Trades 2023 Fantasy Round 10 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If I can throw a rookie up there that could prove fruitful it is Matt Johnson.

Having served his 2 week suspension he should be back in the side with a BE of 0 and priced at 280k.
Had his best game against the Lions at the GABBA with 22 disposals and a score 63 with a few dropped marks that could have elevated the score even higher. After a couple starts as the sub he really solidified his place in the 22 before going and getting himself suspended. Both the club and fans really rate him and you only need to take a look at the changes v geelong thread on the freo board to see that.

The only issue I see with him is his JS if he's not back in this week.
With Erasmus getting a go at things in his absence and Fyfe likely to get a start after 2 games as sub, it's likely Johno could be given the vest this week. If not, and he is named in the 22 I will have no hesitations grabbing him as it likely means he stays in the side for the rest of the year.
I like him. Have held him for two weeks after his brain fade tackle. Would be annoying if he gets the vest. Another option is Wardlaw, who is likely to debut this week. Pricey, but should play through the byes.

2nd trade is Chayce Jones to Whitfield regardless of the 1st trade if that helps. Humphrey looked good on the weekend, but slightly nervous that he has a 0 to his name

I mean we'll see what we get with selection, but I think Humphrey's the play. Matt Johnson another worth thinking about but Erasmus has done ok and Fyfe's back which might hurt him. Sheldrick if selected still interests me but we can wait a week with him.

Fio might be the one to be upgraded to Doch.. that 65 really puts a fork in his cash gen. "Relishing the bigger role without Touk" nek minute 0 midfield time. Once again screw you Dew

Ash and JJ looking great guns and still making money so there goes the idea to up one of them this week. They're lasting till byes at this rate

Secretly hoping Steele misses so I can punt him though. I've actually felt ill watching him after bringing in his skinny fat lazy ass for 950k

Keep tossing up between Humphrey and Weddle, Humphrey with the better bye week and Weddle with reasonable JS. So bugger it, might get both, fix up a dead rookie and bank a little cash, was gonna upgrade Worpel but he's got the WCE matchup this week, Setterfield looks to have secured more stoppage attendances, De Goey just pulled a 120. Pedlar and Jones get a reprieve as well.

Cowan > Weddle
Pickett > Humphrey
250k ITB

Good chance Chesser is named this week which will leave 1 red dot (Madden) and I'll lose any ability for looping (providing Cincotta and Drury are named)
He's so 'yin and yang' - but I can't watch what he did on Friday night and not feel like he's a must-have. I don't understand how he can have 0 point halves.

Attacked it so hard, worked into the right places all the time, he just seems like a bloody good footballer. Surely Dew is ******* Davies off and giving that time to Humphrey in bursts now.
I think you are right, and Dew's no fool - that's why he pined him even for a 0 and played him still the next week. He know he has work in progress - but he is a ripper - has a little Toby Greene about him
Humphrey close to undroppable, Suns love him, we passed on Ginbey for him so thats how much we rate the kid. That 0 was super gross but kept his spot. He'll get mid time during the year, we still need Davies as our Defensive mid, he's got a massive frame so unfortunately he'll get more CBA's than Humphrey.

Loves to get the footy, tackle and kick goals. perfect for a cash cow.

On Rd 15 I have:

Bont
TT
Green
Cogs
Rozee
English

As keepers.

Then:
Sheezel
Callaghan
JJ
Cincotta
Drury

Sheezel likely a keeper, and Callaghan's output really stepping up, with JJ also trucking along nicely, so really just Cincotta and Drury who don't seem like they have enough coin on their head yet. JJ definitely going early in the Byes likely for Doc but not much else I can move on, which is why I think I need to hold firm on not getting Kennedy and worsening the situation.
Agree - at this stage JJ is probably even preferred over Kennedy (spit, spit, spit)
Animated GIF

2nd trade is Chayce Jones to Whitfield regardless of the 1st trade if that helps. Humphrey looked good on the weekend, but slightly nervous that he has a 0 to his name
And a 27

Who do we reckon is more likely to play out of Sheldrick and Fahey this week? I know the answer is neither, but still.
Thinking Sheldrick with knowing that Mills is a likely out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Humphrey heat map shows exclusively forward in a game the ball was getting there without resistance. What's he likely to average if he doesn't get mid time? Can be a bull while averaging 60.. not opposed to it but a bit hesitant to pay the 360k premium

That donut from 46% game time also a little hard to get past

If I can throw a rookie up there that could prove fruitful it is Matt Johnson.

Having served his 2 week suspension he should be back in the side with a BE of 0 and priced at 280k.
Had his best game against the Lions at the GABBA with 22 disposals and a score 63 with a few dropped marks that could have elevated the score even higher. After a couple starts as the sub he really solidified his place in the 22 before going and getting himself suspended. Both the club and fans really rate him and you only need to take a look at the changes v geelong thread on the freo board to see that.

The only issue I see with him is his JS if he's not back in this week.
With Erasmus getting a go at things in his absence and Fyfe likely to get a start after 2 games as sub, it's likely Johno could be given the vest this week. If not, and he is named in the 22 I will have no hesitations grabbing him as it likely means he stays in the side for the rest of the year.
And to make matters more tricky there is talk that that this week the sub will just be part of the 5 named as a bench - so who knows how they will be played.

When is the next round of DPPs going to be announced? Does anyone know if Short is inline to get Def/Mid?
On The Traders they thought he was - will happen during the week before the first bye

Harrison Petty out for 4-6 weeks - good news for Gawn holders.
Petracca a test for Round 10
Wow, 4-6 weeks for Mills

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back