Trades 2023 Fantasy Round 10 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah think I'll do Michalanney and Davey to those two to kick start some cash gen. With Greene out of the team he's not hurting me too much in terms of losing $$ in the same way Davey (and Michalanney) are starting to. Banks me $120k which isn't too bad. Feels like a bit of treading water when someone like Kennedy will get jumped on and could well pop but have enough mid-pricers for now so think being disciplined this week will benefit me longer term.
Or is there a planet on which doing Macrae to Zerrett and Michalanney to Sharp works = Macrae to Zerrett balances your Bye keepers a little better, and the other hopefully a bit of cash growing too. Just a thought to get a bit of both worlds

Yeah don't think I can get Kennedy this week as presumably the week to get a Rd 15 premium is Rd 12 (I always get tripped up on who to be trading in that week), so bringing in two Rd 15 players in the next four weeks doesn't seem right when I'm already stuffed in that week. Shame as Kennedy looks great value.

God that's an interesting spot. Hadn't even noticed him slip down to 647k.

What's the J/S like? Just note he was shifted to half back and dropped to sub recently. If he plays inside mid from hereon it's crazy good value, and almost a 5 week stepping stone to trade out of at his bye.

Could go Mills to him then Chandler to Mitch Duncan/Redman/Zorko/McCluggage/Simpkin and still feel like I'm 'adding a premium'

God that's an interesting spot. Hadn't even noticed him slip down to 647k.

What's the J/S like? Just note he was shifted to half back and dropped to sub recently. If he plays inside mid from hereon it's crazy good value, and almost a 5 week stepping stone to trade out of at his bye.

Could go Mills to him then Chandler to Mitch Duncan/Redman/Zorko/McCluggage/Simpkin and still feel like I'm 'adding a premium'
Your weeks suddenly sounds more optimistic Skip:tearsofjoy:

I guess because Humphrey starts off from a much higher base cost than the others (can's see trade cost). At least if Sharp can make avg again (63) you might make $50k and perhaps another $40k the week after. Humphrey is capable of anything, both good and bad. His job security is good, seems Dewie really likes what he brings.

He's so 'yin and yang' - but I can't watch what he did on Friday night and not feel like he's a must-have. I don't understand how he can have 0 point halves.

Attacked it so hard, worked into the right places all the time, he just seems like a bloody good footballer. Surely Dew is ****ing Davies off and giving that time to Humphrey in bursts now.

Or is there a planet on which doing Macrae to Zerrett and Michalanney to Sharp works = Macrae to Zerrett balances your Bye keepers a little better, and the other hopefully a bit of cash growing too. Just a thought to get a bit of both worlds

Yeah that's a nice one, though I don't have Macrae so I'm all good in that sense.

He's so 'yin and yang' - but I can't watch what he did on Friday night and not feel like he's a must-have. I don't understand how he can have 0 point halves.

Attacked it so hard, worked into the right places all the time, he just seems like a bloody good footballer. Surely Dew is ******* Davies off and giving that time to Humphrey in bursts now.
I think you are right, and Dew's no fool - that's why he pined him even for a 0 and played him still the next week. He know he has work in progress - but he is a ripper - has a little Toby Greene about him

Your weeks suddenly sounds more optimistic Skip:tearsofjoy:

I'm an absolute sucker for it aren't I. Bent over and served it up the clacker and I'm fizzing at the bung for more.

I think it's just the idea of finding a creative/lateral move that excites me. Been dealt a shit hand - but jeez, is there anything better than being served up some adversity and turning it into (kind of) a win. Kennedy's interesting there. Most of the other creative moves have dissipated over the last few weeks (Fiorini, JJ, Perryman etc.) and not been replaced.

I'm just waiting to go full degenerate and grab Nat Fyfe off his bye too.

Yeah that's a nice one, though I don't have Macrae so I'm all good in that sense.
Sorry, thought you did, must have looked at someone else's field plan. Just checked, it was happyeagle, sorry

Sorry, though you did, must have looked at someone else's field plan

All good! Thought you were just offering up general musings and it's a great move if people can manage it. For me I think if I was to look for an upgrade it'd be Chayce up against the Dogs at Ballarat, but don't think I can get him to anyone worthwhile (other than Kennedy whose bye duds him for me annoyingly) so think fixing up rookies might be the way to go.

I think you are right, and Dew's no fool - that's why he pined him even for a 0 and played him still the next week. He know he has work in progress - but he is a ripper - has a little Toby Greene about him

Yep. Definitely bits of Toby in there but also bits of those dynamic inside ball winners - Clarry, Green etc.. Not sure if he's got the patterns/craft to play as an inside mid yet, but reckon he could be a bloody good one.

Anyone else thinking of jumping off Ziebell in a couple of weeks? I reckon I'd be well served losing a 'keeper' or two from that week just for bye structure reasons (and allows me to take risks on blokes like Kennedy who have that bye), and he seems to be a good candidate.

That 170 will be out of his price soon, two more 100s has him up to 900k and priced at 106-107, I'm genuinely thinking maybe on that first bye week to jump off him down to a 750-800k guy, pocket a stupid amount of cash and sell a bloke high who's got the worst possible bye and is a walking injury risk. Feels like once his price exceeds his production, given the risks of owning him, he's prime for the cash-in.

