Trades 2023 Fantasy Round 17 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant even move Sheldrick to the FWD bench to loop Dunks as i have too many FWD rookies so he’s stuck in the mids.

What about fwd emergency from the utility spot?

Hmm, not sure what to make of Dunkley.

Feels like most teams are complete so early that trading him out is a no brainer missing 1/8 minimum of games remaining. Given the alternative is trade a Day or Cameron who are semi premiums anyway.

But with Sheldrick/Johnson cover, holding us a good play too if it’s only a one weeker.

I think I’ll at the very least hold and see what Sheldrick serves up. I think I should be able to configure it so that even if Sheldrick is stinky, I can take the better of Dev Robertson or Wilmot’s score for him too, so 1/3 shouldn’t be too bad.

But the sideways trade does feel like the smart play unless the cover goes 85-90+ - trades just aren’t worth as much now. For me it’d probably just be straight to Bont
I’ve gone Dunks to Cogs as they are basically like for like in terms of scoring and bumped Short up to Parish.

1688443401693.png

How's this for a rolling 22? Colour codes denote how likely they are to be clear best 22 from this point on

Green: Definite member
Blue: Probably going to be a member or score very close to the last spot in it
Yellow: Ok chance of being a member / should score close to the last spot
Orange: Small chance of being a member / good chance of being within 5 or so points of the final spot
Red: Probably won't be a member, but should be within 5-10 points
Black/Others: Very unlikely to be a member, but could be 10-15 points within

To me, I probably only want to be bringing in green, or maybe blue guys unless tremendous value. Miller probably becomes green/blue after a successful return

IF Dunkley is out is this crazy if Cameron, Day and Shelrick are worst 3 onfield?
$273k in bank for Cameron to Sicily next week by DPP and put Himmelberg into forward line.

My other thing is what would be better, trading Day or Cameron first this week.

View attachment 1728846

Who's more likely to be best 22/near it in their role? I think there are cases for both. I've got a similar one in that HH, Keays, DC, Day are my 4 weakest links - with my mids holding 1 def and 1 fwd premo anyway, so can move either for a mid. So if I hold Dunkley, moves likely centre around them.

I can't help but shake that we traded DC in because he could be a forward premium and he covers ruck well in case of emergency.

And I look at that match vs GC and note that
  • 72 ruck contests, vs an average of 91 in matches those two play (-19). Similar drop for clearances
  • CBAs went DC 54%, Cox 38%, Frampton 8%, but CBAs aren't always reflective - in terms of ruck contests it was 45/22/5, so 63/31/7% for DC, Cox, Frampton.
  • Cameron was off the ground for a huge chunk of Q1 with some sort of injury issue - I forgot what it was, but he was on for like 10 minutes, barely touched it, then spent most of the rest of the quarter off, so ended up on **** all at QT with no continuity or flow in the game
  • Witts also had a poor score.

I just think it was a bad game for rucks, and DC's Q1 issues haunted him. I still think he's good for 95 - I guess the question is whether 95 is enough? Vs English this week under the roof - English does normally leak points, but they're both pretty similar in that they get beaten at the tap but beat their man around the ground, so maybe DC won't benefit from English's tap weakness as much as most. Hard to predict given he's never rucked against English & has only played under the roof as the main ruck once or twice.

Day is pretty hot and cold, and while I vibe him, there's a mini-Mitchell lottery going on, and Sicily out seems to disproportionately get him thrown around. vs GWS I don't mind that though, as mids score less and defenders more, so if he gets the bad role it might help his scoring.

Whichever you pick will probably be the wrong move, but I'd lean towards Day out if one has to go. Don't see the harm in keeping both if there are other machinations either.

View attachment 1728818

How's this for a rolling 22? Colour codes denote how likely they are to be clear best 22 from this point on

Green: Definite member
Blue: Probably going to be a member or score very close to the last spot in it
Yellow: Ok chance of being a member / should score close to the last spot
Orange: Small chance of being a member / good chance of being within 5 or so points of the final spot
Red: Probably won't be a member, but should be within 5-10 points
Black/Others: Very unlikely to be a member, but could be 10-15 points within

To me, I probably only want to be bringing in green, or maybe blue guys unless tremendous value. Miller probably becomes green/blue after a successful return
Nit picking here, Serong has the 4th highest average of the mids, I'd probably have him ahead of Laird and Green

Overall though pretty close to mark.

Who's more likely to be best 22/near it in their role? I think there are cases for both. I've got a similar one in that HH, Keays, DC, Day are my 4 weakest links - with my mids holding 1 def and 1 fwd premo anyway, so can move either for a mid. So if I hold Dunkley, moves likely centre around them.

I can't help but shake that we traded DC in because he could be a forward premium and he covers ruck well in case of emergency.

