daicos is there will be enough tags to restrict him to no greater average than 90. He is extremely susceptible to a tag as we have seen. Im not saying he will be tagged every week but 5-7 tags is enough to restrict him to 90 imo

My view on Daicos is there will be enough tags to restrict him to no greater average than 90. He is extremely susceptible to a tag as we have seen. Im not saying he will be tagged every week but 5-7 tags is enough to restrict him to 90 imo
Which teams are likely to tag in the first 6 rounds, against COLL ?

GEEL - No
PORT - No
RICH - No
BRIS - No
SAINTS - Yes (Windhager)
ESS - No (depends on when Caldwell is back from injury)

The other aspect, is the tag would need to be a FWD tag, with Daicos playing of HB ....but also moving thru the midfield ....so in the season proper, Daicos maybe a more difficult tag prospect

GEEL - No
PORT - No
RICH - No
BRIS - No
SAINTS - Yes (Windhager)

The other aspect, is the tag would need to be a FWD tag, with Daicos playing of HB ....but also moving thru the midfield ....so in the season proper, Daicos maybe a more difficult tag prospect
Why are you only isolating the first 6 weeks? I imagine your picking him as a keeper.

With Geelong O’connor i can see tagging.

Why are you only isolating the first 6 weeks? I imagine your picking him as a keeper.

Not necessarily ....all players are tradeable

O'Connor doesn't tag, as he's not really a midfield option anymore. Blics on the other hand, will always do a job if needed, but we're more likely to tag JDG as he's much more impactful.

In reality O'Connor may not even be Best 23 this year, as there's a lot ahead of him now.

Tend to agree. Can be tagged out of it seemingly relatively easily at this stage (being a 2nd year player totally understandable, he'll get better at working his way out of it). And most importantly seems to really influence Collingwoods chances of winning when he is. Far less teams will just let him run free like they did in his rookie year.

1678394584268.png
Current list of 20%+ ownership that I'm not on right now. Interested to see who others are fading/can't fit in?

GEEL - No
PORT - No
RICH - No
BRIS - No
SAINTS - Yes (Windhager)

why does it matter about the first 6 rounds? Daicos is picked as a keeper so all rounds are valued the same. Whether he cops a tag is round 1, 3 or 9 is no different to copping tags in 13, 19, 22 etc.

why does it matter about the first 6 rounds? Daicos is picked as a keeper so all rounds are valued the same. Whether he cops a tag is round 1, 3 or 9 is no different to copping tags in 13, 19, 22 etc.
I've heard some commentary about Collingwood's draw. There's certainly an argument for jumping on Daicos after round 7 when Collingwood's draw gets easier, tag opponents should start to fall away and Daicos himself should adapt to being tagged. The flip side to this is he stays at half back, racks up the pill against those harder opponents and it all levels out.

I must play the game differently, as I see all players as tradable commodities, if not performing .....OR their trading opens better options, that strengthen my side quickly

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams 2023 Fantasy - Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back