Yep. Definitely bits of Toby in there but also bits of those dynamic inside ball winners - Clarry, Green etc.. Not sure if he's got the patterns/craft to play as an inside mid yet, but reckon he could be a bloody good one.
He sees the game play out before his eyes, they are gold. Toby does that, Shai Bolton and Shane Edwards before him was in seeing things play out too. It's why they sometimes look like they have made a hatchet job of a chain.

All good! Thought you were just offering up general musings and it's a great move if people can manage it. For me I think if I was to look for an upgrade it'd be Chayce up against the Dogs at Ballarat, but don't think I can get him to anyone worthwhile (other than Kennedy whose bye duds him for me annoyingly) so think fixing up rookies might be the way to go.
Who is expendable now on the Rnd15 bye?

He sees the game play out before his eyes, they are gold. Toby does that, Shai Bolton and Shane Edwards before him was in seeing things play out too. It's why they sometimes look like they have made a hatchet job of a chain.

Who is expendable now on the Rnd15 bye?

On Rd 15 I have:

Bont
TT
Green
Cogs
Rozee
English

As keepers.

Then:
Sheezel
Callaghan
JJ
Cincotta
Drury

Sheezel likely a keeper, and Callaghan's output really stepping up, with JJ also trucking along nicely, so really just Cincotta and Drury who don't seem like they have enough coin on their head yet. JJ definitely going early in the Byes likely for Doc but not much else I can move on, which is why I think I need to hold firm on not getting Kennedy and worsening the situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On Rd 15 I have:

Bont
TT
Green
Cogs
Rozee
English

As keepers.

Then:
Sheezel
Callaghan
JJ
Cincotta
Drury

Sheezel likely a keeper, and Callaghan's output really stepping up, with JJ also trucking along nicely, so really just Cincotta and Drury who don't seem like they have enough coin on their head yet. JJ definitely going early in the Byes likely for Doc but not much else I can move on, which is why I think I need to hold firm on not getting Kennedy and worsening the situation.
I was thinking "she'll be right. Noone is trading a R13 bye player so I've got three weeks and nine trades to fix up my R15 bye players".

I've got eight of those players listed myself

Attacked it so hard, worked into the right places all the time, he just seems like a bloody good footballer. Surely Dew is ******* Davies off and giving that time to Humphrey in bursts now.
Do you think it’s better to go Holland’s to Humphrey as M8 for a cash grab, or Wilmot to a 200k? Should actually be able to loop Humphrey at M8 with either Cincotta or Johnson

Do you think it’s better to go Holland’s to Humphrey as M8 for a cash grab, or Wilmot to a 200k? Should actually be able to loop Humphrey at M8 with either Cincotta or Johnson

Hard to provide feedback without knowing the context of the other move. If you go Wilmot to a 200k, are you then going Hollands up to a stronger field player? If you go Hollands down to Humphrey, where are you going up with your other move?

It's hard, but my gut feeling is that Humphrey should have 130-160k of cash in him from now. I'm not sure we have anyone sub-300k who has that as it stands.

Hard to provide feedback without knowing the context of the other move. If you go Wilmot to a 200k, are you then going Hollands up to a stronger field player? If you go Hollands down to Humphrey, where are you going up with your other move?

It's hard, but my gut feeling is that Humphrey should have 130-160k of cash in him from now. I'm not sure we have anyone sub-300k who has that as it stands.
2nd trade is Chayce Jones to Whitfield regardless of the 1st trade if that helps. Humphrey looked good on the weekend, but slightly nervous that he has a 0 to his name

Steele is a worry. Even aside from sitting out the last quarter, his scoring doesn’t seem to be up there with the best. Hard to take when I chose him over Brayshaw, and Walsh wasn’t much more at that stage either

Yea, I myself upgraded from Setterfield to Steele 2 weeks ago and have copped scored of 85 & 75. Projected price change is minus $27k, its certainly tempting to trade him out.

Who do we reckon is more likely to play out of Sheldrick and Fahey this week? I know the answer is neither, but still.

Who do we reckon is more likely to play out of Sheldrick and Fahey this week? I know the answer is neither, but still.

Sheldrick a chance to come in for Mills I'd think.

Anyone know where Warner plays the other 50 percent when not at cbas? Still top 100 but need mills to someone 780k or under. One score under 100 in his last 6 but damn his floor is scary. And he's a pod so I don't want it to back fire.

If I can throw a rookie up there that could prove fruitful it is Matt Johnson.

Having served his 2 week suspension he should be back in the side with a BE of 0 and priced at 280k.
Had his best game against the Lions at the GABBA with 22 disposals and a score 63 with a few dropped marks that could have elevated the score even higher. After a couple starts as the sub he really solidified his place in the 22 before going and getting himself suspended. Both the club and fans really rate him and you only need to take a look at the changes v geelong thread on the freo board to see that.

The only issue I see with him is his JS if he's not back in this week.
With Erasmus getting a go at things in his absence and Fyfe likely to get a start after 2 games as sub, it's likely Johno could be given the vest this week. If not, and he is named in the 22 I will have no hesitations grabbing him as it likely means he stays in the side for the rest of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back