Teams 2023 Fantasy - Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Well we know which one has the brains in the Tigs family ;)
Yeah the one that traded in Laird last year.

David Tennant No GIF by Doctor Who

It's interesting, as I've been noticing that this year, the magic number is '13' - when it comes to players 600K and over (fallen premos/ubers/premos/). No matter what I do, or no matter how sides I see, this seems to be where everyone floats around.

Some get as high as 14, while others go down to 12 or even 11. My challenge here, was to try and make a side of players who could be premos in their position, with only players 600K and above and 300K and below (16 and 6). Took me quite a while, but this is what I eventually ended up with (6K remaining):

1678322496814.png

GnR

901k+ (7)
801k - 900k (2)
701k - 800k (3)
601k - 700k (1)
501k - 600k (0)
401k - 500k (0)
301k - 400k (1)
201k - 300k (9)
200k (7)

What impact the vests have is what will consume my thoughts. Sub use in the first two games will be interesting to look at as our only exposure with rookies is likely to be Carlton.
Phar Ace i've updated my structure.

900+ (4)
800s (5)
700s (3)
600s (1)
500s (0)
400s (1)
300s (3)
200s (8)
200 (5)

Very guns and rooks for myself but trying to still find value in the premiums unlike Maurice's crazy 9 900kers! Wild.

It's interesting, as I've been noticing that this year, the magic number is '13' - when it comes to players 600K and over (fallen premos/ubers/premos/). No matter what I do, or no matter how sides I see, this seems to be where everyone floats around.

Some get as high as 14, while others go down to 12 or even 11. My challenge here, was to try and make a side of players who could be premos in their position, with only players 600K and above and 300K and below (16 and 6). Took me quite a while, but this is what I eventually ended up with (6K remaining):

View attachment 1624796
Yep same, I've got 13 also.

Matter of fact is that the rookies are expensive this year. I've got almost 350k in expensive rookies that would be cut down if I could find three to four more basement rookies but it's not happening. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

It is interesting, after many years of not playing Fantasy AFL, I came back last year and this is my first proper preseason.

My team is massively different to many people posting on here.

Yeo, N Daicos, Bowes, Constable, Ginbey, L Jones, Chesser, Wilmont

Laird, Kelly, Merrett, Neale, Bailey Smith, Duursma, Ashcroft, Mackenzie, Phillips, Sheldrick

Marshall, Engligh, Ratugolea

Martin, Gulden, JHF, Bruhn, Sheezel, Henry, Pedlar, Greene

Davey

This has hopefully 13 keepers long term and I've gone cheaper in the backs and forwards and hoping my rucks and midfield covers those weak spots.

Very happy with this but really want to get Flanders into my fwd line as i dont feel Phillipou will be scoring well. Not sure how i can do this with 5k remaining.

Attachments

• 1955CEC6-DE5A-4F59-839A-BA6F9A2174F6.png
    1955CEC6-DE5A-4F59-839A-BA6F9A2174F6.png
    131.7 KB · Views: 74
  • 5F460862-4110-4B35-BC53-1FF8C4CA627D.png
    5F460862-4110-4B35-BC53-1FF8C4CA627D.png
    175.2 KB · Views: 58
  • DBC7EFDD-F256-49F6-90FC-05BAB203BC67.png
    DBC7EFDD-F256-49F6-90FC-05BAB203BC67.png
    140.9 KB · Views: 59
Phar Ace i've updated my structure.

900+ (4)
800s (5)
700s (3)
600s (1)
500s (0)
400s (1)
300s (3)
200s (8)
200 (5)

Very guns and rooks for myself but trying to still find value in the premiums unlike Maurice's crazy 9 900kers! Wild.
Yeah it is a bit wild, but: it makes it quicker to get to the 22 keepers and also I would prefer to overspend prior to the season rather than underspend and have to gut everything to make things fit.

I can comfortably cull a Gawn, Brayshaw or Sinclair and still be happy with structure.

Last year Sicily and Brodie were must gets because they looked like they could be top 6 - 10 in their lines.

I’m not feeling as confident this year. Lots of fantastic value out there - I could point to a few dozen. Yes, in the 80+ range you could potentially find a few - I have Rozee and Gulden already and you could add McGrath, Daicos and co. Fairly confident about them being keepers but below that 80 level, while value is there, I don’t see guys that will last the season.

In the end I may opt for a stepping stone or two but at this stage I’m hoping not to. I’d rather stock up with every rookie that looks to have reasonable JS.

It is interesting, after many years of not playing Fantasy AFL, I came back last year and this is my first proper preseason.

My team is massively different to many people posting on here.

Yeo, N Daicos, Bowes, Constable, Ginbey, L Jones, Chesser, Wilmont

Laird, Kelly, Merrett, Neale, Bailey Smith, Duursma, Ashcroft, Mackenzie, Phillips, Sheldrick

Marshall, Engligh, Ratugolea

Martin, Gulden, JHF, Bruhn, Sheezel, Henry, Pedlar, Greene

Davey

This has hopefully 13 keepers long term and I've gone cheaper in the backs and forwards and hoping my rucks and midfield covers those weak spots.
Interesting team for sure. I can tell you with absolute certainty that Bowes and JHF will not be keepers this year., but there is merit in all the others.

