Position 2023 Fantasy Rookies

How Many Rookies (Priced below $300K) will You have, on field, in your Round 1 Team

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plenty of Defensive rookies already but;

Bodhi Uwland (DEF/MID) spotted in 1's tonight.

Kid from the academy out with stress fractures last year.

Averaged 24 touches 4.5 marks 5.5 tackles in NAB League 2021 (97 fantasy)

I'm a big fan and i'd rather play him over Dmac

Last edited:
Sorry, I was just listing them off the top of my head. They weren't in any particular order
I thought that might be the case but the order is good. I think Davey/Long are equivalent in terms of scoring and job security, though I'd give Davey a very slight edge. I think McVee scores more than Caminiti but the Saints are screaming out for forwards at the moment while Melbourne will have a raft of players return over the next 2-3 weeks. As such, I think Caminiti's job security is greater than McVee's scoring potential. If the Saints mids have a good day, Caminiti may even pick up a couple of goals, bumping him well ahead of McVee. I don't even know who Laurie is so he's well down the bottom for mine.

And follow up question, anyone brave enough to run Ginbey, Cowan, Chesser D4-6 with Wilmot & McVee on the bench? :sweatsmile:
No but I think you could go close. Cowan has got the nod over Cincotta this week but will that continue for the next month? Same for McVee (see above). Chesser could score well enough to be on field but for me he'd have to be prioritised over Gaff, which is a HUGE ask. I'll believe it when I see it. Ginbey is super safe so you might get away with two on field but three? That's going to take some balls I reckon. Liam Jones and Jayden Hunt come back into the equation as guys who will increase in price with good job security. I'll assume you're not running Constable at D3 (lol) so that option is up your sleeve as well.

Currently have these rookies with one spot left to fill:

Ashcroft
Mackenzie
Phillips
Hollands
Phillipou
Chesser
Ginbey
Cowan
Wilmot
Greene
Pedlar

Who's the best of the rest (if the expected rookies get named)? Can be any position

I'll assume you're not running Constable at D3 (lol) so that option is up your sleeve as well.
I'm still chopping and changing my team. I've got 15 players I'm set on and will need 7 rookies on field to make it work, it's just a matter of figuring out which combination of rookies I go with. I've played around with 3 defensive rookies but I agree, it is extremely risky and would take some big balls.

I'm still chopping and changing my team. I've got 15 players I'm set on and will need 7 rookies on field to make it work, it's just a matter of figuring out which combination of rookies I go with. I've played around with 3 defensive rookies but I agree, it is extremely risky and would take some big balls.
Are you running Hollands on field?

Currently have these rookies with one spot left to fill:

Ashcroft
Mackenzie
Phillips
Hollands
Phillipou
Chesser
Ginbey
Cowan
Wilmot
Greene
Pedlar

Who's the best of the rest (if the expected rookies get named)? Can be any position
No Sheezel or R3 rookie?

Averaged 24 touches 4.5 marks 5.5 tackles in NAB League 2020 (97 fantasy)

You’ve just made all that up !!! :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poo v long for bench

80k a decent difference but does poo JS offset that

dont think poo will score great but will long be horrible scorer?

And follow up question, anyone brave enough to run Ginbey, Cowan, Chesser D4-6 with Wilmot & McVee on the bench? :sweatsmile:
🙋
Screenshot_2023-03-16-02-02-15-09_22d011831d19cb0ea87d51ee98c80b73.jpg

Got some planning around it though. If there's mass omissions come round 2-3, I have enough money to get say an LDU to a Dawson or Stewart via DPP.
I'll potentially drop a Whit, cogs, Green, LDU to whoever the best looking mid pricer is after round 1. Money for an upgrade, potentially Constable --> Yeo in round 3-4.
This is kinda contingent on Cowan looking ok tonight too.

Averaged 24 touches 4.5 marks 5.5 tackles in NAB League 2021 (97 fantasy)

Stop it I'm sick of having all these gun rookie defenders to pick from 😅

He's in the utility spot for now.

the lord of the rings GIF

Find it interesting that many here seem to be giving Poo such a hard time and don’t trust him much to be on field.

Yes he only scored 50 odd in the praccy but went about 70 in the unofficial praccy to. Ave 60-65 and that’s a decent F6 rookie.

Seems many are going to a lot of effort to make sure he’s not onfield while at the same time fielding Cowan/Chesser who are just as likely to hit out 40s.

Is there a reason The Poo seems to be being judged harder as a rookie compared to others?

Is there a reason The Poo seems to be being judged harder as a rookie compared to others?

There is a really obvious joke here !! Must resist obvious joke…. Must resist…..

Find it interesting that many here seem to be giving Poo such a hard time and don’t trust him much to be on field.

Yes he only scored 50 odd in the praccy but went about 70 in the unofficial praccy to. Ave 60-65 and that’s a decent F6 rookie.

Seems many are going to a lot of effort to make sure he’s not onfield while at the same time fielding Cowan/Chesser who are just as likely to hit out 40s.

First one I think he played up the ground a bit. Last one more forward I believe.

I’d rather have him on field than those defenders too but the defensive options suck while their are ample forward options.

I’m waiting on Dogs team to be named if McLean looks like being a small forward I might downgrade him and field Poo and upgrade a couple of spots.

I just can’t get past the ‘playing forward in a struggling team’ angle. Can definitely see a world where he averages 60+ but can also easily envisage one where he’s getting some really ugly 30-40s which kill you if you’re copping them onfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back