And I look at that match vs GC and note that
  • 72 ruck contests, vs an average of 91 in matches those two play (-19). Similar drop for clearances
  • CBAs went DC 54%, Cox 38%, Frampton 8%, but CBAs aren't always reflective - in terms of ruck contests it was 45/22/5, so 63/31/7% for DC, Cox, Frampton.
  • Cameron was off the ground for a huge chunk of Q1 with some sort of injury issue - I forgot what it was, but he was on for like 10 minutes, barely touched it, then spent most of the rest of the quarter off, so ended up on * all at QT with no continuity or flow in the game
  • Witts also had a poor score.

I just think it was a bad game for rucks, and DC's Q1 issues haunted him. I still think he's good for 95 - I guess the question is whether 95 is enough? Vs English this week under the roof - English does normally leak points, but they're both pretty similar in that they get beaten at the tap but beat their man around the ground, so maybe DC won't benefit from English's tap weakness as much as most. Hard to predict given he's never rucked against English & has only played under the roof as the main ruck once or twice.

Day is pretty hot and cold, and while I vibe him, there's a mini-Mitchell lottery going on, and Sicily out seems to disproportionately get him thrown around. vs GWS I don't mind that though, as mids score less and defenders more, so if he gets the bad role it might help his scoring.

Whichever you pick will probably be the wrong move, but I'd lean towards Day out if one has to go. Don't see the harm in keeping both if there are other machinations either.
Yeah looking to go Day > Himmelberg this week to free up the cash next week for Cameron > Sicily.

Screen Shot 2023-07-04 at 1.57.50 pm.png

Have 130k in the bank before any trades and I'm very stuck with what I should do.

Midfield is the obvious weak point, any suggestions from anyone with what my trades should be this week?

Ashcroft

Stocks Bull Market GIF

IMG_5134.JPG

Next few weeks gonna make or break plenty of us with sole sliding doors trades ahead. Thinking the above this week, Day plus Worpel to Sicily and a rook next week, with enough cash for Oliver in the following week. Other option is to get Mills in this week and delay Oliver by a week.

Sheldrick and Johnson only two rooks left on field.

View attachment 1728880

Have 130k in the bank before any trades and I'm very stuck with what I should do.

Midfield is the obvious weak point, any suggestions from anyone with what my trades should be this week?
Depends on what you want to do with Dunks, 1st trade would be Day > Neale (for a sugar hit) All of your playing rookies can wait a week including Ashcroft, might be an opportune time to swap a dead rookie for one of the Tigers debutants, then look at say Ashcroft & Windhager > Oliver & rookie next week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

God I hate calf injuries, anywhere from 1-4 weeks, reckon I'll proceed with my planned trades and reassess next week when he's been reassessed, or not.
I don’t think we’ve had a one week calf so far this season… Parish missed two months and LDU missed two months

Definitely lean towards trade, but now I’m reconsidering bringing in Parish who has a history of them…. Might switch him out. Thinking of going with Cerra as he seems to get a lot of cheapie mid points this season. I’m confident he won’t be Walshed at any point as he’s a very different player.

So trades will be for me for sure

Dunks to Cogs
Short to Cerra

Last edited:
Nit picking here, Serong has the 4th highest average of the mids, I'd probably have him ahead of Laird and Green

Overall though pretty close to mark.

Yeah, was an invite for discussion. The colours matter more than the ranks really, but not sure - just feel slightly less secure in Serong, but he's done enough this year to deserve better than that.

Yeah, that release from Brisbane makes me want to trade Dunkley this week unless Sheldrick makes it that I want a forward zero. Not that certainty over next week counts for much, but the absence of it is enough of a flag.

Think I'll go dunks to sheez and Lloyd to doch. Means next week I go rookie down, day to Sicily. Would much prefer getting DC to doch but due to DPP I can't.

Option b is cogs and sheez this week, DC to Sicily next week. It's essentially day and cogs vs DC and doch.

Depends on what you want to do with Dunks, 1st trade would be Day > Neale (for a sugar hit) All of your playing rookies can wait a week including Ashcroft, might be an opportune time to swap a dead rookie for one of the Tigers debutants, then look at say Ashcroft & Windhager > Oliver & rookie next week?
Well if Dunks is out for multiple weeks it's a must trade, at that point would Dunks -> Keays and Day -> Serong be a good option or is there better options?

D Cam lives.

Briggs > Doch
Dunks > English

200K remaining

Sheldrick / Windhager loop, using Davey Jnr
Johnson / Wilmot loop, using Drury
Yeah I think I have to keep DCam as well with Dunks news.

Dunkley - Zerrett/Bont
Wardlaw - Keays

Dunks to Neale
JVR to Hewett

Next week Wardlaw and Johnson to Sicily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back