I question the Neale selection, Dunkley, Ashcroft coming into the midfield, has been on a steady decline back to his mean of 103-104 that he was at Fremantle since his blow out year during covid. I'm not sure I see any value there.

Also you're taking a massive risk not starting with any of the big dog forwards, Dunkley, Cogs and Taranto have the chance to crucify you early. I think you've over spent on mid priced guys and heavy rooks. My side also has 13 individuals who i'd consider to have a chance at keepers with the riskiest of those being Yeo who is your D2 and Darcy at my R2. Avoiding the heavy mid pricedness of Bowes, JHF, Bruhn and Duursma and even your riskier 'premium' picks like Neale, Martin and Gulden who I all like but would be surprised if any are top 6/8 in their line respectively.

Do you think Neale is going to outscore all of:

Laird, Steele, Touk, Mills, Kelly, Macrae, Smith, Bontempelli, Oliver, Merrett, Brayshaw, Crouch, Anderson plus Sam Walsh when he's back? That's 14 names I have higher than Neale easily and think Parish, Mitchell, Cripps, LDU and Petrraca all have a very good chance of beating or matching him.

Out of interest and boredom's sake, here's my attempt at making a team of PODs. Guys at least under 10% ownership apart from the obvious rookies. Apart form the forward line I honestly don't hate it. Midfield bats pretty deep and think a lot of the picks on other lines have a fair bit of potential.

I'm not brave enough to run with this but it is an interesting experiment in terms of shifting ideas around who is 'must have.' There's obviously some glaring omissions but every year the group think can lead a lot of people down the wrong path. I will start the season with Docherty and Dunks and Taranto and Rozee and Marshall, but there's arguments to be made for omitting most of those guys.

In saying all that, I don't really believe in PODs - end of the day you should pick the guys who you think are going to score the most points and disregard what everyone else is doing. If it were up to me, I'd omit Ownership % from being available to view at all.

Screen Shot 2023-03-09 at 10.50.49 am.jpg

G'day guys

Is Elliot Yeo really a must have? managed to play only 27 out of possible 54 games last 3 years, turning 30 years this year, $625k requiring 70 and above to make money - is this really worth the investment?

G'day guys

Is Elliot Yeo really a must have? managed to play only 27 out of possible 54 games last 3 years, turning 30 years this year, $625k requiring 70 and above to make money - is this really worth the investment?
He is in my team and i think he is a good pick but i think he is overrated by a lot as a lock.

Even in his prime he was called the Yeo-yeo for a reason. He is older, struggling body and West Coast will be prioritising the future. I am far from convinced he is a lock to go 90. I desperately want to zag on this pick but fomo will mean i almost certainly start him.

G'day guys

If Yeo recaptures his form prior to the groin shizen, not having him won't be fun at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeo v Hayden Young vs Naicos is my last dilemma for D3

As weird as it sounds, I want to go Hayden Young - I feel he will have an even better season than last (despite his quiet practice games).
I feel FOMO will get the best of me also and I will end up choosing Naicos or Yeo or even both!

Yeo v Hayden Young vs Naicos is my last dilemma for D3

As weird as it sounds, I want to go Hayden Young - I feel he will have an even better season than last (despite his quiet practice games).
I feel FOMO will get the best of me also and I will end up choosing Naicos or Yeo or even both!
I'm running both Yeo and Young

From the HS and last year's Supercoach winner. I realise Supercoach is a different beast, but I thought some may be interested...

''Below is a list of whether I have popular players in my consideration!''

Errol Gulden – cross

Tanner Bruhn – tick

Sam Flanders – cross

Jacob Hopper – tick

Dom Sheed – cross

James Worpel – tick

Liam Jones – tick

Elliot Yeo – tick

Will Setterfield – tick

Finn Callaghan – tick

Darcy Cameron – cross
RayMagoo is a poster on the BF SuperCoach Board ....just have to remember, the pricing is very different across formats

Callaghan as an example is $244K in SC .....Fyfe $313K, meaning I can afford him in SC format, but not in Fantasy

Same Hopper ....only $330K in SC compared to $700K + in Fantasy ....making him too expensive in Fantasy

So ....many of the choices above, are simply based on format pricing

G'day guys

This isn't super coach my guy, if he gets injured you can trade him. Is absolutely a must have.

Seems to be a massive fade in here on Daicos, any particular reason? The Tag threat i guess? or just finding better value elsewhere?

Seems to be a massive fade in here on Daicos, any particular reason? The Tag threat i guess? or just finding better value elsewhere?
IMO ....it's another case of one meaningless PS game changing people's opinions on a player

He'll have up & down matches .....only question still outstanding is, Daicos or Young

IMO ....it's another case of one meaningless PS game changing people's opinions on a player

He'll have up & down matches .....only question still outstanding is, Daicos or Young
Yeh he hasnt really moved from my side since it opened.. and the only reason I have him ahead of Young is the ability to move up the ground in game/round to round, where as Young is basically a locked and loaded HBF. I think they average near identical tbh, but the highs from Daicos will be higher

Yeh he hasnt really moved from my side since it opened.. and the only reason I have him ahead of Young is the ability to move up the ground in game/round to round, where as Young is basically a locked and loaded HBF. I think they average near identical tbh, but the highs from Daicos will be higher
35% ownership for Daicos .....a lot of us are going to go down together, if Daicos fails

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams 2023 Fantasy - Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back