Live Event 2023 FIBA Basketball World Cup - KAYO

Remove this Banner Ad

Lithuania did it missing their best player as well.

Worth noting that next years draft features an American Lithuanian as a favourite for a top 3 pick, and a couple of Frenchmen and a Spanish bloke highly rated as well.

The days of America being unbeatable are long gone

Sadly for us it’s strong inside players, outside shooters and fundamentals that kill USA.

Worth noting that next years draft features an American Lithuanian as a favourite for a top 3 pick, and a couple of Frenchmen and a Spanish bloke highly rated as well.

Sadly for us it’s strong inside players, outside shooters and fundamentals that kill USA.
To he fair, USA missing a lot of their best players too lol...
They basically take whoever volunteers to play for the USA team from what I can tell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tbf its long gone because they dont take their best squad anymore. If a combo of Steph, Booker, KD, Tatum, Jaylen, Jrue, Jimmy, Bam and so on went i doubt anyone really gets near them still

To he fair, USA missing a lot of their best players too lol...
They basically take whoever volunteers to play for the USA team from what I can tell.
olympics is their priority internationally. But those who've played and have other priorities will cede to others

That's the one, hope and a prayer and many years of practice!

How much credit to you think the coach is taking for that one?

1693785262204.png

Just reading an article where Goorj explains the lack of Daniels/Goulding minutes last night (no comment on why no Reath in the 4th all tournament tho :rolleyes:) - TLDR is they wanted to win even though it was a dead rubber, must make those guys feel great lol;

“My thought process coming into this, and I said it to Joe and Patty, I met with them and said, ‘I’m playing you just like I did the last night. I’m playing you just like I did the last one and we’re coming here to win this game’ and they scared the s*** out of me,” he said.

“We were 18 points up going into the fourth quarter and won by one, the kid got hot we had a 20-point lead and now we’re playing with that 10-point (lead).

Re: the bolded, can anyone translate for me what the actual **** he's talking about? :tearsofjoy:

Just reading an article where Goorj explains the lack of Daniels/Goulding minutes last night (no comment on why no Reath in the 4th all tournament tho :rolleyes:) - TLDR is they wanted to win even though it was a dead rubber, must make those guys feel great lol;

Re: the bolded, can anyone translate for me what the actual **** he's talking about? :tearsofjoy:
*one by one

Although 'won by one' makes about as much sense as anything Goorj has said or done over the past month.

he's basically saying we were cruising, up by 18 late in the 3rd, then McFadden hit 3 3's and all of a sudden we were back to a 10 point lead.

I wanted to play them, but got scared because the lead had reduced and I trusted Mills and Ingles to get us over the line, but not Daniels and Goulding.

Know whats funny?
Goulding and Daniels probably would’ve increased the lead and restore momentum.
Ingles and Mills had no confidence in doing so. Any other rotation would’ve been better. Every time the two came in, that’s when the offence fell apart
Ingles was playing his age and ACL injury this tournament. Ain’t no way he was getting the ball to shoot 3s.

Bloody hope Gorj doesn’t go to Paris. He ll keep that same mentality.
By then Daniels would be mature and perhaps developed.

Gleeson mentioned on the broadcast he spoke to cotton 2 weeks ago and it still hasn’t gone through.

How ducking long is it meant to take?

If he was duttons au pair it would have been done by now.

They screwed up and cancelled his work visa before they applied for an athletic visa or something which made him in the country illegally for that period = inelligible for everything for eternity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Live Event 2023 FIBA Basketball World Cup - KAYO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back